I am a completionist, should I avoid this game?

1 hour ago, Intresseklubben said:

How beneficial is the "pay to win" aspect you are talking about? i'm just curious. 

If it's REALLY beneficial I might consider it to be honest. I'll take throwing a few bucks to naughty dog over being stuck at 96% personally, but that's just me.

I never paid anything, so I'm not sure. But I played long enough to know that you'll be relying on luck, glitches, and exploits if you want to finish each stage on time (especially 8 and 10).

I'm still waiting for ND to upload a video showing us how it's possible to do it any other way.

• Like 1

From what I hear you have to pay for microtransactions to stand a better chance at those survival trophies.

Naughty Dog seems to enjoy shoving down multiplayer crap down our throats that only 1 - 2 percent of players would even try to go for. Uncharted 2 and 3 DLC I'm looking right at you.

Uncharted 4 is probably a lot better and quicker but still probably a pain in the ass.

If you truly want to maintain 100 percent completion, then I would probably avoid this game for that reason.

But like I keep saying, 100 percent completion is a big risk.

• Like 1

Not a game to be worried about ruining your completion, trust me.

I found it easier to do solo due to the damage scaling, especially 8 and 10. The treasure collecting stages i did with a party for obvious reasons but as for the rest, get yourself the M14 custom, the Harbinger and you will melt the 8 and 10 bosses solo.

I did this post patch v1.25.083 and i don't think much has changed since.

Watch videos of Scorpion_rulezMK on youtube, the only motivation you need.

• Like 1

Don’t skip out on a game you could potentially really like just because the trophy list makes you wary. If 100% is your deciding criteria than you should only be judging if a 100% is obtainable. For U4 it very much is, even with the patches. I finished survival on crushing after they nerfed the guns & most glitches with random players. It is very much doable & I actually ended up liking survival since it was cooperative & not competitive.

Yes, it will drive you crazy at first until you’re maxed level & maxed weapons. The biggest struggle I had was clearing survival on hard to get to crushing. By the time you’re working on three stars it really comes down to a matter of decent teammates & luck. Some stages really call for people being on their A game, even you. It is a team objective after all.

I hope you decide to play U4 whether you end up playing it on your main or alt. & keep an eye out for Lost Legacy when you can. Finish the series!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lithium_Lemon said:

Try adding RULER2009 and joining his community. He has like 125 days played on U4 survival alone. He or someone else in the community may find time to help you.

RULER2009 = Uncharted Legend.

7 hours ago, Sergen said:

Now this is the kind of completionist I hate to see. It's also the example of why I hate seeing people give so much praise to people who want to keep their completion at 100%. Just because you're a completionist doesn't mean you should avoid games due to the trophies potentially being a bit too difficult. This game is going to stay obtainable for the foreseeable future, so you have plenty of time to get on the game, get some partners and do the co-op. I intend to do this game some day whenever I have friends ready to do it with me and I won't be put off by some over-estimations by trophy hunters, if I took the advice most trophy hunters like to give about games, I'd have totally avoided half the stuff I've done. 

Couldn't of said it better myself.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Nai_Lienoj said:

I mean if you were a completionist, you would want to complete every game in the Uncharted series right? Yes, it’s challenging, but it feels damn good once you 3-Star all the coop levels! 

That is nothing compared to what you have to do with Uncharted 3 on the PS3.

Over 200+ hours of boosting, which may possibly take months depending on how good your fellow boosters are.

No thanks.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Spaz said:

That is nothing compared to what you have to do with Uncharted 3 on the PS3.

Over 200+ hours of boosting, which may possibly take months depending on how good your fellow boosters are.

No thanks.

Ohh I know all about that lmao those treasure sets were a pain in the ass to grind

Just look up the community called "Uncharted 4 Survival Star Hunters" run by RealLadyCroft. That's how I got 100% on survival. There are a dozen expert players in there who will help anyone that asks. Should be able to get it done in about 4 hours with any of them, once you hit level 50.

Edited by communistwookiee
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Lithium_Lemon said:

If you do survival with a team of randoms it can be somewhat challenging. If you have a good team of 3 that are level 50 with level 5 guns is actually pretty easy. Even easier, is the fact that many people on PS4 communities are willing to "Carry" you through 3 stars crushing or any stages you are having trouble with, as long as you have the proper One-Use Boosters (You get about 10 of each free when you start the game). Try adding RULER2009 and joining his community. He has like 125 days played on U4 survival alone. He or someone else in the community may find time to help you.

Might have to try that eventually. 

2 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

Just look up the community called "Uncharted 4 Survival Star Hunters" run by RealLadyCroft. That's how I got 100% on survival. There are a dozen expert players in there who will help anyone that asks. Should be able to get it done in about 4 hours with any of them, once you hit level 50.

Or this one. Seeing as I only know the glitch for the pirate ship boss, how would one go about finding unpatched exploits?

@adverse_event I was in the same shoes as you for a long time because of the survival trophies. What I did was looked up some of the Uncharted 4 Survival communities on PS4. There are a lot of people willing to help you out, you'll just need to put in some time and effort to level up and get some gun upgrades. A few of the first couple of levels are actually relatively easy on Crushing, and you can probably knock them out with randoms. It's the levels with bosses that will be a massive pain in the ass, and you'll probably need some pros to help carry you.

If you are still worried about it, play it on an alt account. I enjoyed Uncharted 4 much, much more than the original trilogy and I'm glad I finally played it.