Azur Lane

Artemisthemp

12 minutes ago, AndyKazama said:

I've got a lot of new ships so will reveal all at end of event. P.s. I need Agano and Choukai

P.s. Have you all seen the group D poll? Prince Eugen beating Takao. Pfft.

I didn't even know that group d poll has started.

I want to say I am surprised but Prinz Eugen has been popular since the very beginning. It probably helped that when the game was first launched if you logged in for I think seven day or five days you would get Prinz Eugen for free. So she was many people's first SR ship. I actually got Takao and Belfast before getting my Prinz Eugen. So you were given a Prinz Eugen and not only that, she has a lot of outfits. All people talk about in the first months of Azur Lane was her boob mole. 

I went to see who are the bottom row and both ships that I like Yat Sen and Ashigara are in the bottom. I have to at least help them beat I-168 since I can never forgive her for killing my waifus sister.

GbW6eA2.jpg

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

I didn't even know that group d poll has started.

I want to say I am surprised but Prinz Eugen has been popular since the very beginning. It probably helped that when the game was first launched if you logged in for I think seven day or five days you would get Prinz Eugen for free. So she was many people's first SR ship. I actually got Takao and Belfast before getting my Prinz Eugen. So you were given a Prinz Eugen and not only that, she has a lot of outfits. All people talk about in the first months of Azur Lane was her boob mole. 

I went to see who are the bottom row and both ships that I like Yat Sen and Ashigara are in the bottom. I have to at least help them beat I-168 since I can never forgive her for killing my waifus sister.

GbW6eA2.jpg

Eugen is great and I have enough gems to get her party outfit -totes doing that. But Taco will always be #1 until I get Azuma evennntuuallyy... (give us season 2 ships please, but wait till I get Roon)

I also got Eugen as a mission bonus and Taco I got through the 2% drop of SRs, so means a lot due to the infinitely low chance to get her! 

P.s. Yat Sen is too low!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AndyKazama said:

Eugen is great and I have enough gems to get her party outfit -totes doing that. But Taco will always be #1 until I get Azuma evennntuuallyy... (give us season 2 ships please, but wait till I get Roon)

I also got Eugen as a mission bonus and Taco I got through the 2% drop of SRs, so means a lot due to the infinitely low chance to get her! 

P.s. Yat Sen is too low!

I think the reason why Yat Sen is too low is because she is only available in one event called Lunar New Year 2019 which was from January to February. People may have failed to get her since she was an Epic ship. So she may be low because of not that many people have her which would explain why U-81 is low as well since she is a submarine and they have low appearance rate and she is only available in normal special summon. Suffolk is the lowest because she appears the most and cockblocks people.

Yat Sen is such an amazing person. She gives such heartwarming dialogue. I think I may actually make it my goal to get her out of the bottom row.

fSmzU24.jpg

Edited by TheVader66

14 hours ago, AndyKazama said:

p.s. I'm an idiot when it comes to forums. How do I quote a tiny bit of a post, rather than the whole thing, so sorry for making you all read your own stuff again :P

Spoiler

01Pmf2n.png

JEwbtRD.png

Inside the quote, you could just delete the ones that you don't want to quote.

Azur Lane Episode 1 has aired. I'm curious what you guys think of it. Here's some of the moments that caught me.

Spoiler

CtLXVjp.png

SUPERIOR GERMAN ENGINEERING!

wjMDHH8.png

@AndyKazama ^_^

cUkMTGg.png

39TtECS.png

Oh come on! How come Nimi is not in here!

NYIVQ4n.png

Laffey is doing the tilting head.

gLOA5Tp.png

I'm so happy. Sandy Cult for life!

fsgcs04.png

EAAcplh.png:laffeydrink:

5I3nLXg.png

We'll that escalated quickly.

Uvd9AN8.png

White

zyvJup4.png

EwxTdTI.png

So from what I'm seeing here, when a shipgirl doesn't equip their armament, it turns into their actual warship. If they wanna equip their armament, it turns into what looks like Wisdom Cubes and they equipped it. Is that how it works?

Ra0tuxh.png

Pink ?

45dpyij.png

K9xeOIK.png

Woah. Did Unicorn became a valkyrie? That's awesome.

Vth4lkU.jpg

What? A giant fox!?

U3jPYN2.png

Interesting that Enty destroys the giant fox carrier using her bow even though she's a carrier. Too bad she didn't say OWARI DA.

Q0rTa1O.png

Now I'm excited.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Revvie said:
  Reveal hidden contents

01Pmf2n.png

JEwbtRD.png

Inside the quote, you could just delete the ones that you don't want to quote.

Azur Lane Episode 1 has aired. I'm curious what you guys think of it. Here's some of the moments that caught me.

Reveal hidden contents

CtLXVjp.png

SUPERIOR GERMAN ENGINEERING!

wjMDHH8.png

@AndyKazama ^_^

cUkMTGg.png

39TtECS.png

Oh come on! How come Nimi is not in here!

NYIVQ4n.png

Laffey is doing the tilting head.

gLOA5Tp.png

I'm so happy. Sandy Cult for life!

fsgcs04.png

EAAcplh.png:laffeydrink:

5I3nLXg.png

We'll that escalated quickly.

Uvd9AN8.png

White

zyvJup4.png

EwxTdTI.png

So from what I'm seeing here, when a shipgirl doesn't equip their armament, it turns into their actual warship. If they wanna equip their armament, it turns into what looks like Wisdom Cubes and they equipped it. Is that how it works?

Ra0tuxh.png

Pink 1f694.png

45dpyij.png

K9xeOIK.png

Woah. Did Unicorn became a valkyrie? That's awesome.

Vth4lkU.jpg

What? A giant fox!?

U3jPYN2.png

Interesting that Enty destroys the giant fox carrier using her bow even though she's a carrier. Too bad she didn't say OWARI DA.

Q0rTa1O.png

Now I'm excited.

How did you watch it? 

Ps Taco looking sweeet. I'll probably make my own screenshots @Revvie when I watch it. ?

Edited by AndyKazama

Well I found it somehow. 

Good to see my main ship girls on TV. 

Also I have to watch this for Yui Ishikawa too ?

Edit: I freakin love Unicorn 

Edit 2: for a show based on a game about female anthropomorphic ships, that was pretty good. 

I don't watch a lot of anime, so my definition of a good anime might not be the same as yours. But Enterprise having a huge role pleases me a lot

Edited by AndyKazama
  • Like 1

It was way overdue but I finally married North Carolina. She along with Takao and Illustrious were the reason I was interested in Azur Lane in the first place. She is such an amazing ship and her skill is amazing in nerfing AkagiKaga Combo against my Enterprise. I been using her since the day I got her in my fleet. I love her, I am extremely glad that I managed to grind the tokens to get her. Also it turns out that she is my most powerful ship that I have in the entire game. So she really deserved that ring.

JiIhyzN.jpg

QZsYWNO.jpg

iZz8xh9.jpg

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 4

@TheVader66 congratulations ? I'm more impressed by your collection ?

Infact: I'm still amazed at some of the ship collections y'all post. 

Open question: how long have you all been playing to get that far? How much work do you put in each day?

Bonus: how much do you play before you feel you can justify spending on the game? (Yes, to me this is a real thing, I waited till 40 hours till first spend.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AndyKazama said:

Open question: how long have you all been playing to get that far? How much work do you put in each day?

Bonus: how much do you play before you feel you can justify spending on the game? (Yes, to me this is a real thing, I waited till 40 hours till first spend.)

1. I’ve been playing for a year and more. I think around 2-3 hrs depending if I’m busy on the day unless I’m not busy or if there’s a big event plus I’m playing on auto mostly.

2. I think if I ran out of dock space with no gems. I play serious and for the shipfus so my dock space is full of shipfus and bulins. It cost 200 gems for a +10 dock expansion which is not that bad. Other things I buy with gems is Oath rings and very rarely Premium skins.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Revvie said:

1. I’ve been playing for a year and more. I think around 2-3 hrs depending if I’m busy on the day unless I’m not busy or if there’s a big event plus I’m playing on auto mostly.

2. I think if I ran out of dock space with no gems. I play serious and for the shipfus so my dock space is full of shipfus and bulins. It cost 200 gems for a +10 dock expansion which is not that bad. Other things I buy with gems is Oath rings and very rarely Premium skins.

I'm about same right now

- lunch hours I do as much as I can on auto

- on auto when on the PS4 or when making food

But gems, I've earned I reckon 50% of the ones you can in game, but I need to invest better bought

- bought Taco school girl because shipfu

- bought Prinz Eugen because she's second shipfu 

Gems for a while will need to be spent on dock space, training space etc..... Oath rings I see the reasoning.
(I could rant on how the gem system is still broken despite this game being generous for a F2P but you all probably know what I'm going to say.)

Big update coming tomorrow for stuff achieved during the Crosswave event. Hopefully I can get Hood via merits before than. :P

• Like 1

*Long post and many images hidden by spoiler tags to save your data*
Crosswave is over, so he's my diary of what I did - because I am new I got a lot of stuff so would have been doing a lot of posts otherwise - this saves that :P

Crosswave Progress:

Spoiler

These results are rigged. #TacoForLife

9qYikVn.jpg

What I did, 30K not bad I thinkROkcTbg.jpg

New costumes for people I don't have

Spoiler

I don't know these people :P

8CZmVOl.jpg

c30l0xi.jpg

New costumes that I bought 

Spoiler

Grade S waifu material

muyrl4C.jpg

My Laffey has gone all retrofit on me. (So proud)

Spoiler

wLLmWQF.jpg

New Super Rares 

Spoiler

Medal of honor trade #1

7AVKDhS.jpg

Random build

l38qhhY.jpg

Event drop

8hO7rCy.jpg

Medal trade #2

Ts0C5zM.jpg

Full limit breaks (I love unicorn)

Spoiler

x7Exzlc.jpg

hhr9yF1.jpg

Last one - Tacoville (my dorm)

Spoiler

eeWm8SB.jpg

Okay I promise I'm done. I won't post the Rares/Elites as there's a lot - I'll upload all my Azur Lane to personal imgur soon https://andykazamauk.imgur.com/all

Any questions, comments etc. let me know. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AndyKazama said:

Open question: I just got a Takao. Taco is already limited breaked to max.

What should I do with spare best girl?

10 Medals or just keep her. Remember that you can't use two of the same ship.

Anyways, Episode 2 of the anime is up.

Spoiler

hlkfStB.png

RIP Sandy. You will always be numbah wan in our heart.

xcRXBl0.pngEAAcplh.png

:laffeydrink:

bJ8jQBB.png

Spoiler

QKB3Lxw.png

oJudWXo.png

F

fbwF2vA.png

Ara. Everyone's favorite German CA finally appear.

HcDtwzZ.png

Nimi finally appears. It's now my favorite anime of this season.

T44UyTi.png

CMoKU9A.jpg

Anime: White

In-game: Black

oLTRjho.png

The best ghost appears.

tEfOclt.png

@TheVader66 That smile though.

UCm1KL3.png

She's ready for a Hammbite.

tZngiYu.png

One of the best onee-chan appears.

D8VXSxh.png

Her Majesty is being badass.

UIYg4jj.png

4xd8325.png

As yes. Out of all the starters, Nimi is the most sane one.

ESbuvol.png

Owari Da! The holy words of Jesusprise. She finally said it.

EsRTKnF.png

Now I'm more excited.

• Like 2

@Tosmasta00 super proud of my Laffey getting retrofitted. It's a good feeling, no?

Working my way onto retrofitting Long Island (I must be a rare super fan) and Portland!

@Revvie medals it is. It's just another Takao, but my Taco.

Also, my Graff Spee update gonna be huge again. Just got a certain pointy ear ship, an event ship and rented the cutest outfit ever. Might buy gems to keep it ?

On 10/8/2019 at 8:16 AM, Helmet_time said:

Congratulations @TheVader66

North Carolina is an absolute cinnamon roll and criminally underrated. 

She's pretty much carried my fleet through the plane-hell that is World 12.

On 10/8/2019 at 9:19 AM, AndyKazama said:

@TheVader66 congratulations 1f44d.png I'm more impressed by your collection 1f631.png

Infact: I'm still amazed at some of the ship collections y'all post. 

On 10/8/2019 at 11:01 AM, Tosmasta00 said:

@TheVader66

Congrats and o.o so many lev 100+ ships

Thank you everyone for the kind words. To answer some of the questions:

1. Yeah North Carolina is such a Cinnamon Roll because she is sweet but insecure of herself, that King George the V had to relax her in her side story.
  2. I been playing Azur Lane since Day 1 and I actually tried to join the closed beta back when the game was being tested for the west but I failed to get the invite. I actually spent money in the first two hours because you were able to get Saratoga as bonus ship if you bought something from the store which I bought the dollar gems. Normally I don't use money until like a year in but I had a dollar in the Google Wallet.
  3. I got the ships to lvl 100 mostly just by using them as normal while having them in the dorm and using the curry to raise the amount exp they get in the dorm. I never use the class sessions since I feel that dorms gives more exp depending on the type of food you give. Also if you want a specific ship to get exp faster, put her with weaker ships and grind a high level mission with that team and if done correctly that specific ship will always get VIP which gives an exp bonus and bond bonus as well.

8 hours ago, Revvie said:

10 Medals or just keep her. Remember that you can't use two of the same ship.

Anyways, Episode 2 of the anime is up.

Reveal hidden contents

hlkfStB.png

RIP Sandy. You will always be numbah wan in our heart.

xcRXBl0.pngEAAcplh.png

:laffeydrink:

bJ8jQBB.png

Reveal hidden contents

QKB3Lxw.png

oJudWXo.png

F

fbwF2vA.png

Ara. Everyone's favorite German CA finally appear.

HcDtwzZ.png

Nimi finally appears. It's now my favorite anime of this season.

T44UyTi.png

CMoKU9A.jpg

Anime: White

In-game: Black

oLTRjho.png

The best ghost appears.

tEfOclt.png

@TheVader66 That smile though.

UCm1KL3.png

She's ready for a Hammbite.

tZngiYu.png

One of the best onee-chan appears.

D8VXSxh.png

Her Majesty is being badass.

UIYg4jj.png

4xd8325.png

As yes. Out of all the starters, Nimi is the most sane one.

ESbuvol.png

Owari Da! The holy words of Jesusprise. She finally said it.

EsRTKnF.png

Now I'm more excited.

Seeing Hornet smile is such a great thing to see. I hope they make a figure of her one day, like a figure set of all the Yorktown sisters (Yorktown, Enterprise and Hornet)

Anyways, I am loving all the references the Azur Lane anime is making. In a surprise twist, they actually reference the film Pearl Harbor by recreating multiple scenes from the movie.

Hopefully you guys can see the image in the spoiler since I usually mess up with spoilers.

Spoiler

Mh7yFyj.jpg

• Like 1