I am a completionist, should I avoid this game?

Just now, adverse_event said:

Is that on "...it" trophy going to drive me insane to the point of wishing I never started the game?

Probably.  I don't think it's impossible though.  It's tough and you've got to grind some to get your weapons leveled up to make it more doable.  I still intend to go back and try for it some day.

15 minutes ago, adverse_event said:

Is that on "...it" trophy going to drive me insane to the point of wishing I never started the game?

Possibly. Especially before you figure out how to do all the waves efficiently and stuff like that, the survival mode will feel extremely difficult.

It is not really close to impossible but the fact that it's mostly a multiplayer thing can make it stressful if you generally like playing games alone.

24 minutes ago, adverse_event said:

Before the pitchforks come out about avoiding a game because of trophies I'll apologize, but it's just the way I am, I strive to complete every game 100%.  Furthermore I have a backlog of unplayed games 10 miles long right now so don't need a new game.  However I see UC4 is currently on sale and I have enjoyed Naughty Dog titles.  Is that on "...it" trophy going to drive me insane to the point of wishing I never started the game?  I like challenging trophies, such as Grounded in TloU for example but from what I have heard this trophy is nearly impossible since the latest patches, and is just driving people mad.  Opinions appreciated, thank you. 

If you like completion, don't go for it. I'm nearly at level 40, and it's still difficult. 

I was in your shoes @adverse_event , i really struggled starting U4 but decided to go for it. And i was lucky finding two people mainly guiding me through. I needed several hours grinding my gear to max but then having one expert beside me they used some tricks/glitches and i made it in the end.

If you're unsure consider what @Beyondthegrave07suggested and play it on an alt acc since U4 story is really great

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

Now this is the kind of completionist I hate to see. It's also the example of why I hate seeing people give so much praise to people who want to keep their completion at 100%. Just because you're a completionist doesn't mean you should avoid games due to the trophies potentially being a bit too difficult. This game is going to stay obtainable for the foreseeable future, so you have plenty of time to get on the game, get some partners and do the co-op. I intend to do this game some day whenever I have friends ready to do it with me and I won't be put off by some over-estimations by trophy hunters, if I took the advice most trophy hunters like to give about games, I'd have totally avoided half the stuff I've done. 

I backup account games I find too "hard" (i.e. 7 or 8/10 and above). However, it does feel a shame a very easy plat is made so hard with DLC.   That's not a crazy thing to believe.   Each to their own, I suppose 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I was in your shoes @adverse_event , i really struggled starting U4 but decided to go for it. And i was lucky finding two people mainly guiding me through. I needed several hours grinding my gear to max but then having one expert beside me they used some tricks/glitches and i made it in the end.

If you're unsure consider what @Beyondthegrave07suggested and play it on an alt acc since U4 story is really great

Do those glitches still work?

You should play it! It’s a great game. Yeah the ...it trophy can be tough, but if you have 2 good coop partners it’s really not that hard. It does take some effort though...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, phantomfear9494 said:

However, it does feel a shame a very easy plat is made so hard with DLC.   That's not a crazy thing to believe.   Each to their own, I suppose 

Same goes for Need for Speed (2015). 2 extreme hard trophies in free DLC :unsure: I still added that to my profile despite there's no coop to help :(

I don't know as i got the It... Trophy nearly a year ago @Armored Squirrel

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

With great teammates it is so possible. I didn't have any weapon higher level than 2 when I was going for the trophy. One of my partner also wasn't level 50 at all. All you need is avoiding from people with 'fat fingers' to lower your frustration. So I would say don't avoid the game, the challenge is bearable with great teammates, just share the burden.

1 minute ago, Abysm_Nucleus said:

With great teammates it is so possible. I didn't have any weapon higher level than 2 when I was going for the trophy. One of my partner also wasn't level 50 at all. All you need is avoiding from people with 'fat fingers' to lower your frustration. So I would say don't avoid the game, the challenge is bearable with great teammates, just share the burden.

All my friends are Xbox, so I'm f**ked haha 

1 hour ago, adverse_event said:

Before the pitchforks come out about avoiding a game because of trophies I'll apologize, but it's just the way I am, I strive to complete every game 100%.  Furthermore I have a backlog of unplayed games 10 miles long right now so don't need a new game.  However I see UC4 is currently on sale and I have enjoyed Naughty Dog titles.  Is that on "...it" trophy going to drive me insane to the point of wishing I never started the game?  I like challenging trophies, such as Grounded in TloU for example but from what I have heard this trophy is nearly impossible since the latest patches, and is just driving people mad.  Opinions appreciated, thank you. 

I understand you totally!! I do the same thing ;) And I would avoid 5/10 to avoid... the base game is easy 2/10 i would say then the DLC 2 trophies will give most people trouble so yeah Its 5/10 to avoid :)

Edited by Titanomachy_75

22 minutes ago, phantomfear9494 said:

All my friends are Xbox, so I'm f**ked haha 

Create a coop session here on psnp and you might find new friends. While i do have real life friends with whom i play coop on ps4 they have less time than i so i rely on boosting or gaming session 99% for online games/trophies. With some guys i keep contact over years and games, with some not. Works for me

The DLC is like a rotten Egg on top of a tasty Sandwich. The Game itself is good but if you care about 100% Completion, then don´t play this Game. With every Patch, NaughtyDog made the DLC more and more difficult to get you to buy their Microtransactions. Going for both the hardest DLC Trophies, will become a very frustrating Experience, if you don´t want to shove your hard earned Money into NaughtyDogs Throat.

• Like 3

Anyone can tell you exactly how hard could be, because no one is you and no one knows how skilled you are. Btw the average difficulty depends on your team as well and how much skilled your partners are. 

Try it in a secondary account and see. Btw I'm going to start it next week

If you like the uncharted series and online co-op, I'd highly recommend it...heck, here's an offer to help with the survival mode if you want it...i found it pretty simple but grindy...i took it the extra step and unlocked all of the mysticals, weapons, and boosters legit which takes quite a bit of time earning relics to open chests (not a fan of microtransactions) ...offer expires when rdr 2 comes out...personally, I found playing the survival mode more fun than the story...

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

The game is definitely worth playing, but I wouldn't bother with the DLC. Unless ND patched that crap (doubtful), it's not even fun. You're either going to have to rely on exploits (which is the one thing they probably did patch), spend money on one-time boosters, or find one or two co-op partners who know each stage inside and out.

While I normally don't support skipping good games because of potentially hard trophies, this is one instance where it's perfectly fine. Pay-to-win should not be encouraged.

EDIT: It occurred to me that I should explain why the trophy is unfair, in light of the "new" patches. This is for anybody who isn't familiar with how Survival Mode in UC4 works...

In order to get 3 stars on a stage, you must complete the stage within a certain time limit. This was doable before with a good team and some luck, but ND decided to nerf most of the weapons and make the bosses much more difficult (not so much harder, but longer to kill). Now, you simply aren't able to pump out enough damage to beat the stages in the required time. The boss stages are the worst because they warp all over the map and down your teammates almost instantly. You don't have time to revive them because you need to be hitting the boss constantly, so you're forced to buy boosters that will revive your team instantly.

If ND had adjusted the time limits to correspond to the changes that were made, I don't think anybody would have complained. The problem is that the player is now handicapped to the point that skill and upgrades aren't enough. If you want to win, you need to cough up hard cash.

Or just get the boss to warp himself off a cliff in Stage 10 like I did...

How beneficial is the "pay to win" aspect you are talking about? i'm just curious. 

If it's REALLY beneficial I might consider it to be honest. I'll take throwing a few bucks to naughty dog over being stuck at 96% personally, but that's just me.

If you do survival with a team of randoms it can be somewhat challenging. If you have a good team of 3 that are level 50 with level 5 guns is actually pretty easy. Even easier, is the fact that many people on PS4 communities are willing to "Carry" you through 3 stars crushing or any stages you are having trouble with, as long as you have the proper One-Use Boosters (You get about 10 of each free when you start the game). Try adding RULER2009 and joining his community. He has like 125 days played on U4 survival alone. He or someone else in the community may find time to help you.

• Like 1