Buggy game, but otherwise great.

SweetieBelle85

I was insanely addicted to this game before I finished everything except last few trophies which require waiting and rng, but now I'm locked out of 1 trophy until developers patch a serious bug I'll explain below. I still plan to login daily beyond platinum to complete my catalogue and begin work on creating my dream island once I have a lot more stuff I'm wanting, but I may not be able to get platinum until major bug is patched. I've reported them all to Stolen Couch Games Twitter. The first one I reported they replied saying they will look into it. No reply for the others, but I assume they will look into them as well, or at least I hope as I love this game so much. Easily scratches that Animal Crossing/life simulation itch.

Throughout my time playing the game I have stumbled upon multiple bugs.

1. The first was the water and timer icons on plants and trees either not disappearing when they should, or overlapping each other.

2. There's a bug where your character will refuse to interact with certain trees. The only fix is to move around the tree trying to interact at certain points until you find a specific spot where it will let you interact.

3. There's a bug where you will go to talk to an NPC and view will zoom in a bit like it does any time you talk to an NPC, but no dialogue options will appear. You'll be stuck like this and cannot back out. You can still open menu though. Only fix is to close game and restart game.

4. Another bug happened once I hit level 25. All of the fish vanished. They were gone the rest of the day, but the daily reset fixed it and the fish re-appeared. Haven't had it happen since and I'm level 35 now.

5. Now for the big one: Yesterday my daily challenges completely vanished and the 24h daily reset time shows 0 instead of a timer counting down. Despite this the daily login reward is still given and the island repopulates with junk, rocks, weeds, shells, and cobwebs as usual. The 3 daily progress rewards still show and change at the daily reset, but no longer change every 2 hours, which brings me to another point. I always found it odd that the challenges and progress rewards change every 2 hours even though there's a 24h timer below the challenges. Even more strange is that the 3 progress rewards only change every 2 hours if you're on the game. If you're off the game during the 2 hour reset or daily reset, only the challenge list changes, but not the progress rewards. This is the only way to get the 3rd progress reward since 1 complete challenge list will not get you the 250 points needed to redeem the 3rd reward. With this bug the reset occurs once a day, but without challenges it doesn't matter since you can't earn the points needed to redeem the rewards without challenges. This means I can no longer get the trophy for donating all collectibles, which requires donating all the badges, which you can only get from the daily challenge progress rewards.

EDIT: The issue with the daily challenge list vanishing and timer showing 0 has fixed itself after going away from game for 2 days.

Edited by h0tNstilettos
  • Like 1