Patch coming next week!

aZombieDictator

19 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

Thanks, good to know, I won't waste my time with that then. I'll just use debug mode to increase my damage to insane levels then start NG+

Np, also feathers don't stack anymore. I looked and I only have 100% instead of 600%. So get what you can to level 150 and then save an enormous amount of souls for NG+ so you can increase more.

I'm gonna have to redo NG+ again because NG+3 is taking way too long. But I got through more than half the game in 30 min so it should be manageable at +1.

Edited by Pokedude97

6 minutes ago, Pokedude97 said:

Np, also feathers don't stack anymore. I looked and I only have 100% instead of 600%. So get what you can to level 150 and then save an enormous amount of souls for NG+ so you can increase more.

I'm gonna have to redo NG+ again because NG+3 is taking way too long. But I got through more than half the game in 30 min so it should be manageable at +1.

Right, I did wonder about that, was going to stack 10,000% damage then steamroll through NG+ haha, so I guess that's out now.

Actually, do souls carry over too? I'm guessing not.

4 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

Right, I did wonder about that, was going to stack 10,000% damage then steamroll through NG+ haha, so I guess that's out now.

Actually, do souls carry over too? I'm guessing not.

Yeah, they do.

I wonder if the trophy is actually patched since nobody had it still and the patch notes look like they were for pc.

Edited by Pokedude97

22 minutes ago, Pokedude97 said:

Yeah, they do.

I wonder if the trophy is actually patched since nobody had it still and the patch notes look like they were for pc.

Yeah, that's right, the patch notes were for PC, but I think patch 1.04 has been released for PS4? Just going by word of mouth though, because I'm at work and can't test.

EDIT :

Post by White Rabbit Dev on there reddit page.
PS4 1.04 hotfix

Quick hotfix patch on PS4 today.

- Removed debug cheat from the game

- While they're not yet in-game, we're getting closer to crash fixes that are still in the works.

Please remember that if you're on PS4 Pro and you're experiencing crashes, many crashes can be fixed by doing the following:

Disable Supersampling in [Settings] > [Video Output Settings] > [Supersampling Mode]
Disable Boost Mode in [Settings] > [System Settings] > [Boost Mode]
Change your resolution to 1080p

So yeah, not too sure if the PC details actually apply to this patch, and the trophy could still be bugged.

Edited by SecondGenesis
Adding more info

Is the patch that remove debug room on PS4 online now ?

Can I stack 100000% damage so next run i will just speed through it if it has to be NG+ ?

according to Steam user. it already show 0.3% so it works now in next big patch. but i wonder that they have to start new PT just to get that or just use the old save.

Edited by FielVeredus

Yes the debug room is gone. Well not gone but you can't use the button combination anymore. But if you have a save in the debug room you can still use it as normal. But once you leave you cant go back. 

I couldnt stop the update from installing. Didn't get an option to do so. Maybe because it is a small patch

I needed a new game because the second Owl lore book wouldn't register. So I have a game with 1500% damage and max health (not infinite, because when you quit and start game again the infinite health doesn't work

6 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

So did they make it so updates download automatically with the game now? 

Been like that for near 2 years now pretty sure. 

1 hour ago, FielVeredus said:

According to Steam user. it already show 0.3% so it works now in next big patch. but i wonder that they have to start new PT just to get that or just use the old save.

Steam stats can't be trusted at all from how easy it is to hack steam achievements, so realisticaly that doesn't mean anything. 

I figured since they only announced the patch today this one wouldn't be the one to fix it, so I'll wait for someone else to get it and confirm before I try anything. Not wasting time to have it not pop now ?

Sometimes i wonder why dev bother patch overpowered thing in Single Player game.

The charm of SNES game was this kind of stuff. (Debug mode, broken item) lol

Btw, i went ahead and disconnect my PS4 until i have all trophy but one for slay normal endless.  Using debug room for some reason didnt pop All Heroic defeated trophy? Or it is known glitch?

i still have to work on all journal/all feather and get +10 trophy to popped on me.

2 hours ago, FielVeredus said:

Sometimes i wonder why dev bother patch overpowered thing in Single Player game.

The charm of SNES game was this kind of stuff. (Debug mode, broken item) lol

Btw, i went ahead and disconnect my PS4 until i have all trophy but one for slay normal endless.  Using debug room for some reason didnt pop All Heroic defeated trophy? Or it is known glitch?

i still have to work on all journal/all feather and get +10 trophy to popped on me.

All trophies can be earned using debug. Heroic battles have to be done on the same playthrough. One thing that helps is to battle  the boss 2 times in a row, one normal and one heroic. I can't tell for sure at this moment, but I think there is 13 bosses, 12 can be battled in heroic (only Thalamus you can't).

But, some Debug options can prevent from getting some trophies depending what option you use. The one about Talents has to be done legit (earning talents after each boss), but you can use Infinite Health, All Itens and stuff. The one about feather upgrades as well. Don't use debug to upgrade damage %. Only active Infinite Health and teleport to the feather upgrade locations. The trophy will pop after the 6th upgrade.

Edited by JabsGus

1 hour ago, JabsGus said:

All trophies can be earned using debug. Heroic battles have to be done on the same playthrough. One thing that helps is to battle  the boss 2 times in a row, one normal and one heroic. I can't tell for sure at this moment, but I think there is 13 bosses, 12 can be battled in heroic (only Thalamus you can't).

But, some Debug options can prevent from getting some trophies depending what option you use. The one about Talents has to be done legit (earning talents after each boss), but you can use Infinite Health, All Itens and stuff. The one about feather upgrades as well. Don't use debug to upgrade damage %. Only active Infinite Health and teleport to the feather upgrade locations. The trophy will pop after the 6th upgrade.

Got it all now.

in the end after thing got glitch. I decide to do full run so it is 1 PT without much hassle. Have fun playing weirdly while the world try to kill you but you somehow dont care is very unique experience.

My journal didnt register and luckily i check every time i pick up so i just quickly reload the game.

wait for patch and hopefully pop the platinum without have to play NG+ but if i must NG+ it's still easy though with 4000% boost...

2 hours ago, FielVeredus said:

wait for patch and hopefully pop the platinum without have to play NG+ but if i must NG+ it's still easy though with 4000% boost...

The boost doesn't work anymore. I was back at 100% after the patch. NG+ is still pretty easy though if you get 150 of your damage skill and as much HP as you can get.

Edited by Pokedude97

31 minutes ago, Pokedude97 said:

The boost doesn't work anymore. I was back at 100% after the patch. NG+ is still pretty easy though if you get 150 of your damage skill and as much HP as you can get.

If my character is in debug room after patch, maybe can i just boost it again before go out?

On 8/24/2018 at 11:53 PM, aZombieDictator said:

So did they make it so updates download automatically with the game now? I tried deleting and reinstalling so I could stop the patch but there was no separate download for the patch. No more debug mode for me I guess. I got tired of the game after all the crashes anyways. Maybe in a year I'll play it again... This was such a rocky launch for a game I was hyped for and all this shit that went down just kinda ruined it for me. At least Guacamelee 2 came out a week later and kinda made me forget about Death's Gambit. Gucamelee 2 is insanely polished and well made, I just wish Deaths Gambit launched like that. Also Dead Cells was another indie that launched a week before with crazy polish. Really sucks to see a release like Death's Gambit. Kinda just rambling here now but oh well.

At least u got a chance to do debug mode.. I’m not big on glitches and doing dupes and exploiting games.. hell, I even make fun of my brother and friends who do this, and purposely try to go out of their way to find unique methods to “hack” games (or cheat, whichever you prefer).. but debut mode I would’ve used.. I already beat the game legit, done everything legit.. and I must say.. this game is rather crap.. was hoping for a salt and sanctuary type experience but this game is honestly just so stupid hard for no reason.. it’s not souls like at ALL.. unless you’re thick and you say: “oh but it’s hard! And souls is hard! So it’s souls like!” 

Will never support adult swims games or white rabbit.. got this game for my 30th birthday and it was the worst bday present I’ve had in years.. also, let me add, it’s the biggest let down in 2018.. hell, I’d go as far as to say the biggest let down since dead space 3.. complete and utter shit.. I feel bad for anyone who thinks this game is good.. I give it a 3 out of 10.. was hoping for an 8.5/10

edit 1: let me be fair and say that it could rise fairly easily from a 3 to a 5 with proper patchwork.. they hotfix patch debut mode but soul trigger ability is the only ability I can equip even though I’ve bought all for greatsword and great hammer.. also, as mentioned below, an endless elegy is still f***ed.. they’ve really got their priorities straight, let me tell you.. 

Edited by xxdmcgee2288xx
Autocorrect on iPhone misspelled words
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

At least u got a chance to do debut mode.. I’m not big on glitches and doing dupes and exploiting games.. hell, I even make fun of my brother and friends who do this, and purposely try to go out of their way to find unique methods to “hack” games (or cheat, whichever you prefer).. but debut mode I would’ve used.. I already beat the game legit, done everything legit.. and I must say.. this game is rather crap.. was hoping for a salt and sanctuary type experience but this game is honestly just so stupid hard for no reason.. it’s not souls like at ALL.. unless you’re thick and you say: “oh but it’s hard! And souls is hard! So it’s souls like!” 

Will never support adult swims games or white rabbit.. got this game for my 30th birthday and it was the worst bday present I’ve had in years.. also, let me add, it’s the biggest let down in 2018.. hell, I’d go as far as to say the biggest let down since dead space 3.. complete and utter shit.. I feel bad for anyone who thinks this game is good.. I give it a 3 out of 10.. was hoping for an 8.5/10

I used it for like 20 minutes lol, game still crashed when I used it so I didn't even get to enjoy that aspect either. Glad to see someone else was as disappointed as I was.

It will be a good game in maybe a few months or a year, but as of on launch and now it's still got so many issues it's just hard to enjoy. Salt and Sanctuary will still be the greatest 2D Dark Souls. But yeah compare Deaths Gambit to any other indie that launched this year and it was by far the worst one. (At a technical standpoint) Every other indie I've played this year has been so optimized and polished then we have the runt Deaths gambit that I was super hyped for but fell flat. They really should have waited for release, would have given them a better release window that wasn't jam packed with games and would have been overall made better.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 3:53 AM, aZombieDictator said:

So did they make it so updates download automatically with the game now? I tried deleting and reinstalling so I could stop the patch but there was no separate download for the patch.

I had my network turned off in settings and once I put it back on, I got a bunch of notifications of updates downloading (DG was 95MB). Maybe that's what happened on your end? The update must have downloaded fast without you knowing.

Deleting and reinstalling wouldn't help unless it's a disc based game as the patches are separate, while downloaded games have the patches included.

Edited by Ghost

Yeah after playthrough it normally. The game has some of its cool moment, some boss fight is very well design but hard with no reason. in Souls game it is rewarding but i didnt feel that in this game for some reason because it mostly try to cheapshot you ? My favourite one would be Thalamus, feel like playing Pacifist run on Undertale lol.

Still don't know why very simple requirement trophy got bugged.

I want to believe next bug(*big) patch from PC version actually fix Endless trophy glitch and i don't want to playthrough the whole game again.

Edited by FielVeredus

If you already have a save in the test room after the latest patch, you can still get back there.

Most of you already probably know, but if you don't rest at any statues, you can use a crow plume to go back to your last save statue, in this case the Test Room. Worked like a charm last night, then you can just use Get all items to refill your plumes.

• Like 2