Azur Lane

Artemisthemp

5 minutes ago, Hanzoadam said:

Drew these today, Not sure if they are work investing into?

DN8Q9vz.jpg

J0KoYGV.jpg

To be honest I'm not sure which units are good or not.

May need some help ¬_¬

Centaur is a pretty good ship to get since her first skill has a chance of of lowering enemies speed by 40% for 6 seconds so but the issue is that it may activate only if they are hit by her planes. She also has a 2nd skill that boosts other Aircraft Carriers. This is why she is best used when she is alongside Ark Royal and Formidable who all have skills also about reducing enemy speed and are all Aircraft Carriers. 

Jean Bart honestly is just great in damage dealing especially when you get her specific gun the Quadruple 380mm Main Gun which you can get from the event shop. Though she doesn't boost any other ship though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

Centaur is a pretty good ship to get since her first skill has a chance of of lowering enemies speed by 40% for 6 seconds so but the issue is that it may activate only if they are hit by her planes. She also has a 2nd skill that boosts other Aircraft Carriers. This is why she is best used when she is alongside Ark Royal and Formidable who all have skills also about reducing enemy speed and are all Aircraft Carriers. 

Jean Bart honestly is just great in damage dealing especially when you get her specific gun the Quadruple 380mm Main Gun which you can get from the event shop. Though she doesn't boost any other ship though.

Thanks for that I appreciate it, I'll look into Centaur,

To be honest I'm still trying to learn the game again, and no idea what is good.

If its cool could I post my fleets and units and see if making some serious mistakes and or have better units I'm a little lost with it

Appreciate all help, really trying to get back into it

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hanzoadam said:

To be honest I'm still trying to learn the game again, and no idea what is good.

If its cool could I post my fleets and units and see if making some serious mistakes and or have better units I'm a little lost with it

You're welcome, ask if you need any more help with setting up fleets.

I just wanted to go into more detail about Centaur/Formidable/Ark Royal fleet combination. Since all three are Aircraft carriers and are lacking guns, there are weak to Suicide Bomber Boats when their skills are inactive. So it is best to have ships that have high rate of fire to destroy the boats in time. Also you need to destroy Battleships as fast as possible since their volleys can rip the Aircraft Carriers apart and set them on fire. Due Centaur/Formidable/Ark Royal all have skills that slow down the enemies's speed, ships like Destroyers can benefit from their skills since the enemy can't dodge their torpedoes as much. Another combination to use is instead of having Formidable since she is an event ship only at the moment, you can have Queen Elizabeth in the middle who not only can destroy the bomb boats herself but she can also take hits and boost all British ships stats, so you can boost their Centaur and Ark Royal's Air strikes and boost the Firepower and Reload time of Cruisers and Destroyers if they are British. 

I am still working out on my Fleet, right now I am using a Russian Vanguard of Tashkent, Avrora and Grozny but I think I might replace them with my Japanese Destroyer Vanguard of Yukikaze, Yuudachi and Ayanami.

F87PPOy.jpg

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

You're welcome, ask if you need any more help with setting up fleets.

I just wanted to go into more detail about Centaur/Formidable/Ark Royal fleet combination. Since all three are Aircraft carriers and are lacking guns, there are weak to Suicide Bomber Boats when their skills are inactive. So it is best to have ships that have high rate of fire to destroy the boats in time. Also you need to destroy Battleships as fast as possible since their volleys can rip the Aircraft Carriers apart and set them on fire. Due Centaur/Formidable/Ark Royal all have skills that slow down the enemies's speed, ships like Destroyers can benefit from their skills since the enemy can't dodge their torpedoes as much. Another combination to use is instead of having Formidable since she is an event ship only at the moment, you can have Queen Elizabeth in the middle who not only can destroy the bomb boats herself but she can also take hits and boost all British ships stats, so you can boost their Centaur and Ark Royal's Air strikes and boost the Firepower and Reload time of Cruisers and Destroyers if they are British. 

I am still working out on my Fleet, right now I am using a Russian Vanguard of Tashkent, Avrora and Grozny but I think I might replace them with my Japanese Destroyer Vanguard of Yukikaze, Yuudachi and Ayanami.

F87PPOy.jpg

That's cool I'm no where near that level ¬_¬

and thank you I will send them over my fleets and my other units 

These are my Fleets, I'm only at the point of using 2, not sure if that increases in the future.

k2fVUtR.jpg

S9jMvvl.jpg

And these are my units

CmNQS7C.jpg

HOkx4Wu.jpg

To be honest I'm only really using the ones I liked the look of 

All help is appreciated

40 minutes ago, Hanzoadam said:

That's cool I'm no where near that level ¬_¬

and thank you I will send them over my fleets and my other units 

Oh they don't need to be that high of a level. They don't even need to be that exact ships. Using ships like Cygnet are good to use as well or Cruiser with Torpedoes like Leander is good enough. 

Either way, it is more of suggestion than requirements. I am not using some ships that are Meta like Kawakaze or Hiryuu.

30 minutes ago, Hanzoadam said:

These are my Fleets, I'm only at the point of using 2, not sure if that increases in the future.

k2fVUtR.jpg

S9jMvvl.jpg

And these are my units

CmNQS7C.jpg

HOkx4Wu.jpg

To be honest I'm only really using the ones I liked the look of 

All help is appreciated

You have some ships that can compliment other ships for example Sirius has a skill that can boost Aircraft Carriers power while at the same time Sirius getting a boost from each Aircraft Carrier in the fleet. Also you have Prince of Wales who gets boost in her Firepower, Reload, Evasion, and Anti-Air by 1% or 5% if maxed for every Eagle Union (American) ship in the fleet. Maybe you can have two Aircraft Carriers like Enterprise and Yorktown with Prince of Wales leading the fleet she will gain a boost from both of those ships since they are American. You can also have Sirius in the front who will boost Enterprise and Yorktown airpower while she herself gets a boost from them due to Sirius first skill. You can either put more more American ships in the front to boost Prince of Wales even more like Helena who has one of the most powerful debuffs in the game where the enemy takes more damage from your ships. She is also getting a retrofit pretty soon.

Also did you made sure Atago is using a High Explosive type of gun because I don't want you to make the same mistake I did in the beginning where I gave Belfast a Armor Piercing gun which caused her Burn skill (which Atago also has) to not activate.

Anyways, I would like to give you some more information on what ships are good for certain fleets but I have to go now. Hopefully, @Revvie or @Tosmasta00 or @AndyKazama can give you more help. I apologize for my exit.

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hanzoadam said:

I'm no expert but I can also help you out. Btw, are you playing for the waifus? Playing the game seriously? Or both?

I've been using Centaur and Jean Bart a lot so here's what I think of them:

Centaur

Spoiler

925px-Centaur.png

She's not only she's a pretty good ship but also one of the best CVL(Light Carriers) in the game:

Pros:

+A very high stats for a CVL and probably better than most CV(Aircarft Carriers)

+Has a passive damage boost to BB(Battleships)

+Her additional Torpedo Bomber barrage is strong and also slows down ships that got hit in the barrage for 6 seconds

+Has a very good support skill that can boost the damage of your Main Fleet, Firepower and Air Power even time you make her launch her airstrike

+Queen Elizabeth gainz

+Underboobs

Cons:

Honestly, Idk yet?

Jean Bart

Spoiler

973px-Jean_Bart.png

For me, she's pretty fun to use.

Pros:

+One punch, at least in my case

+Delinquent looking and how she speak but her Love line is one of my favs

Cons:

+Must be equipped with Quadruple 380mm (Mle 1935), the BB gun on the exchange shop

+Her one punch is RNG-based, must be a Lvl. 10 red skill and only on her first attack or salvo

+Terrible AA

47 minutes ago, Hanzoadam said:

k2fVUtR.jpg

S9jMvvl.jpg

It's good but can your oil handle it? SSR uses more oil.

I have 4 problems in my opinion:

Fleet 1: The left most of your vanguard takes the most damage, aka that's Bremerton and she's a glass cannon. Switch her the Prinz Eugen, a tank. The one in the middle takes the least damage.

Fleet 2: There's no Destroyers, Tirpitz and Sirius. The more Destroyers means less likely to get ambushed(Story Mode) and more move tiles(Events) but they have least HP and relies on Torps on there damage so it's best to balance it out. More on Tirpitz and Sirius below.

And I'll just give my quick opinion on your ships in your fleets:

Fleet 1:

Kaga(BB): Never used her but I heard she's a good BB but not Top Tier. Best paired with Akagi

Hood: Her Barrage absolutely melts enemies with the added increase reload on your Main Fleet in every barrage

Intrepid: Never used her but only heard she's a good CV but not Top Tier

Bremerton: Awesome gunboat but a glass cannon

Prinz Eugen: Pure Tank, below average when attacking

Z46: Never used her, very good ship but again not Top Tier

Fleet 2:

Warspite: Good but not that good but when she gets retrofitted, absolute beast when dealing damage at a single target

Tosa: Never used her, very good ship but again not Top Tier?

Tirpitz: It's very best to pair her with Bismarck, If you don't have Bismarck, make her in the middle. Her damage is not that good when she's not in the middle

Takao: Solid CA(Heavy Cruiser)

Sirius: She buffs CV and CVL and also the more CV and/or CVL on your fleet, the more powerful Sirius will be

Atago: Another solid CA but it's very best to equip her guns that has HE ammo

This are all my opinions and feel free to ask more help.

Edited by Revvie
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

Oh they don't need to be that high of a level. They don't even need to be that exact ships. Using ships like Cygnet are good to use as well or Cruiser with Torpedoes like Leander is good enough. 

Either way, it is more of suggestion than requirements. I am not using some ships that are Meta like Kawakaze or Hiryuu.

You have some ships that can compliment other ships for example Sirius has a skill that can boost Aircraft Carriers power while at the same time Sirius getting a boost from each Aircraft Carrier in the fleet. Also you have Prince of Wales who gets boost in her Firepower, Reload, Evasion, and Anti-Air by 1% or 5% if maxed for every Eagle Union (American) ship in the fleet. Maybe you can have two Aircraft Carriers like Enterprise and Yorktown with Prince of Wales leading the fleet she will gain a boost from both of those ships since they are American. You can also have Sirius in the front who will boost Enterprise and Yorktown airpower while she herself gets a boost from them due to Sirius first skill. You can either put more more American ships in the front to boost Prince of Wales even more like Helena who has one of the most powerful debuffs in the game where the enemy takes more damage from your ships. She is also getting a retrofit pretty soon.

Also did you made sure Atago is using a High Explosive type of gun because I don't want you to make the same mistake I did in the beginning where I gave Belfast a Armor Piercing gun which caused her Burn skill (which Atago also has) to not activate.

Anyways, I would like to give you some more information on what ships are good for certain fleets but I have to go now. Hopefully, @Revvie or @Tosmasta00 or @AndyKazama can give you more help. I apologize for my exit.

No that is brilliant it helps a lot I will have a look into the points youve made

Thank you

12 minutes ago, Revvie said:

I'm no expert but I can also help you out. Btw, are you playing for the waifus? Playing the game seriously? Or both?

I've been using Centaur and Jean Bart a lot so here's what I think of them:

Centaur

Reveal hidden contents

925px-Centaur.png

She's not only she's a pretty good ship but also one of the best CVL(Light Carriers) in the game:

Pros:

+A very high stats for a CVL and probably better than most CV(Aircarft Carriers)

+Has a passive damage boost to BB(Battleships)

+Her additional Torpedo Bomber barrage is strong and also slows down ships that got hit in the barrage for 6 seconds

+Has a very good support skill that can boost the damage of your Main Fleet, Firepower and Air Power even time you make her launch her airstrike

+Queen Elizabeth gainz

+Underboobs

Cons:

Honestly, Idk yet?

Jean Bart

Reveal hidden contents

973px-Jean_Bart.png

For me, she's pretty fun to use.

Pros:

+One punch, at least in my case

+Delinquent looking and how she speak but her Love line is one of my favs

Cons:

+Must be equipped with Quadruple 380mm (Mle 1935), the BB gun on the exchange shop

+Her one punch is RNG-based, must be a Lvl. 10 red skill and only on her first attack or salvo

+Terrible AA

It's good but can your oil handle it? SSR uses more oil.

I have 4 problems in my opinion:

Fleet 1: The left most of your vanguard takes the most damage, aka that's Bremerton and she's a glass cannon. Switch her the Prinz Eugen, a tank. The one in the middle takes the least damage.

Fleet 2: There's no Destroyers, Tirpitz and Sirius. The more Destroyers means less likely to get ambushed(Story Mode) and more move tiles(Events) but they have least HP and relies on Torps on there damage so it's best to balance it out. More on Tirpitz and Sirius below.

And I'll just give my quick opinion on your ships in your fleets:

Fleet 1:

Kaga(BB): Never used her but I heard she's a good BB but not Top Tier. Best paired with Akagi

Hood: Her Barrage absolutely melts enemies with the added increase reload on your Main Fleet in every barrage

Intrepid: Never used her but only heard she's a good CV but not Top Tier

Bremerton: Awesome gunboat but a glass cannon

Prinz Eugen: Pure Tank, below average when attacking

Z46: Never used her, very good ship but again not Top Tier

Fleet 2:

Warspite: Good but not that good but when she gets retrofitted, absolute beast when dealing damage at a single target

Tosa: Never used her, very good ship but again not Top Tier?

Tirpitz: It's very best to pair her with Bismarck, If you don't have Bismarck, make her in the middle. Her damage is not that good when she's not in the middle

Takao: Solid CA(Heavy Cruiser)

Sirius: She buffs CV and CVL and also the more CV and/or CVL on your fleet, the more powerful Sirius will be

Atago: Another solid CA but it's very best to equip her guns that has HE ammo

This are all my opinions and feel free to ask more help.

Thanks really appreciate the feed back

• Like 1

Finally found a way to upload pictures from my Azur Lane Phone(it's mostly used for Azur Lane) to my PC.

205bae3343c7ef1db620cc849a814db915901499

Got her as drop while playing the Iris of Light and Dark event. Now I have both the White and Black nekos

8448c13330a2f17e84e3f4f8df1ed46715901499

The new 15 days exchange ship(good thing I had a lot of medals saved)

2ea18d3bcdd8cd79331541e70a1bd49915901499

One of today's exchange ships so now the Little Beavers is assembled

• Like 3

Hey, uh, probably not the best for advise giving lol. 

I tend to use ships that achieve a goal, eg. Using eagle union vanguard to get Seattle rn. 

Maybe once I've got all PRs I'll focus on meta haha

But I can say Ryouhou is a great ship. 

• Like 1

I see i have been tagged.

As for low oil fleet.i do have one joke fleet which consists of Mutsuki Retrofit and 1 other ship. Since both are high level that's pretty much all there is to it.

As for great ships all i know is.

Bismarck is great. Especially  if you have the item for her that negates the effect of having 0 ammo by a lot.

Normally i have her and Tirpitz in my german fleet back row.

For JP fleet one of the best ships i'd say there is Nagato since she does buff all the ships.

While i do love using Takao she does have the downside of having not that much HP so she's better for shorter fights.

Noshiro however i mainly heared is a great to use ship.

For Royal Navy the best ship from what i read is Warspite when you retrofit her. (However her retrofit does require a special item which will get a rerun who knows when.)

For Sandy her retrofit item will have a rerun kinda soon so be sure to grab it.

Some other ship that's pretty useful for low oil costs is Z1 (if you can retrofit her). Since she does have a skill that does buff other Z ships most use her in combination with either z23 or z46.

The advantage of retrofitting is that ships do get a power boost and in some cases an extra skill while not costing more oil. (Which can be a great one in some cases.)

Mind you this is mainly stuff i read people talk about since i don't quite play AL that seriously i play it a bit more casually i'd say. Sure here and there i do ask about fleet compositions or what weapons would be best to use.

Edited by Tosmasta00
  • Like 2

EY6l7X-UEAAgZop?format=jpg&name=large

EY7A7kvU8AAtfao?format=jpg&name=large

EY7dvjNUEAAKlZ1?format=jpg&name=large

EY6SciXUwAAzpdE?format=jpg&name=large

EY_kPpRUMAEzxoH?format=jpg&name=large

EZAPv6LWkAA3giq?format=jpg&name=large

[Vessel introduction] Aircraft carrier HMS Little Illustrious "Love and peace in this sea, the holy light to you-commander! ♪ " Chinese delivery version Children's Day Memorial Ship, It can be obtained as a reward for a mini event held after the next maintenance!

EY3N98OUwAA1M6t?format=jpg&name=medium

SOURCE: https://twitter.com/azurlane_staff/status/1264893653153021952

Edited by MossyOakRcn42
  • Like 1

@Tosmasta00 @Leon Castle @AndyKazama @Revvie @TheVader66 @Hanzoadam

May 28th Azur Lane Server Maintenance Summary (for the Chinese, Japanese, and English Servers):

pbv3yw5h2f151.png

BACKUP LINK (if image above fails to show): https://i.imgur.com/Sx89kJm.png

s6YWlOw.jpg

756vgwdxyf151.jpg

Various Swimsuit/Revealing Skins Being Removed From The Chinese (CN) Azur Lane Servers:

izrp2ez0i8151.png

Edited by MossyOakRcn42
  • Like 4

@Tosmasta00@TheVader66@Leon Castle@Hanzoadam@AndyKazama@Revvie

HMS Eskimo revealed (for the Chinese Azur Lane servers):

y80na267pu151.jpg

New oath skins inbound! (credit to the Azur Lane Japanese and English Twitter Pages):

[Add dress-up] "Oh, this dreamy and beautiful variation-our movement hopes that the investigation will last forever. Dear Boya." KMS Friedrich der Große's Kekkon costume "Yurikago's Ceremony" is coming soon!

EZPfdI1UMAAEHfH?format=jpg&name=medium

EZPl3mwUEAETnph?format=jpg&name=large

[Add dress-up] "With the power of commander's love, San Diego will surely become No.1 in the home port! ... No.1? USS San Diego's Keckon Costume "June Bride No.1!" Coming soon with additional voice specifications!

EZLnflTUcAIu8o8?format=jpg&name=large

[Add dress-up] "The commander, Quincy's guy, why were you happy to see this look? It's hard to move, and the decorations are flickering so I can't hunt calmly. Even though it's for the commander, is this really okay?" USS Minneapolis and her kekkon costume "Trapper White" Coming soon with additional voice specifications!

EZLpx4BVcAETs8n?format=jpg&name=large

EZGjvlBUEAAKbGS?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by MossyOakRcn42
  • Like 3

HMS Eskimo is looking cute.

That Mama Fried outfit just o.o. Atm i'm at 69% on the second exp bar to get her.

19 hours ago, AndyKazama said:

More Takao skins needed. Takao is life. 

Well said my fellow Takao fan.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tosmasta00 said:

HMS Eskimo is looking cute.

That Mama Fried outfit just o.o. Atm i'm at 69% on the second exp bar to get her.

Well said my fellow Takao fan.

She should be here in a month or two when that figure finally releases. ?

• Like 2

giphy.gif

[Add dress-up] "This is ... an important costume for an important ceremony ... Yeah! Both the unicorn and Yu-chan are ready! Onii-chan ... Like this ... Is that okay?" HMS Unicorn's Kekkon costume, "Oath of a pure white dream," coming soon!

EZZSNrEUYAAd5F6?format=jpg&name=medium

My unfortunate wallet (after seeing all of the recent skin reveals and the upcoming Oath skins for San Diego, Minneapolis, and Unicorn):

tenor.gif

NOTE: After 13 months of playing Azur Lane as a free-to-play shikikan, I finally bit the bullet and ended up purchasing the new Littorio dress skin along with a bunch of gems and a few oath rings from that darn Akashi. Ended up putting rings on Hood, Belfast, and Warspite (all three were at 100 Affinity) with the three oath rings I purchased. Now planning out a small budget that I can tap into every few months to purchase gems for new skins (or the occasional order of Wisdom Cubes). Don't plan on oathing any more ships until July at the earliest.

• Like 1