Azur Lane

Artemisthemp

56 minutes ago, Helmet_time said:

The only practical way to get gems is to buy them.  Marriage has a game advantage, but it's minor, so you can definitely stay FTP and go all the way. 

Personally, I like the Trade License.  The extra oil, gold, and cubes are helpful in a pinch and since I play every day I don't mind paying 8 dollars a month.

Thank you for the advice. Now for my status report and my reveal of my main team. 

1) What is the deal here?

N1MMNCv.jpg

2) I think Laffey likes me 

cU21J7I.jpg

3) my team. Juno probably getting replaced when I get another super rare 

oA5nmf4.jpg

Edit: can I log into the game on my android and download my progress there, just to use my reward currency without messing up my iPad save?

Edited by AndyKazama
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, AndyKazama said:

1) What is the deal here?

It's part of the quest to unlock Akashi, which you should do ASAP, she's basically required for end-game maps.

PS: You team looks pretty solid, lowish oil, decent ships.  You might want to give Taco point so poor Juno isn't tanking.   The middle position in the vanguard  generally takes the least damage and DDs are squishy.  

Edited by Helmet_time
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Helmet_time said:

It's part of the quest to unlock Akashi, which you should do ASAP, she's basically required for end-game maps.

PS: You team looks pretty solid, lowish oil, decent ships.  You might want to give Taco point so poor Juno isn't tanking.   The middle position in the vanguard  generally takes the least damage and DDs are squishy.  

Yeah just noticed she's taking a lot of damage. She's due for replacement but I'll take care of her. 

I don't think I'm doing too bad and really liking the characters. Looking for to the western port of Cross Lane. 

Team 2 has some decent members, just no decent vanguard ships, so when I get my SR for team 1, will fix team 2.  

3 hours ago, AndyKazama said:

2) I think Laffey likes me 

cU21J7I.jpg

That's Affinity. Your Laffey is on 'Crush' and she's get a stats boost of +3%.

8vzC1Zh.jpg

Here's my Black Prince for example on 'Love' Affinity. She gets a +6% stat boost.

To get more Affinity there's 2 ways. One is keep using her in battle(if she gets a MVP, she gets more Affinity). Two is to have her as Secretary and she'll very slowly gets Affinity but she stops getting Affinity as Secretary at 90.

But don't use her or sunk her too much. You want to keep her in a good mode.

uJBUV5T.jpg

If she did in a bad mood which gives her less exp and might lose Affinity, just don't use her or send her to the Dorm to recover faster.

If it's your first time a ship 'Loves' you. You'll get 1 Promise Ring for free. You can buy more Promise Ring if you want. If you give a ship that 'Loves' you a Promise Ring, you'll get a wedding.

y0xv0MNr.jpg

Now I don't know if you already know this and I'm guessing here but...

Spoiler

MUVqWUyr.jpg

Takao is one of the few ships that gets a Wedding skin for free if you give her a Promise Ring.

3 hours ago, AndyKazama said:

Edit: can I log into the game on my android and download my progress there, just to use my reward currency without messing up my iPad save?

On the Settings, you can bind your Facebook, Twitter or Yostar account which pretty much your save data. If you delete Azur Lane and didn't bind your account, you just lost all of those progress. If you did bind your account, you can just log-in to any device using that account.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Revvie said:

That's Affinity. Your Laffey is on 'Crush' and she's get a stats boost of +3%.

8vzC1Zh.jpg

Here's my Black Prince for example on 'Love' Affinity. She gets a +6% stat boost.

To get more Affinity there's 2 ways. One is keep using her in battle(if she gets a MVP, she gets more Affinity). Two is to have her as Secretary and she'll very slowly gets Affinity but she stops getting Affinity as Secretary at 90.

But don't use her or sunk her too much. You want to keep her in a good mode.

uJBUV5T.jpg

If she did in a bad mood which gives her less exp and might lose Affinity, just don't use her or send her to the Dorm to recover faster.

If it's your first time a ship 'Loves' you. You'll get 1 Promise Ring for free. You can buy more Promise Ring if you want. If you give a ship that 'Loves' you a Promise Ring, you'll get a wedding.

y0xv0MNr.jpg

Now I don't know if you already know this and I'm guessing here but...

Reveal hidden contents

MUVqWUyr.jpg

Takao is one of the few ships that gets a Wedding skin for free if you give her a Promise Ring.

On the Settings, you can bind your Facebook, Twitter or Yostar account which pretty much your save data. If you delete Azur Lane and didn't bind your account, you just lost all of those progress. If you did bind your account, you can just log-in to any device using that account.

So my plan is to marry Takao, sorry Laffey ?‍♂️

I've noticed with the Sakura Empire - aka not Japan - it seems to be vow and not marriage. Probably a culture thing. 

I'm super close to enough for a premium skin of my choices.  10 points if you guess what is and 20 if you figure out why ?. 

Now, it's a game, and it's for fun, but can some clarify 

Are these humans with ship like attachments and can do battle? Or are they ships with human features? ?

I'm presuming the first. 

Edited by AndyKazama
It's Takao, not talk. Silly Google.
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Revvie said:

New lolis!

2fONmOF.jpg

Excel-... Wait wrong one :awesome:

hjHZFt4.jpg

Maybe a monthly non-loli DD next time Yostar? Either way, thanks. 1f694.png

For now, I finally got all the retrofits.

di3bIWv.jpg

She has the High Ground.

Not my sort of character but Azur Lane caters for all. It does it even better than Senran Kagura, my favourite girly franchise. 

Speaking of... oh my.

C2e9p94.jpg

• Like 2

Guess this could count an edit of above, but if not, new post it is!

i'm stuck with submarines, yeah someone who understands Demon's Soul shards is stuck with Azur submarine combat.

Wiki says I need:

- Sonar 

- Depth chargers.

I'm certain I don't have these. Hows best to go ahead and get them?

6 hours ago, AndyKazama said:

Guess this could count an edit of above, but if not, new post it is!

i'm stuck with submarines, yeah someone who understands Demon's Soul shards is stuck with Azur submarine combat.

Wiki says I need:

- Sonar 

- Depth chargers.

I'm certain I don't have these. Hows best to go ahead and get them?

Submarine (SoS) missions are the best way to get submarine and anti-Submarine gear.  You can also get them through the weekly Backline Disruption missions (which requires you to use subs).  You should be able to get submarine tech boxes in the medal exchange as week.

For now you should probably just do backline disruption since you can get sub tech boxes that way.  Subs are handy, but not vital, and when you're starting out they're not the best use of resources.       

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helmet_time said:

Submarine (SoS) missions are the best way to get submarine and anti-Submarine gear.  You can also get them through the weekly Backline Disruption missions (which requires you to use subs).  You should be able to get submarine tech boxes in the medal exchange as week.

For now you should probably just do backline disruption since you can get sub tech boxes that way.  Subs are handy, but not vital, and when you're starting out they're not the best use of resources.       

I'm a little taken back how much there is in this as a mobile game. (Probably because I don't play them in general, Azur Lane is the exception to the rule.)

I've now unlocked cats ?. (I'd have preferred dogs and you know Takao would too.)

Just turned on usage capture on my iPad so be interesting to see how much time I clock up a week. 

• Like 2

Glad to see that you are all doing well. I finally got the gems to purchase the Chinese Dress for St. Louis and she looks amazing. I been wanting to get this outfit for her since the beginning and it intensified seeing artwork of her in the dress. Also I love her L2D, I actually think her L2D is better than my Belfast L2D because it seems to me that St. Louis L2D is more expressive and her entire body moves like wherever I point to, St. Louis follows it as well compare with Belfast who just looks where I am point at. I also ended marrying St. Louis as well since I love her very much and the stat boost is great to have.

oMU470R.jpgGGkgp2B.jpgaKixX9R.jpg9xYwhXX.jpgRLW4PLh.jpgLgjQbRe.jpg

I love the face she makes when you point at something at the bottom right corner.

OdBpPvh.jpg

I also got enough point to get the Italian Icon Border, a lot of cubes and Bullins were lost to get these points but I am glad I have another Icon Border but it sucks I still didn't get the American Icon Border.

PS1oU4U.jpg

gKLRrAD.jpg

On 9/21/2019 at 10:31 AM, AndyKazama said:

Are these humans with ship like attachments and can do battle? Or are they ships with human features? 1f914.png

I'm presuming the first. 

Actually the game sorts of hints that they are ships with human features because there is ship called Amagi who is very sick because her Wisdom Cube is damaged and becomes even more damaged after fighting the Sirens. Though they also imply later in the event that ships can become human and have a civilian lives.

bIvwiwf.jpg

4Fe0HSM.jpg

BegTH3C.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheVader66 said:

Actually the game sorts of hints that they are ships with human features because there is ship called Amagi who is very sick because her Wisdom Cube is damaged and becomes even more damaged after fighting the Sirens. Though they also imply later in the event that ships can become human and have a civilian lives.

To expand on this, when Akashi is experimenting on the wisdom cubes during the Bel-chan event it's implied that the nature of the wisdom cubes and the creation of ship-girls is poorly understood.  I suspect (or maybe it was stated somewhere) that the wisdom cubes are the product of captured Siren tech, or perhaps Siren tech seeded out to humanity.  On the other hand, Fletcher seems to think she had parents who made her and her sisters the old fashioned way, but she might be joking.

During the Nep event it is stated that ship-girls have psychic control over their rigging (which is constructed on-sight at the base) and only ship-girls and CPUs (it turns out) have this ability.       

Most of the events seem take place at different times, so piecing together an actual narrative is hard.  It will probably be explained more clearly when the anime comes out.     

• Like 2

I just heard about the anime. I hope it isn't tied to some channel for English distro yet so I can get it the "Kairi Sane" way. (I'm all about supporting creators but I'm not using Crunchy roll.)

The story sounds a little ambiguous, which I like. Because I would like to think as them more human, as my account married Takao all human, would be weird to me otherwise.

To me the cubes seem very similar to the machine cores that power the YorHas in Nier.

machine_core.jpg

Edit: apologies, this is from the robots.

The YorHa have little black boxes, I couldn't find an article on it right now as traveling to work 

Concept the same both YorHa and robots though

End edit.

(I have now even further linked Nier and Azur outside the Enterprise and 2B connection. ?)

Edited by AndyKazama
  • Like 1

Well...poured roughly 230 cubes into the event, and I failed to get HMS Formidable. I was able to get pretty much all of the other event ships (only failed to get RN Trento), but the one ship I was most interested in eluded all of my cubes. Somewhat frustrated, but hopefully one day I will be able to obtain her as another fine addition to my vast Royal Navy fleet.

After checking the Azur Lane Wiki, I am surprised they did not include FFNF Jeanne d'Arc in the Iris of the Light & Dark event back in June. Her artwork looks awesome (and would have been a nice addition to any Commander's fleet)!

SOURCE: https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/Jeanne_d'Arc

While the ship itself has not been released or mentioned to be released in the future, the full CG does exist in the game files and appears in the story during the Iris of Light and Dark event.

Jeanne_d'Arc.png

• Like 3

So Empyreal Tragic Comedy ended, so I thought now would be as time as any. To leave some thoughts on the game as new player during the event of Empyreal. Sections in spoilers you can read what you like.

Why did I start Azur Lane?

Spoiler

It's probably down to Senran Kagura. Before this I didn't care for anime games, which I refer to "niche Japanese titles". So Azur Lane is my latest venture.

What do I actually think of Azur Lane?

Spoiler

Really good for a mobile game. I love the art style. The random drops are pretty fair. Only had issues with oil for the first time yesterday (25th Sept)

Top 5 characters (that I own)?

Spoiler

1.) Takao

230px-Takao.png

2.)  Prinz Eugen

288px-Prinz_Eugen.png

3.) Enterprise

176px-Enterprise.png

4.) Littorio

280px-Littorio.png

5. Long Island (but I don't own the skin and want to.)

210px-Long_IslandBilibili.png

Thoughts on the Empyreal Tragicomey event

Spoiler

Overall pretty good. Almost beat it didn't get reward ship. Ready for the rerun. Really wish they'd do a Palo drop because I prefer the design to Zara.

Random stuff

Spoiler

My thoughts on waifu

- okay with it, as long as the person can determine what is real and not

Will I stick with Azur Lane?

- probably, as long as I can main "oppai" characters.

Will probably buy gems when I did 20 hours gameplay to support Yostar

Any thing I didn't cover? Let me know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MossyOakRcn42 said:

After checking the Azur Lane Wiki, I am surprised they did not include FFNF Jeanne d'Arc in the Iris of the Light & Dark event back in June. Her artwork looks awesome (and would have been a nice addition to any Commander's fleet)!

And don't forget FFNF Richelieu.

Spoiler

889px-Richelieu.png

And then there's RN Pola and RN Vittorio Veneto.

Spoiler

851px-Pola.png

858px-Vittorio_Veneto.png

They are gonna be like KMS Bismarck, their CGs exist but will be added later events where they will be in some part of a battle.

1 hour ago, AndyKazama said:

What do I actually think of Azur Lane?

Hide contents

Really good for a mobile game. I love the art style. The random drops are pretty fair. Only had issues with oil for the first time yesterday (25th Sept)

On 9/21/2019 at 1:29 AM, AndyKazama said:

oA5nmf4.jpg

Sure your fleet is solid but the big problem is your fleet cost a lot of oil. Do note that SR ships costs a lot of oil. There's 3 SR ship in this fleet so it's best to oil save if this is your Mob fleet or just use this fleet as your Boss fleet.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Revvie said:

And don't forget FFNF Richelieu.

Reveal hidden contents

889px-Richelieu.png

And then there's RN Pola and RN Vittorio Veneto.

Reveal hidden contents

851px-Pola.png

858px-Vittorio_Veneto.png

They are gonna be like KMS Bismarck, their CGs exist but will be added later events where they will be in some part of a battle.

Sure your fleet is solid but the big problem is your fleet cost a lot of oil. Do note that SR ships costs a lot of oil. There's 3 SR ship in this fleet so it's best to oil save if this is your Mob fleet or just use this fleet as your Boss fleet.

That kind makes sense. I have a lot of elites to use (mostly get sent on commission so are appropriately leveled) and when I unlock more fleets I'll spread them out.

I feel right now I'm coming to grips with things and fleet 2 has only just become viable. Will play with formations.

I know a bunch of you sent me videos (appreciate that) but watched very few due to when and where I play the game. (Also I like to wing it.)

2 hours ago, AndyKazama said:

Random stuff

Reveal hidden contents

My thoughts on waifu

- okay with it, as long as the person can determine what is real and not

Will I stick with Azur Lane?

- probably, as long as I can main "oppai" characters.

Will probably buy gems when I did 20 hours gameplay to support Yostar

Any thing I didn't cover? Let me know.

I totally forgot that I never asked what do you think of Takao Racing Outfit because me and @Tosmasta00 loved it. Sadly for now the racing outfit hasn't been announced for the game in any version since it was used to just promote the game. So we are hoping that one it gets introduced into the game.

Spoiler

__takao_azur_lane_drawn_by_kishiyo__27e9

Also since you said you were into the characters that have certain physical features and black hair. Here is a small portion of the ships that might fit that description.some of these ships haven't come to the west yet while others have already arrived.

Azuma is a ship you can get in the 2nd Wave of Primary Research which hasn't been released yet in the west since we just got the 1st wave this year.

Spoiler

__azuma_azur_lane_drawn_by_kishiyo__165d

Choukai is a ship that is related to Takao that you can get at Chapter 12-4 but only as a drop, so you may need to play that mission over and over again or get lucky in the first try.

Spoiler

__choukai_azur_lane_drawn_by_kishiyo__f0

Yat Sen is one of the few Chinese ships you can get in the game, she is from the Lunar New Year Event. She works well with Ning Hai and Ping Hai in the same fleet.

Spoiler

__yat_sen_azur_lane_drawn_by_kishiyo__8f

Finally, you may already know her but there is Atago who is the sister of Takao. She is available to build through the usual method of Heavy Build. She is fan favorite among the community. Which is why she has a lot of outfits.

Spoiler

__atago_azur_lane_drawn_by_kishiyo__18af

She also has a racing outfit as well.

Spoiler

__atago_azur_lane_drawn_by_kishiyo__2783

Anyways, there is a lot more ships that you may like, I only showed off a small portion of them who are all from the same artist as Takao. I recommend just going with the flow and see what ships you may like.

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 2

@TheVader66 - tagging you vs quote because this thread EATS my phone data

Takao racing outfit - If it's the one the cosplayer done - I might be in trouble for using uni network. JK. I love it. I love all her outfits. She's may favourite character because of the attitude - she's a bit "tsundere" like Ika-chan isn't she?

Azuma - saw her. Love it.

Choukai - saw her. Love it. The Honoka tights

Spoiler

DOA5LR_Honoka_C1.jpg

(My number one waifu)

Yat-Sen - stop taunting me. There's a Senran Kagura New Link card of Ikagura in that outfit. There's one of Murasaki too. I love it. again. HONOKA TIGHTS

Atago - explain to me - the ears. Why do they have animal ears and human ones? The dog ones really put me off.

As you can tell by now - mostly oppai characters. Senran has ruined me. 

Edit: the reddit for this game is pretty cool. People understand me there. (See latest post on Pola)

Edited by AndyKazama
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyKazama said:

@TheVader66 - tagging you vs quote because this thread EATS my phone data

Sorry that I am making you eat your data. I know the pain of being constricted by phone data.

3 minutes ago, AndyKazama said:

Yat-Sen - stop taunting me. There's a Senran Kagura New Link card of Ikagura in that outfit. There's one of Murasaki too. I love it. again. HONOKA TIGHTS

Atago - explain to me - the ears. Why do they have animal ears and human ones? The dog ones really put me off.

As you can tell by now - mostly oppai characters. Senran has ruined me. 

First, I really really wish that Senran Kagura makes a collab with Azur Lane it would be amazing like the Neptunia Collab. Also I don't think I saw Ikagura wear a dress similar to Yat Sen, I should search it later. 

Second, on the animal ears question. The reason why Atago and many other Japanese girls have animal attributes like dog ears is because that is their theme. Sakura Empire's Fleet consist of girls with animal features or sometimes oni features. If I remember correctly it is related to Chinese view on the Japanese in WW2 as Dogs of War just like how the Ironblood theme is Girls with Mechanical Sharks because of the Western Allies sometimes referring how the German Subs attack Shipping Lanes like sharks. Royal Navy's theme is just a royal aristocrat theme which is based on well the British Monarchy, they are dressed as maids, aristocrats, private school girls and royal attire. Finally we have the Eagle Union who's theme is just....nothing because they are meant to have theme like the others. Their theme is that they dress in differently from one another like Helena, Phoenix and Brooklyn uniforms look different from Essex and Independence uniforms who also look different from Oklahoma and Nevada. Eagle Union not having a set theme is a reference to the United States being a Melting Pot and not having a set culture like the others. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

Sorry that I am making you eat your data. I know the pain of being constricted by phone data.

First, I really really wish that Senran Kagura makes a collab with Azur Lane it would be amazing like the Neptunia Collab. Also I don't think I saw Ikagura wear a dress similar to Yat Sen, I should search it later. 

Second, on the animal ears question. The reason why Atago and many other Japanese girls have animal attributes like dog ears is because that is their theme. Sakura Empire's Fleet consist of girls with animal features or sometimes oni features. If I remember correctly it is related to Chinese view on the Japanese in WW2 as Dogs of War just like how the Ironblood theme is Girls with Mechanical Sharks because of the Western Allies sometimes referring how the German Subs attack Shipping Lanes like sharks. Royal Navy's theme is just a royal aristocrat theme which is based on well the British Monarchy, they are dressed as maids, aristocrats, private school girls and royal attire. Finally we have the Eagle Union who's theme is just....nothing because they are meant to have theme like the others. Their theme is that they dress in differently from one another like Helena, Phoenix and Brooklyn uniforms look different from Essex and Independence uniforms who also look different from Oklahoma and Nevada. Eagle Union not having a set theme is a reference to the United States being a Melting Pot and not having a set culture like the others. 

Yeah that makes total sense. I love all the themes, it's not that i hate the characters with ears, I just don't find that "sexy" - Atago might change that (but to me she looks like a copy/paste of Taco-chan with ears - so Taco it is!)

Horns I don't mind. Weird right? 

Ironblood might be my favourite - Roon is the character I really want via R&D - tempted to buy her black dress outift so I can use it later. :/ 

P.s. if you ask me Enterprise is the most "Eagle Union" - she looks very us Navy compared to the most. 

1 hour ago, TheVader66 said:

For whatever reason none of the pics you linked seem to load.

1 hour ago, AndyKazama said:

Yeah that makes total sense. I love all the themes, it's not that i hate the characters with ears, I just don't find that "sexy" - Atago might change that (but to me she looks like a copy/paste of Taco-chan with ears - so Taco it is!)

Hmm Takao with ears huh? So you haven't noticed

gCaHqh2.jpg

She already has animal ears just floppy ones that most don't notice.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tosmasta00 said:

For whatever reason none of the pics you linked seem to load.

Hmm Takao with ears huh? So you haven't noticed

Reveal hidden contents

gCaHqh2.jpg

She already has animal ears just floppy ones that most don't notice.

Huh, guess I broke ma rules. TIME TO GO ALL IN!

• Like 2