Spyro Reignited Trilogy Delayed Until November 13th Now

DrakeHellsing

I kinda saw this coming to be brutally honest. I felt like this game was announced too soon before it’s original September release date.

Also seeing that Black Friday is just around the corner, this could end up like Need For Speed: Payback where people will become disappointed as they realize they should’ve just waited two to three weeks after the release date to get an early discount.

10 minutes ago, SkyesUnholy said:

A dick move? Naw. If there are issues or bugs that still need fixing then I wouldn't care if they delay it until next year.

I guess I was only saying that because of the whole, they had announced the date a while back and to change it a month before is a bit weird.  But ah well, so long as I can get the game in the end... but now, it's a new date I have to remember :P

Doesn't bother me, as I was gonna be waiting for the inevitable Switch version anyways, but it's a fucking stupid move nonetheless. You went from September, where outside of Spider-Man I can't think of much coming out, to the biggest month of the year, and I don't care how much you and me may love Spyro, a bunch of PS1 games remade is gonna have a hard time doing gangbusters with that release date.

I wish Spyro nothing but the best, as I would love a new *proper* game in the series (same goes for you, Crash), but this is just asking for trouble. Even if I decided I couldn't wait for the Switch version and bought it on Xbox day one, like the girlfriend seem to be trying to convince me to, I'd have the new Pokemon to play literally 3 days later. As much as I love Spyro, I know which one of the two would take priority. 

See you when you hit Switch, buddy boy.

Well that was unexpected given the game releases next month. I hope they add all the games on one disc.

Either way this doesn't bother me as I'll be busy with Spider-Man and Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

EDIT - It sucks that it got delayed but after the backlash from the fans, maybe Activision thought it was a bad idea to not add the two other games on disc? It looks bad on them from a business stand point and could hurt sales.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I guess I was only saying that because of the whole, they had announced the date a while back and to change it a month before is a bit weird.  But ah well, so long as I can get the game in the end... but now, it's a new date I have to remember :P

If they change the date so close before release it could mean that Sony or MS found some issue during their certification process that has to be fixed before the game can be released.

I doubt anyone is delaying a game because the feel like it.

• Like 1

I had been assuming that 2 and 3 were not on the disc because of issue with meeting their deadline. The only reason given in the Toys for Bob blog post was to "get things right". Willing to wager that they heard the backlash loud and clear and chose to delay it in favor of a fully physical release instead of the original plan.

• Like 1

For once in my life, I jumped in joy for a delay of a game! With the delay, the devs are better including all three games on the physical disc! If they don’t, it would be completely pointless of waiting and polishing everything... and we would still get an incomplete product.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/17/spyro-reignited-trilogy-release-date-delayed-to-november

A bit of a dick move if you ask me.  Got closer to the date and then bam, another two months? What's the bet that even with this, the whole controversy with 2 and 3 not on disk still sticks?

Personally, it does piss me off since I've been looking forward to my favorite series for months now, so to have it delayed further, after not even getting PS3 remasters (PSOne classics don't count), does sting. If it means all three games are on disc, then great, but it does suck I can't play with my little purple bud yet :( Guess one upside is it's more money I can save, considering Tomb Raider, Spider-Man, and Black Ops 4 are coming so close to each other. 

2 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Doesn't bother me, as I was gonna be waiting for the inevitable Switch version anyways, but it's a fucking stupid move nonetheless. You went from September, where outside of Spider-Man I can't think of much coming out, to the biggest month of the year, and I don't care how much you and me may love Spyro, a bunch of PS1 games remade is gonna have a hard time doing gangbusters with that release date.

I wish Spyro nothing but the best, as I would love a new *proper* game in the series (same goes for you, Crash), but this is just asking for trouble. Even if I decided I couldn't wait for the Switch version and bought it on Xbox day one, like the girlfriend seem to be trying to convince me to, I'd have the new Pokemon to play literally 3 days later. As much as I love Spyro, I know which one of the two would take priority. 

See you when you hit Switch, buddy boy.

You forgot Tomb Raider coming in September as well...

19 minutes ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Personally, it does piss me off since I've been looking forward to my favorite series for months now, so to have it delayed further, after not even getting PS3 remasters (PSOne classics don't count), does sting. If it means all three games are on disc, then great, but it does suck I can't play with my little purple bud yet :( Guess one upside is it's more money I can save, considering Tomb Raider, Spider-Man, and Black Ops 4 are coming so close to each other. 

Yeah that's true about the other games.  I mean I wasn't bothered about Spider-Man too much, I was going to play that eventually, but now that September has been freed up gamewise for me (the other ones like Tomb Raider and Black Ops 4 don't interest me), I think I shall get Spider-Man in September now, so it is a plus at the very least.

8 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah that's true about the other games.  I mean I wasn't bothered about Spider-Man too much, I was going to play that eventually, but now that September has been freed up gamewise for me (the other ones like Tomb Raider and Black Ops 4 don't interest me), I think I shall get Spider-Man in September now, so it is a plus at the very least.

If nothing else, frees up time to go thru backlog. 

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

It's because of the physical copy debacle.

I don't see it being any other reason. The game should have went gold by now (looking at Spider-Man being gold at July 30th)...Activison knows they fucked up once gamers voiced their opinion on it. 

Gamers win: Jerry-bird-dancing.gif

Spoiler

AsUeqAj.png

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 3