Spyro Reignited Trilogy Delayed Until November 13th Now

DrakeHellsing

Given how you would have needed to download games 2 & 3 even if you had the physical copy, the collection was quite clearly being rushed to meet the September release date. This delay is a welcome one. Like a lot of others, I hope this means all three games will be on the disc now. I'll actually buy it on day one if that ends up being the case.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

That's great =D! September was kinda packed already with Spider-Man and Dragon Quest XI, and this delay probably means we are getting all 3 games on the disc now.

Also Tomb Raider. I assume this is about the whole “having to download 1 and 2” thing. In fact I’m pretty sure that’s the whole reason they delayed it.

Never been so happy for a game to get delayed!!! I just hope the other 2 games will be on the disc now!!!

( Happy to wait another 2 months anyway as I will be playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Spiderman and Red Dead Redemption 2. )

Edited by adam-1996_911
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, adam-1996_911 said:

Never been so happy for a game to get delayed!!! I just hope the other 2 games will be on the disc now!!!

( Happy to wait another 2 months anyway as I will be playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Spiderman and Red Dead Redemption 2. )

It's probably too late now, they've likely already sent the master out to the manufacturer 

• Like 1

I'm really upset because it was next month and a week before my birthday. I had already requested a couple days off to play it nonstop.

I mean hopefully the reason why is because of the whole games on the disc situation because that rattled a lot of people. Digital or not though I'm definitely starting with Rypto's Rage because it was the first of the series and the most one I've played on my PS1. I'm just disappointed why they announced this a month before the game came out aside from a few months.

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

Well that was unexpected given the game releases next month. I hope they add all the games on one disc.

Either way this doesn't bother me as I'll be busy with Spider-Man and Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

EDIT - It sucks that it got delayed but after the backlash from the fans, maybe Activision thought it was a bad idea to not add the two other games on disc? It looks bad on them from a business stand point and could hurt sales.

I was thinking this. Nothing wrong with a delayed game either. I’d rather them iron out kinks now instead of adhere to the policy of ship it broken to meet date, fix it later BS mentality a lot of these developers have been doing for the Past 10 years.  

• Like 1

I was to get Spyro trilogy on launhc this September but then they announced that only Spyro 1 was on disc and 2 and 3 was digital only , i scratch it out entirely from my buying list but if they get this delayed to put them all 3 games on disc like it's suppose to be , then i'll get it .

• Like 1

Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit if all three games are on the disc or not? I still have GCU so I get physical games cheaper from Best Buy but I'd honestly rather have everything digitally if price wasn't a factor.

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

I’m definitely sad to hear about the delay, as I cleared two weeks out to play nothing but Spyro in September and October! I’m definitely getting it still, but with Red Dead, Fallout, and Spider-Man, I won’t have a lot of time for Spyro. Oh well, there’s always 2019! ? 

Like everybody has been saying, hopefully this gives them time to put everything on the disc too!

It kinda sucks since everything i’ve done all summer was been hyping about the reignited trilogy. I don’t know what caused this, was it the drama about the downloadable content or what. But in my opinion it’s better to fully finish the game and release it later than released it early and after that have a ton of updates cuz it wasn’t finished in the first place 

-cough- enter of dragonfly -cough-

I can see this push back to November as good for me for several reasons:

(1) Dragon Quest XI comes out in two weeks and I was worried I have to spend $200 on both it and this.

(2) I can ask my sisters to make a contribution to rescuing homeless Pikachus for my birthday. xD

(3) It works out perfectly: I can spend my big $$$$ next month on Dragon Quest XI, spend my big $$$$ in October on Disgaea 1 Complete(which I really want to platinum) and Spyro can be my November platinum $$$$. Sadly, Nintendo gets shafted until the holidays, sorry Switch. I don't play you anyways. :(

Mini-Midnight: "Crap on toast! I wanted to kill some rhynocs in September!" ?

Edited by DragonQuest238