Bug with Marine Biologist trophy?

njg1625

Anyone else having problems with this trophy (and therefore also the other 100% style trophies?) The shark area behind the pot next to the bar has crates that it won't let me stand on. That or I'm missing something REALLY obvious because the youtube vids show people running across with ease. (Just to state the obvious, I have everything else - it's just that one tentacle!) Good game besides this irritation!

I'm also having the same issue, and it's bothering me because it bars me from getting the plat. 

Other players don't seem to have this issue so it makes me think this is an issue that's only present on the 1.02 version of this game. Hopefully they'll make another update once more players become vocal about this?

On 8/23/2018 at 1:49 PM, NightRusticDawn said:

Are you talking about the Bar Basement where you swim around the room to avoid a shark?

As long as you can swim, you should be able to walk on the crates placed in different locations of the room. I tried again with patch 1.02 and had no issues.

There's an invisible barrier blocking the crates which makes it impossible to go on

Here's a video of the described scenario

Please spread this around and tweet it at the developers or something so a new patch can hopefully come out

Edited by wesleyisgreat777
removal of filler words
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, wesleyisgreat777 said:

There's an invisible barrier blocking the crates which makes it impossible to go on

Here's a video of the described scenario

Please spread this around and tweet it at the developers or something so a new patch can hopefully come out

Ah I see, I did not have this issue on my end. What region are you playing?

Have you tried going around the invincible block?

Should be able to delete the patch though, haven't done it in recent firmware patches but here is what I did before.

• Just go to Settings > System > Automatic Downloads and uncheck Application Downloads.
  • Delete the game (Upload to cloud for safety reasons) then Reinstall the game.
  • when you start the game and see that the update file has been added to your downloads, go to Notifications, Downloads, pause the patch download, click Options and delete the new patch from downloading and / or installing.

I'll help and tweet and spread the word.

16 hours ago, NightRusticDawn said:

Ah I see, I did not have this issue on my end. What region are you playing?

Have you tried going around the invincible block?

Should be able to delete the patch though, haven't done it in recent firmware patches but here is what I did before.

• Just go to Settings > System > Automatic Downloads and uncheck Application Downloads.
  • Delete the game (Upload to cloud for safety reasons) then Reinstall the game.
  • when you start the game and see that the update file has been added to your downloads, go to Notifications, Downloads, pause the patch download, click Options and delete the new patch from downloading and / or installing.

I'll help and tweet and spread the word.

You can only delete the patches for retail games, because the digital ones come pre-patched with the latest update hardcoded into them :(.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

You can only delete the patches for retail games, because the digital ones come pre-patched with the latest update hardcoded into them :(.

oh yes of course :facepalm: I completely forgot it was digital while typing that.

I sent some direct messages on various platforms like twitter to the developers, hopefully they see it.

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Sarcasthma said:

I tried that method for my Second Run playthrough, but it looks like it was removed even before the most current patch. 

Oh, that's a shame. Oh well. Is it much harder without that method or does it just take longer?

• 2 weeks later...