What do you guys recommend ps vita or nintendo switch?

RedDead3001

You're going to get a majority vote for vita here, because it's a website specifically about PlayStation, not the best place to ask. If you asked a Nintendo forum about the switch, they'd also go with that. Just get what you're in the mood for, or why not both? You have time to save up :D

• Like 1

It depends on what games you like and if you want to play with your friends. For the long run, a Switch is the best bet since it will be getting more titles for the next few years while it's likely the Vita will stop getting games at some point well before the Switch. I don't have a Switch but I love my Vita so tough call for me. Getting both is the ideal option

Edited by Zofia

Switch. I don't even own one, but it has a much bigger variety of games then the vita. (TBH, most vita games are available on the PS4 anyway). It also has great local coop that you aren't going to get anywhere else and Nintendo exclusives that you aren't going to get on Playstation. If there's vita games that you think are must haves, then I would recommend possibly a PSTV and a Switch.

If you've already tried and ultimately got rid of a Vita then I don't think you need to buy another one. Its situation hasn't changed since then and is never going to.

Whereas the Switch is relatively new and is going to be supported with new games and updates for years to come.

From the looks of it, you haven't played any of the good/great games on Vita (playing ZTD for 5 mins doesn't really count), so it's absolutely worth getting another one. Vita has the advantage of being out for much longer, and thus, having a larger library of games. Also, it has trophies. It's a no-brainer for me.

Edited by Undead Wolf

I appreciate all of you feedback guys thank you.

1 minute ago, Undead Wolf said:

From the looks of it, you haven't played any of the good/great games on Vita (playing ZTD for 5 mins doesn't really count), so it's absolutely worth getting another one. Vita has the advantage of being out for much longer and having a larger library of games. Also, it has trophies. It's a no-brainer for me.

That absolutely makes sense that was exactly what I was thinking.

7 minutes ago, RedDead3001 said:

I'm with you lol thx

Switch, at least to me, just has one great game (xenoblade) the rest... I'm not a nintendo fan to buy a Mario game or animal crossing, if you want play the last Zelda you can buy a Wii U and the game looks nices on it. in other hand with vita you can get trophies and play amazing games and visual novels, also keep in mind vita is a system to play japanese games, if you enjoy play jrpg or visual novels, vita is your best bet and friend.

• Like 1

I'd get a switch IMO. At least it still gets support and indie devs are flocking towards it, so if the Vita gets a new game, at least it's normally on the switch as well.

I'm also a huge smash Bros, Mario, and LoZ fan. Smash Bros alone is enough reason for me to choose a switch over the Vita.

May I ask why you sold your Vita in the first place? The answer could help to decide whether it makes sense to get another Vita or if you should get a Switch instead. 

Personally I would say that buying another Vita is only worthwile if you are somehow interested in playing smaller indie games or any japanese games like JRPGs, Visual Novels, rhythm games, or the occasional hack 'n' slash (whether it's a game by Vanillaware, any Warriors-game or something like Senran Kagura). The Switch on the other hand will also give you the possibilty to play Nintendo-exclusives on top as it will more or less be the successor to the Vita as most japanese and indie devs ditch the Vita in favor of a newer, more powerful handheld. 

This may sound stupid coming from a person that currently hosts a Vita-only event on this site but I would suggest to get a Switch nowadays. 

Edited by Crimson Idol

I got a Vita myself a couple months back. I'm a bit past my Zelda days and Metroid Prime 4 doesn't even have a date yet, I think. It's getting a Senran Kagura pinball game, though.

Of course the primary reason I got one is trophy supported games, but also that the games are getting rare and expensive with support getting cut, so the time to play is now. This is not the case for Switch for a long time and I'm not sure when I'm ready to play games without achievements again. At least, it makes average games a lot more playable when looking past a system's first line-up.

You should get a switch. If you even have to ask then you aren't a serious trophy hunter. For me personally, I would buy a switch for the party games or for my kid. I wouldn't be able to game hard on it because the thought of not getting trophies would bug me too much.

Also, they have announce that Vita and PS3 will be dead soon anyway. March 2019

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/28/17062548/playstation-plus-ps3-vita-games-2019

Pretty much what ^ he said.

The switch is a fine console for SWITCH exclusives. Nintendo games. Any other worthwhile game can be bought on ps4 (RPGs and stuff). Im basically using my switch for pure exclusives.

If you want the new Smash get switch otherwise Id say Vita. I have both and got both recently (few months apart) and love my vita WAY more

I like the Vita, but my opinion is swayed by my desire for trophy hunting and overall loyalty to Sony.

I would recommend the Switch if you like Nintendo games Mario, Zelda etc. and don't care about trophies. The best way to decide is via the game line up imo. Make a list of your most wanted games for each console including new releases and yet to be released games and go from there.

For me, the Vita was the obvious choice as I love JRPGs and otome/vn games, and the vita has tons of those while the Switch has hardly any games that I like (I'm not into Nintendo's games like Pokemon, Zelda, Mario etc. and am much more into FF, Tales, Disgaea, Atelier, Persona... all on Vita and other Sony consoles). Harvest Moon was the only nintendo game I liked.

The online system of Nintendo is inferior to that of PSN, but the Switch does have a lot of light hearted games like as well as some really good games like Disgaea 5, The Elder Scrolls vs Skyrim, Xenoblade Chronicles, Ookami hd etc. with downside being lack of trophies to cater for the many Trophy Hunters on this site.

Vita, but that's my biased opinion ? If you like Nintendo exclusives then go for it. The Switch will have more games in the long run. As for the Vita, you have stuff that's already out. Games are rarely being released on the Vita now and if they are they have a PS4 version as well.