PES 2019 Trophy Thoughts

1 hour ago, Russellmania505 said:

Hi All. Any tips for the Global Giants trophy? I'm 100's of games in and barely over 2000 SS.

Hi All. Any tips for the Global Giants trophy? I'm 100's of games in and barely over 2000 SS.

Play more, win more.  Sorry, that’s all I got.

I just finished this plat a few weeks ago and I wish I had started it much earlier.  The Global Giants trophy was by far the biggest time sink and I think it's even bigger now than it used to be.

I may be wrong here, but it seems they stopped posting the special events/challenges you could compete in that allowed you to earn packs or special gold/black ball players in at the end of 2019.  They also did what appeared to be a final "triple xp earned for playing matches" event at the same time.  I haven't launched the game since I got the plat, but in the 4 weeks that followed the start of the new year, there were no events of any kind.  Maybe they truly just don't do them very often, but it seemed like they just stopped altogether.

That was frustrating for me when trying to get the Global Giants trophy, because it is exceptionally difficult to get decent non-loan players that you can play with and level up via matches nowadays.  And with the sales of myClub coins ending back in November (?) 2019, the only way you have to buy packs is to play tons of games only to earn enough GP to buy 1 pack with a very low percentage chance of having ONE good rare player to improve your lineup!

Ultimately I went the two team route.  Your BEST option currently for getting good players for your team is to check the Loan area DAILY.  The Loan players seem to get updated every 2-3 days, but I could never figure out the timing exactly. I would recommend checking it every day.  Grab any Black Ball players IMMEDIATELY.  Only grab Gold 84-rated players from the Loan menu for spots you don't already have a Gold 80+ player in.

Create two squads.  Set your Squad 1 as your Global Giants team, and don't even play with them.  Most of your team will be built with Loan players and you can't renew their contracts.  Once they expire, you lose them, and that is a very bad thing....  Create a Squad 2 as your play squad.  With your squad 2, you are going to play hundreds of Simulated matches.  Each match will reward you with 600 coins for a loss, 1000 for a draw, or 1600 (?) for a win.  These amounts are for a 1 star squad and will scale up based on the quality (star rating) of your squad.  Each match will also reward you with a Scout card which you will redeem for another player (don't combine these, you will need as many players as you can get).  Once a player has used up their contract, convert them to an EXP trainer and replace them with another card from your bench that is NOT on your Squad 1 roster. 

You will basically continue doing this until you have enough coins (I think its 25k) to buy a pack of cards and hope you get a good player. More often than not you will get more fodder cards to put into your Squad 2 lineup which is your EXP engine.  Use the EXP trainers you are creating with your Squad 2 to level up your Squad 1 players.  I would double check EXP gains amongst multiple players.  For instance, I found times when putting a GK that had been converted into an EXP trainer actually gave more XP to a RB/CB/LB than to another GK.  I'm not sure of the logic involved, but try and get the most XP you can out of your trainers.  The trainers also seem to 'crit' occassionally and give you 2x, 3x, 4x, or more of what the actual training value is.  This seems to be random but can be a huge bonus to speeding up this process.

I would also recommend leveling up your Black ball players first.  Taking a Gold player from XP Level 32/33 (Rank 85) all the way up to Level 36-38 (Rank 86) can take a good bit of XP but might only increase your overall team rating by 2 points, whereas doing the same for a Black ball player seems to give you 7-10 points on your overall team rating for the same thing.

A couple more thnigs...

1.  Log in every day!  Even if you don't play, just going into the myClub menus will give you the daily rewards, which seem to rotate between 1500 GP, 40(?) myClub coins, and some fitness cards I think.  These can be super valuable!  Since you can't buy myClub coins anymore and there is a fixed amount you can earn for accomplishing tasks in the game, these are a nice bonus.  I believe this resets at around 7 PM EST (Eastern US)

2.  Try and get at least one simulate match win every day.  The first match you win each day gives you a larger amount as a bonus and is worth trying for.  Same reset time as #1.

3.  I think I had the Standard version of the game, and you do get a few free packs with it, but it's like 1 per week and they show up as Special Agents on Saturday mornings.  Definitely grab those!

Edited by Misbik
  • Like 2