Azur Lane

Artemisthemp

4 minutes ago, Revvie said:

Of course. Radar Scan is one of the best in the game. Here's here the level 10 skill.

tf6HC52.jpg

It's a proc skill. You still need to activate it. 60% still a pretty good chance of her proccing her skill.

vAWlcSO.jpg

So the enemy on screen is that Tracker Siren and the Radar Scan proc. See that circle. The Radar Scan applies to the Tracker so you'll get +40% damage increase for 10 secs to that Tracker. So imagine like Enty's Lucky E or a BB's barrage with +40% damage increase.

V5k6GHz.jpg

Onscreen enemies only during the Radar Scan's proc. That ship appears a few seconds after the Radar Scan proc so it didn't applied to it. So her skill takes some luck and timing to get a huge damage potential.

Idk if that explains it and yeah, Helena is awesome.

Ima level her up for the next major event. And see how it goes ?

If you mentioned this before, forgive me ignorant bliss ?

• Like 1

*Warning - may  contain noob opinions* ?

I'm actually liking the Hololive event! It's taught me so much and I got @Revvie's hot take on Helena. i am levellng her up right now!

I'm also starting to get a decent fleet 2 - based around Unicorn who I'm using as she has good healing!

i can nail T6 so I'm feeling pretty good - but SP is getting to me. I am training hard to get my team better so I can beat it. It's all down to keeping Montpelier alive so we can do her anti sub stuff.

(also got all the ships for this event, so that feels pretty good. Missed Trento in Tragicomdedy, garlic shark and another in Chessboard.

Here's to me learning more

tenor.gif?itemid=15330162 

• Like 2

Just to drive home Revvie's point, Radar Scan has excellent synergy with Lucky E.  Obviously, there is some RNG involved, but    40% damage increase from Helena plus a double damage airstrike from Enterprise is going to delete pretty much anything prior to World 11.

Bring along Essex too if you really want to make your enemy choke on pipping hot freedom.

• Like 1

And now I got a Hololive ships!

P2OzhU2.jpg

Btw, she has a AL song a week ago if anyone's interested.

iFlIpLg.jpg

b0dnSyh.jpgloli

JL8lrn4.jpg

She's cute

xqEZd0r.jpg

But I like this better. :awesome:

Crap I haven't even finished the PR1 ships. I might have to skip my last PR1 ship. :ninja:

• Like 4

Good morning all,

Nya~!

azTYMXt.jpg

Akashi is mine!

Please advise on how to user healing ships. For example, if I put Akashi into main fleet, that leaves, her, Littiorio and Enty, I'll lose a battle cruiser!

Also, does she only have spanners and no hands!?!?!?!

Edited by AndyKazama
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, AndyKazama said:

Please advise on how to user healing ships. For example, if I put Akashi into main fleet, that leaves, her, Littiorio and Enty, I'll lose a battle cruiser!

Well if you are keep getting destroyed in a stage, sure you can use Akashi but remember that there's alternative healers.

I think these 3 are the only healers that can heal both Main and Vanguard fleet.

IJN Akashi

533px-AkashiEvent.png

Akashi is 1 of 2 repair ships. She heals the entire fleet 3% of her max HP every 35 seconds. Repair ships also give you 3 Emergency Repair instead of 1. The biggest drawback of repair ships is that they cannot attack ships, only planes.

USS Vestal

558px-VestalSummer.png

Vestal is the other repair ship. She can only heal 20%(50% when it's Enterprise) to any ship who's below 20% health once per battle.

HMS Little Bel(event ship)

600px-Little_Bel.png

When the battle begins, recovers HP of entire fleet 3.5% of Little Bel's max HP. Her other skill is increase own speed by 8 and evasion by 25%. She's alright but her adult version is much better to me.

These next one's only heals Vanguard fleet.

HMS Unicorn and IJN Shouhou(retrofit)

600px-UnicornCasual.png600px-ShouhouKai.png

These 2 is what I believe the best ships that can heal and attack. These 2 are almost similar with some difference:

Similarities:

-Both are light carriers

-Both have the 1st skill that will heal the Vanguard fleet of 8% of their max HP on every airstrike.

-Both are cute.

Difference:

Unicorn:

-Her 2nd skill will get the Vanguard fleet a 15% passive reload increase.

-Her planes and Fighters and Torpedo Bombers where she's good at attacking planes.

Shouhou(retrofit):

-Her 2nd skill, the CV/CVL will increase air power by 15% for 8 seconds on every airstrike.

-Her planes and Dive Bombers and Torpedo Bombers where she's good at attacking ships.

-She's 1 oil less than Unicorn.

There's also some difference in their stats but overall very good healers.

HMS Illustrious

600px-IllustriousTea_Party.png

Not technically a healer but I like to mention her skill. The Vanguard will get a shield of 10% of her max HP for 5 secs on every airstrike. She's good at destroying planes but not that good at ships. My biggest problem to her is her HP. Sure she may have Heavy armor but her HP is not very impressive.

USS Arizona

600px-Arizona.png

Unreliable healer. When firing main gun, 50% chance to heal the Vanguard Fleet for 10% of their max Health. So yeah her healing skill is rng based. She's a pretty decent BB though.

There might be other healers I'm missing out there but that pretty much I known.

1 hour ago, AndyKazama said:

Also, does she only have spanners and no hands!?!?!?!

Have you watched the anime?

Spoiler

MQxJ8Jj.png

• Like 2

@Revvie many thanks! I will give a read when I'm ready to go at 9-1 again :|

So I use Unicorn in my second fleet. Is she worth replacing Enty, or should she replace Nelson or Littorio (mostly want to keep Littorio find her barrage useful)

I have seen the anime, I wasn't looking at Akashi is all ;)

Edited by AndyKazama

15 minutes ago, AndyKazama said:

So I use Unicorn in my second fleet. Is she worth replacing Enty, or should she replace Nelson or Littorio (mostly want to keep Littorio find her barrage useful)

Well that's your choose. Unicorn can health your Vanguard while providing good damages or Enty just obliterates enemies. Do keep in mind that Lucky E is rng based skill(70% chance) while Unicorn's heal skill is 100% guaranteed on every airstrike. Plus Unicorn is a little cheaper when it comes to oil than Enty. Also you keep talking about the Main fleet. How about your Vanguard? The ships that you can move around and takes the most damages.

4 minutes ago, Revvie said:

Well that's your choose. Unicorn can health your Vanguard while providing good damages or Enty just obliterates enemies. Do keep in mind that Lucky E is rng based skill(70% chance) while Unicorn's heal skill is 100% guaranteed on every airstrike. Plus Unicorn is a little cheaper when it comes to oil than Enty. Also you keep talking about the Main fleet. How about your Vanguard? The ships that you can move around and takes the most damages.

I'll get back to you on that. One of them is under levelled and needs better equipment. Laffey Retrofit is a concern however, any position I put her in, she dies too easily. 

Akashi's main strength is that she can heal the main fleet; however, she drops your damage output drastically since she has no offensive weapons.  The tactics are composition mainly depend on what you are facing.  You don't need Akashi if your main fleet isn't taking damage.  Unicorn/Shouhou and liberal use of health kits should be enough for the vanguard most of the time.  

In later stages mob fleets need survival and endurance.  The classic formation of Tirpitz, Unicorn/Shouhou, Akashi, Ping, Ning, Yat is basically unsinkable even on 12-4.  It takes then forever to kill anything, but they'll grind down anything eventually, even without ammo.   

Since late game bosses have insane health and equally insane damage output boss fleets can (often) forgo healing and focus everything on trying to burn down the boss. 

• Like 1

Haha.

nJ85Gil.jpg

I'm in danger.

Well I definitely not gonna get my last PR1 ship once PR2 comes out. Shame.

Also thanks to all that grind, I finished that Minecraft workbench.

5jUGJR0.jpg

A few missing letters but it plays a voiced version of the cutscene you get after getting this but why didn't they just fully voiced that cutscene?

Spoiler

F9zExAA.jpg

R7t8erk.jpg

2WJ85iU.jpg

zYQ9M9Q.jpg

re36WLg.jpg

MOKiX0M.jpg

6jHQWQa.jpg

fQ2ocM8.jpg

vKjMFhK.jpg

• Like 3

I haven't seen the latest ep, but I do scan across in my phone to make wallpapers. 

I predicted in my head that Sakura may turn good and Iron Blood continue to work with the Sirens. 

Does this prove? I'll need to watch...

wlz8tVjr.jpg

I haven't seen the latest ep, but I do scan across in my phone to make wallpapers. 

Edit: some of you may see double post. So please refresh. My WiFi messed up. ?

Edited by AndyKazama
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Artemisthemp said:

Is that Hololive the 24k TNT thingy?

That's only one of the achievements(or whatever it's called. I already forgot) on the Minecraft workbench. It's the longest one to finish.

On 12/7/2019 at 9:26 PM, Revvie said:

Also thanks to all that grind, I finished that Minecraft workbench.

5jUGJR0.jpg

A few missing letters but it plays a voiced version of the cutscene you get after getting this but why didn't they just fully voiced that cutscene?

Reveal hidden contents

F9zExAA.jpg

R7t8erk.jpg

2WJ85iU.jpg

zYQ9M9Q.jpg

re36WLg.jpg

MOKiX0M.jpg

6jHQWQa.jpg

fQ2ocM8.jpg

vKjMFhK.jpg

This is what you get when you complete the Minecraft workbench.

• Like 2

Ships and Retrofits i got from the current event:

J9SoaDX.jpg

My first UR ship.

TlJvnUg.jpg

My least liked Hololive member imo

9LGssTW.jpg

Has quite the funny dorm animations

eRgODQ4.jpg

zianybz.jpg

Was part of my joke fleet to clear early event stages while costing next to no oil

ST8sEtV.jpg

My Teacher Can't be this cute :awesome::awesome: just guessing but her Retrofit is a different artist?

zOkctaB.jpg

Can't help but think of Kizuna AI when i see her.

JwPJp5B.jpg

dhHtsZL.jpg

5ZbHIde.jpg

Guess i'll die

TeByYKq.jpg

Got her on the last day of the event

Outfits/Skins that i got:

RM81RIH.jpg

I sure do love that outfit of hers.

vg47Cse.jpg

The chest part makes this otherwise great outfit kinda less great.

• Like 2

I am giving @Tosmasta00 's format a break this time. I have got so much as newish player, not worth my time (would take too long). I'll post an imgur dump in due course.

This post is to address recent news. Some leaks happened in the app today - imo they need to beta test better, most fans are willing to wait. However, we also got more news on PR2 aka the Azumo-is-new-waifu update, and Polaris.

79272960_1039805936383865_71487778192736

Hopefully all events will be synched across all servers soon so we can play with JPN and CHN players.

• Like 1

This update covers end of Divergent Chessboard until now (Operation Christmas) - full gallery for this period - https://imgur.com/a/LZBpAJv

A Roon tale

Spoiler

When I started Azur Lane there was one ship I always wanted: Takao. So where to move onto from there? Roon. The first priority ship I want but somehow went for Saint Louis first.

Anyway, got the costume in the sale

equ9pUZ.jpg

Eventually after what feels to be the longest grind (it took 2 events to get her) - finally get Roon

o5rw74o.jpg

She looks great

JuRWAS1.jpg

Must protecc

Hololive - got everyone

Event skins

Spoiler

Got em both

QTggbeP.jpg

JGd3OCw.png

Current stats

- Level 81

- Collection at 48.6%

- Attacks 8542

- Exercises 632

Character of the month - Helena

Spoiler

Helena.png

Big thank you for @Revvie for pointing her out. She makes farming 8-4 less tedious.

Next goals

- definitely not current PR ships. Would be looking at getting a PR2 ship next

- getting Sakura Empire up to 900 tech points so when PR2 comes I get can get Azuma

- figuring out how I'm going to manage 9-1 onwards

• Like 2