THQ Nordic Acquired ‘TimeSplitters’ and ‘Second Sight’ IPs

Maxie_M0us3

Source: http://news.cision.com/thq-nordic-ab/r/thq-nordic-acquires-timesplitters,c2592484

Amazing! This made my entire week! TimeSplitters might finally come back from the dead!!! :D It’s been over a decade following Future Perfect, TimeSplitters 4’s development has been canceled as Free Radicals filed bankruptcy and Crytek acquired the studio, letting TimeSplitters’s IP dormant.

Finally we’ll see one of the greatest FPS franchises ever made getting a resurgence! Please release all three games in HD remasters!

anigif_enhanced-19920-1407333002-1.gif

Not only that, Second Sight’s IP has been acquired too!

Thoughts guys? :awesome:

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 1

I'm curious to see what they do with TimeSplitters. I imagine they would release a HD collection of the old ones since they like to remaster games. It's kinda hard for me to imagine what a new TimeSplitters game would be like since it's been so long since a new one came out. I know nothing about Second Sight, so I don't really have an opinion on that.

Edited by ZombieKiryu0

Don't really care for straight HD ports of the originals and would rather see some kind of remake similar to Crash or Spyro. A new game, that maybe combines elements of the older ones but with a modern look would also be nice.

46 minutes ago, Maxie Mouse said:

Source: http://news.cision.com/thq-nordic-ab/r/thq-nordic-acquires-timesplitters,c2592484

Amazing! This made my entire week! TimeSplitters might finally come back from the dead!!! :D It’s been over a decade following Future Perfect, TimeSplitters 4’s development has been canceled as Free Radicals filed bankruptcy and Crytek acquired the studio, letting TimeSplitters’s IP dormant.

Finally we’ll see one of the greatest FPS franchises ever made getting a resurgence! Please release all three games in HD remasters!

anigif_enhanced-19920-1407333002-1.gif

Not only that, Second Sight’s IP has been acquired too!

Thoughts guys? :awesome:

Can someone ELI5 what those two series are?

Edited by ArmoredSquirreXD

5 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Can someone ELI5 what those two series are?

Google and YouTube are your friends. Simply underrated but cult games from those who got the opportunity of playing them back on PS2 or Xbox.

Edited by Maxie Mouse

4 minutes ago, Ash Williams said:

I liked Timesplitters 2, but I really loved Future Perfect.

I'd love a rebooted Timesplitters series, but I wouldn't say no to a remaster or HD version either.

What the hell is an ELI5?

Means explain in simple terms. 

TimeSplitters was the first game I ever played on PS2 when my brother got his console in early 2001. Would love to see a singular, unified, rerelease, with all content from all three games accessible. All maps, weapons, and characters playable, and all three campaigns seamlessly integrated. That might be a little too far-reaching though.

Also all in for a complete remake of Second Sight. Free Radical was one of my favorite studios from the sixth console generation. Their games deserve to be treated with the utmost respect, and this announcement brings back so many memories for me. Don't fail me Deep Silver and THQ Nordic.

Edited by communistwookiee

44 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Means explain in simple terms. 

Timesplitters: you are Vin Diesel, fighting time travelling monsters, with a good dosis of weird humour. Included in the series are: Cold War era Soviet bases, mad scientists, a haunted house, zombies, armageddon, monkeys, trains and more.

Nice!!

Hopefully this'll mean something will happen to the Timesplitters franchise rather than just Crytek sitting on it saying "but no one wants Timesplitters". Maybe Timesplitters 4 will actually see the light of day this time, or this is just another chapter in it's unlucky history. A HD collection would be great though!

I wonder what will happen with that Rewind project now that the IP has been lifted from Crytek.