Patch coming next week!

aZombieDictator

Patch should be live now, at least on PS4

Here are the notes:

• Fixed multiple issues leading to PS4 save data corruption.

• Fixed a bug where the bow was getting stuck aiming left if you jump off your horse.

• Ione in Central Sanctuary will now talk with you without crashing your game.

• Picking up plumes will correctly retrieve plumes and add them back to your total plume count.

• Adjusted Bulwark, Thalamus, and Bysurge to have their intended HP and damage levels.

• Fixed environmental art issues in Sanctuary and Garde Tum.

• Fixed a bug where some players were stuck in the intro cutscene where Sorun tries to get on his horse.

• Added several missing sound effects that were not working properly.

• Improved hitboxes for Soul of the Phoenix, Dark Knight, and the final boss fight.

• Additional fixes, squashed bugs, and optimization improvements.

Upcoming PS4 and PC fixes

• 144hz Refresh Rate Fix

• PS4 Supersampling Fix

• Energy shield bug Fix

• Soul Trigger Duplication Fix

• Hitbox improvements

• Better input buffering and animation canceling

• Language selection in game settings

• Option menu on start screen

• D-pad configuration

• And many many more

Edited by SecondGenesis
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

There's gonna be lots of patches and updates. Game released in an awful state.

Also I recently found out they cut out a Youtuber I watch as a voice actor :( (the character is completely silent, no voice at all)

Who was it?

On 8/19/2018 at 9:24 PM, aZombieDictator said:

There's gonna be lots of patches and updates. Game released in an awful state.

Also I recently found out they cut out a Youtuber I watch as a voice actor :( (the character is completely silent, no voice at all)

Did they say when the patch for the actual trophy is coming though?

We are incredibly appreciative to everyone who has played our game, joined the Discord, and generally flooded us with feedback. Your support means a lot to us. Your feedback has been critical to improving the game, so please keep making your voices heard. We are listening. Below are the patch notes in text. 

BUG FIXES
- Fixed a shield animation issue in the Obsidian Vale where players using a controller would not animate correctly.
- Fixed a bug where the Energy Shield would lower player stats.
- Fixed a bug where the Void Plume would lower player stats.
- Forgotten Gaian Heroic no longer gives a talent point every time you kill him.
- Parrying the arrow of an archer that has been killed no longer crashes the game.
- Fixed a crash caused by creating 10 rotating orbs with the fire and lightning tome spell.
- Fixed a crash related to the Sigur ritual.
- Fixed a bug where Flaming Guillotine was not working on slot 2 and 3 on controllers.
- Fixed an issue where blood knight would not heal correctly at high health levels. 
- Abyssal eyes now control correctly with custom keybinds.
- Mimic feathers can no longer drop from the Soul of the Phoenix heroic fight.
- You are no longer blocked from going left into the church after beating Origa.
- Heroic Bysurge now correctly drops 3 immortalite when killed the first time.
- Horse no longer faces left when first entering certain areas of the Aldwynn sewers.
- Heroic Forgotten Gaian items are picked up instantly upon its death. Talent point is also awarded immediately, even if you die. 
- Music during the Eldritch Council cutscene no longer continues playing over other tracks.
- Amulvaro’s Observatory Golem now scales XP correctly in NG+.
- Dying at the same time as Endless no longer skips her final cutscene.
- You can no longer repeatedly kick down the ladder in Amulvaro’s Observatory .
- Fixed a bug where Zuma would disappear and drop light greaves.
- Fixed a bug where Dark Knight would stop animating if he was over-healed.
- Blocking after an airdash no longer grants invincibility until you stopped blocking.
- Bulwark no longer attempts to dodge your parry.
- Phoenix in the tutorial only drops immortalite the first time you kill it.
- Blindfold item now works properly when upgraded.
- Level up UI text no longer appears over the inventory when inventory is open.
- Fixed a bug where enemies would respawn when re-entering a room if they were killed by an exploding arrow or some traps. 
- Can no longer lose items dropped by Bysurge Heroic if he dies in the middle of his platform. You now pick up the items automatically.
- Moss Knight in Gaian’s Cradle can no longer get you stuck inside a wall.
- Game will no longer run at a higher framerate in certain Garde Tum areas if you have a monitor with a high refresh rate.
- Improved overall performance and game loading time.
- Mimic feathers now correctly play a sound effect for being created.
- Caer Siorai Giant now plays sound effects correctly.
- Blink dagger now plays the correct sound effect.
- Equipping items using gamepad no longer sounds really loud.
- Fire effects in the intro room are now muted properly when sound is disabled.
- Achievement for Endless Elegy now triggers properly.
- Achievement for The Perfect Run now triggers properly.
- Achievement for When the Stars Align now triggers properly.

GAME BALANCE
- Haste now affects the time it takes for your stamina to start regenerating.
- Attempting to use an ability while in a knocked back state will no longer put the ability on cooldown.
- Attempting to use an ability after getting hit during the start of an attack no longer causes the ability animation to stop. 
- Spikes in Obsidian Vale cannot combo you anymore. 
- Shade Knights in NG+ can now die to the spike traps in Obsidian Vale. 
- Amarog Shamans no longer block your attacks if you hit them from behind.
- Normal mode Forgotten Gaian now deals slightly less damage.
- Your horse can now kill Golden Drake Knights.
- You can now re-obtain the 11th feather by getting all the gaian relics. Enjoy the extra 10% damage.

QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES
- Can now change languages in the in-game options screen. 
(We are still working on getting the options added to the main menu)
- Can now enable “reduced screenshake” in the options menu.
- Can now disable “stamina low” UI in the options menu.
- Can now enable player health value displaying on the hp bar from options menu.
- Can now enable player stamina value displaying on the stamina bar from options menu.
- No longer have to re-do the red button puzzle to ride the Garde Tum elevator.
- Main menu music volume adjusted to be balanced with in-game sound.

Edited by ziggypossum
UPD

42 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

We are incredibly appreciative to everyone who has played our game, joined the Discord, and generally flooded us with feedback. Your support means a lot to us. Your feedback has been critical to improving the game, so please keep making your voices heard. We are listening. Below are the patch notes in text. 

BUG FIXES
- Fixed a shield animation issue in the Obsidian Vale where players using a controller would not animate correctly.
- Fixed a bug where the Energy Shield would lower player stats.
- Fixed a bug where the Void Plume would lower player stats.
- Forgotten Gaian Heroic no longer gives a talent point every time you kill him.
- Parrying the arrow of an archer that has been killed no longer crashes the game.
- Fixed a crash caused by creating 10 rotating orbs with the fire and lightning tome spell.
- Fixed a crash related to the Sigur ritual.
- Fixed a bug where Flaming Guillotine was not working on slot 2 and 3 on controllers.
- Fixed an issue where blood knight would not heal correctly at high health levels. 
- Abyssal eyes now control correctly with custom keybinds.
- Mimic feathers can no longer drop from the Soul of the Phoenix heroic fight.
- You are no longer blocked from going left into the church after beating Origa.
- Heroic Bysurge now correctly drops 3 immortalite when killed the first time.
- Horse no longer faces left when first entering certain areas of the Aldwynn sewers.
- Heroic Forgotten Gaian items are picked up instantly upon its death. Talent point is also awarded immediately, even if you die. 
- Music during the Eldritch Council cutscene no longer continues playing over other tracks.
- Amulvaro’s Observatory Golem now scales XP correctly in NG+.
- Dying at the same time as Endless no longer skips her final cutscene.
- You can no longer repeatedly kick down the ladder in Amulvaro’s Observatory .
- Fixed a bug where Zuma would disappear and drop light greaves.
- Fixed a bug where Dark Knight would stop animating if he was over-healed.
- Blocking after an airdash no longer grants invincibility until you stopped blocking.
- Bulwark no longer attempts to dodge your parry.
- Phoenix in the tutorial only drops immortalite the first time you kill it.
- Blindfold item now works properly when upgraded.
- Level up UI text no longer appears over the inventory when inventory is open.
- Fixed a bug where enemies would respawn when re-entering a room if they were killed by an exploding arrow or some traps. 
- Can no longer lose items dropped by Bysurge Heroic if he dies in the middle of his platform. You now pick up the items automatically.
- Moss Knight in Gaian’s Cradle can no longer get you stuck inside a wall.
- Game will no longer run at a higher framerate in certain Garde Tum areas if you have a monitor with a high refresh rate.
- Improved overall performance and game loading time.
- Mimic feathers now correctly play a sound effect for being created.
- Caer Siorai Giant now plays sound effects correctly.
- Blink dagger now plays the correct sound effect.
- Equipping items using gamepad no longer sounds really loud.
- Fire effects in the intro room are now muted properly when sound is disabled.
- Achievement for Endless Elegy now triggers properly.
- Achievement for The Perfect Run now triggers properly.
- Achievement for When the Stars Align now triggers properly.

GAME BALANCE
- Haste now affects the time it takes for your stamina to start regenerating.
- Attempting to use an ability while in a knocked back state will no longer put the ability on cooldown.
- Attempting to use an ability after getting hit during the start of an attack no longer causes the ability animation to stop. 
- Spikes in Obsidian Vale cannot combo you anymore. 
- Shade Knights in NG+ can now die to the spike traps in Obsidian Vale. 
- Amarog Shamans no longer block your attacks if you hit them from behind.
- Normal mode Forgotten Gaian now deals slightly less damage.
- Your horse can now kill Golden Drake Knights.
- You can now re-obtain the 11th feather by getting all the gaian relics. Enjoy the extra 10% damage.

QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES
- Can now change languages in the in-game options screen. 
(We are still working on getting the options added to the main menu)
- Can now enable “reduced screenshake” in the options menu.
- Can now disable “stamina low” UI in the options menu.
- Can now enable player health value displaying on the hp bar from options menu.
- Can now enable player stamina value displaying on the stamina bar from options menu.
- No longer have to re-do the red button puzzle to ride the Garde Tum elevator.
- Main menu music volume adjusted to be balanced with in-game sound.

No word on debug mode here. I wonder if they have plans to remove it.

It's patch already, debug is removed, trophy isn't fixed. ?

I'm thinking this was probably a knee jerk patch they put through last week when debug was found out, and the new patch just got submitted. Probably next week be up 

Needs to be done on a new run apparently

Edited by Gage

That's such bullshit that the Endless trophy has to be on a new run. I saved my main character before Endless to make sure I could get it. I hope to god it works on NG+, i'd rather speedrun NG+ than make a brand new character..

Edited by Pokedude97

14 minutes ago, Pokedude97 said:

That's such bullshit that the Endless trophy has to be on a new run. I saved my main character before Endless to make sure I could get it. I hope to god it works on NG+, i'd rather speedrun NG+ than make a brand new character..

Wait, have you tried updating the game, then starting off before the Endless fight like you've done? I was thinking of doing this same thing, but if it doesn't work that suck. But yeah, as you said, I'll just speedrun on NG+.

33 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

Wait, have you tried updating the game, then starting off before the Endless fight like you've done? I was thinking of doing this same thing, but if it doesn't work that suck. But yeah, as you said, I'll just speedrun on NG+.

Yeah, I had my main legit save right before Endless and I had 3 debug characters at Endless just incase. None of them worked. I'm trying to speedrun NG+ atm so i'll let you know how that goes.

Edit: I just realized I clicked through too fast and i'm on NG+3 >.> No wonder i'm doing no damage.

Edited by Pokedude97

15 minutes ago, Pokedude97 said:

Yeah, I had my main legit save right before Endless and I had 3 debug characters at Endless just incase. None of them worked. I'm trying to speedrun NG+ atm so i'll let you know how that goes.

Edit: I just realized I clicked through too fast and i'm on NG+3 >.> No wonder i'm doing no damage.

Thanks, good to know, I won't waste my time with that then. I'll just use debug mode to increase my damage to insane levels then start NG+

So did they make it so updates download automatically with the game now? I tried deleting and reinstalling so I could stop the patch but there was no separate download for the patch. No more debug mode for me I guess. I got tired of the game after all the crashes anyways. Maybe in a year I'll play it again... This was such a rocky launch for a game I was hyped for and all this shit that went down just kinda ruined it for me. At least Guacamelee 2 came out a week later and kinda made me forget about Death's Gambit. Gucamelee 2 is insanely polished and well made, I just wish Deaths Gambit launched like that. Also Dead Cells was another indie that launched a week before with crazy polish. Really sucks to see a release like Death's Gambit. Kinda just rambling here now but oh well.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 2