I am a completionist, should I avoid this game?

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2018 at 5:29 PM, UlvenFenrir said:

Youre kinda contradicting yourself. You say youre a completionist but at the same time youre asking if you should avoid uncharted 4. Last time i checked, a completionist is someone who likes a challenge and wants to do everything a game has to offer. If you want to absolutely attain your 100% profile and dont want to frustrate yourself, avoid uncharted 4. But by doing so youll rip yourself off the enjoyment of a good game and possibly other great games in the future if youre that worried.

your 100% doesnt mean youre a completionist if you avoid certain games. To me, anyone who takes on challenges and strive to 100% the majority of the games they play is a completionist to me, not people who avoid frustrating/hard games.

Uncharted 4 is basically a must buy exclusive at this point. You can get the game for fairly cheap if you shop around, but I assume most of everyone here has already beaten the game and moved on.

Your post shouldn't be restricted to games that are fairly time consuming and have bugs/glitches such as Mad Max, or games that have a few challenges that will require some skill like Batman: Arkham Knight. Arkham Knight is one of my proudest 100 percent games that I've done beyond just the platinum because it has 110 trophies. But there are games that are much more difficult and those completionists who do finish those games are the ones I can tip my hat to. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus was brought up countless times last year because of it's Mein Leben trophy, people bitched and complained about it because they felt they would never attain a trophy where it's basically a one chance run. I definitely know you have the platinum for this game and I plan to go after this game at some point.

When your list is essentially hundreds of platinums and 100 percents that are ridiculously easy to complete that just tells me you don't like challenges and you specifically avoid certain games. I see tons of people who have this kind of list and I too had this list for a while, but I've started to play more games that are more worthy of my time. Anyone can whore out trophies if they had the time and money. If I had $5000 - 10000 lying around I would probably do the same thing, stack a bunch of Japanese visual novels where it's basically smashing the X button to get the trophies as quick as possible to get a sub 30 minute platinum.

On 8/20/2018 at 9:50 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

With all due respect, you are not a Completionist.

A Completionist is a trophy hunter who challenges themself to complete as much as they can of every game they play - not one who picks specific games, knowing the 100% won’t be a challenge.

There is nothing inherently wrong with doing the latter, but there is a distinct difference between the two approaches that should be acknowledged.

One is a Completionist, the other is a Cherry-Picker.

Can't help but agree wholeheartedly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

Uncharted 4 is basically a must buy exclusive at this point. You can get the game for fairly cheap if you shop around, but I assume most of everyone here has already beaten the game and moved on.

Your post shouldn't be restricted to games that are fairly time consuming and have bugs/glitches such as Mad Max, or games that have a few challenges that will require some skill like Batman: Arkham Knight. Arkham Knight is one of my proudest 100 percent games that I've done beyond just the platinum because it has 110 trophies. But there are games that are much more difficult and those completionists who do finish those games are the ones I can tip my hat to. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus was brought up countless times last year because of it's Mein Leben trophy, people bitched and complained about it because they felt they would never attain a trophy where it's basically a one chance run. I definitely know you have the platinum for this game and I plan to go after this game at some point.

When your list is essentially hundreds of platinums and 100 percents that are ridiculously easy to complete that just tells me you don't like challenges and you specifically avoid certain games. I see tons of people who have this kind of list and I too had this list for a while, but I've started to play more games that are more worthy of my time. Anyone can whore out trophies if they had the time and money. If I had $5000 - 10000 lying around I would probably do the same thing, stack a bunch of Japanese visual novels where it's basically smashing the X button to get the trophies as quick as possible to get a sub 30 minute platinum.

Can't help but agree wholeheartedly.

Your post confuses me. You quoted me but youre talking to the op??

I consider myself a completionist as well and I have only been able to get 96% BUT its the absolute perfect ending to the Uncharted Series and to be honest it was screwed by Overwatch out of GOTY. It is easily a 9/10 game. Also I think having a game on my profile knowing I won't ever be able to 100% has helped me with my OCD on games. Not to mention the trophies you are referring to are hard but not impossible to get. It will take time, dedication, and good team chemistry/knowledge to get 3 stars. I think there is a difference between very hard and impossible. U4 is very hard to 100% while James Bond Bloodstone IS impossible now.

1 hour ago, Phrema said:

@adverse_eventYour idea of gaming is flawed. I used to think just like you back in my 'trophy completion' BS days. It's not worth it to preclude yourself the possibility of truly enjoying a memorable experience JUST because 'oh I really don't think I'm man enough to step outside of my comfort zone and challenge myself' type of thinking. You will grow up eventually. Just keep in my mind that nobody gives a damn about your fancy numbers. And to top it off, there's ALWAYS someone who can put you to shame. Peace.

Then why are you here? 

It sounds like you don’t even enjoy trophy hunting yet you’re saying numbers don’t mean anything. 

Trophy hunters are a slim minority amongst millions of gamers who just beat the story of a game and move on. 

Doesn’t matter what profession or hobby you pursue, there will always be someone who puts you to shame. I’m not even going to try to prove anything on my account because frankly I play for fun, trophies are just what I enjoy doing. 

With that attitude, you may as well find something else for your time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't do it. It's not about skill. It's about the way it was made more difficult. When I realized the difficulty of the trophy was manipulated around having players buy stupid microtransactions I threw up. I have the 100%, but again, avoid it. Game's also super overrated. Only Uncharted worth playing is number 2 w/o it's mp.

• Like 1

On 20/11/2018 at 4:33 AM, Firmamentou said:

Yes you should. Avoid it or regret 'bout it. 

You're completely wrong, man. That's just fear mongering - which will cause people not to buy this phenomenal game... Please don't misinform people due to your own experience. According to your Trophy list, you haven't even touched Survival. Trust me, when you reach the max level cap; which is easy, you get a lot of extra health and higher damage output, and when you have increased your weapon levels to max (5) - things become not so much of a challenge anymore as your weapons will also output a higher damage with levels maxed out.

With the comment that I made just before yours, it already explains that you can get the "...It" Trophy so easily by just following my exploit guides.

The Speedrun and Sharpshooter Trophies from the Base game can also be exploited by playing the vanilla disc version w/o any of the updates installed.

These things make the Platinum and 100% Trophy completion: a cake walk.

The only thing that's in my way personally that's stopping me from obtaining the Platinum Trophy is merely the collectibles as it's extremely boring and tedious to clean up; I'll do it eventually. There's just so much Treasure, Journal Notes, Journal Entries and Optional Conversations to collect - that literally is the single most difficult thing to do - JUST COLLECTIBLES!!!!

Get this game and be proud when you unlock that Platinum and 100% Trophy completion with relative ease!

Trust me.

Edited by J-S_93
Formatting.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, J-S_93 said:

Hi,

I have video guides on YouTube of Stages 1 - 9 on Crushing and Stage 10 on Hard; it'll suffice for now. Make sure you watch Stage 4, before you watch Stage 10 as it explains key things.

The videos may help as they explain the exploits - how to use and perform them as well as showing you where all the good locations are. And this all works on the latest patch.

Easily the most helpful video guides for people that want to exploit the Warlords and go out of map in Stage 9; making it a lot easier. 

You'll be able to earn the "...It" Trophy as painlessly possible.

Link to my videos guide playlist on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLerzqctZyNWcHyr-_X3CmGn5B4pFTmaeq

Neat, will have to check those out.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, J-S_93 said:

Please don't misinform people due to your own experience.

Are you serious? It's not just one person's experience. You know there's threads all over the Internet about Survival being p2w and stuff? Even in this site's Survival guide it says that "This DLC is strongly designed for micro-transactions". You're the one misinforming people here. 

On 21/11/2018 at 8:59 AM, Merlarva said:

Are you serious? It's not just one person's experience. You know there's threads all over the Internet about Survival being p2w and stuff? Even in this site's Survival guide it says that "This DLC is strongly designed for micro-transactions". You're the one misinforming people here. 

Yes, the DLC is pay to win and this is mentioned throughout my video guides.

But once you pay, you do actually win and it's quite easy, 3 stars on Crushing Survival mode that is.

And the reason for that response of mine, the one you have quoted, was aimed at the very statement of avoiding the game because of this particular mode.

This game should not be avoided at all; it's too good to miss out on.

Survival is easy once you look past the fact that you have to pay to win, and once you have paid and own the necessary microtransaction DLC, the whole entire thing is a cake walk.

I have been in talks with the guide writer of the Survival guide you're referring to, the guide by: djippps, and he's looking through my videos and is considering adding them to his guide. 

I am not trying to misinform - only to help, and I do not want people avoiding this game what so ever; especially not for ridiculous reasons such as: 'it's too hard' and 'don't want to ruin my 100% completion', because A] you won't, and B] as I've already said numerous times - Survival, 3 stars on Crushing is very easy and actually a lot of fun when you're exploiting its different Stages; especially when you have two friends with you who know the same methods you're using.

And, of course, YES, Survival CAN be VERY HARD if you play LEGIT and/or SOLO, without using any exploits, but why wouldn't you use them? The only reasons I can think of why you wouldn't exploit this mode is either A] you don't know about the exploits and how to use them or B] you actually want to play legit.

Now, if you don't know about the exploits and you want to learn more about them to make your Survival life so, so, so much easier, then feel free at your leisure of course, to check out my Uncharted 4 Survival guide videos on my YouTube channel.

Furthermore, someone that has zero Trophies in Survival I.E someone who has either barely or not even touched that part of the game mode at all, should NOT tell people to avoid this game, just because they haven't personally went through it or haven't beaten it themselves yet, or think it's too difficult, as they've not even invested adequately enough of their time into that specific mode to even have a valid opinion about it in the first place. That is my point is all.

And, absolutely no disrespect to anyone. I hope this doesn't come across in the wrong way and I hope my words are not misinterpreted or misconstrued in any way.

Edit: Please read what 'CannibalX666X' has said.

The method he mentioned is what my video guides teach you how to do.

Edited by J-S_93
Formatting.
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 17/08/2018 at 8:54 PM, adverse_event said:

Before the pitchforks come out about avoiding a game because of trophies I'll apologize, but it's just the way I am, I strive to complete every game 100%.  Furthermore I have a backlog of unplayed games 10 miles long right now so don't need a new game.  However I see UC4 is currently on sale and I have enjoyed Naughty Dog titles.  Is that on "...it" trophy going to drive me insane to the point of wishing I never started the game?  I like challenging trophies, such as Grounded in TloU for example but from what I have heard this trophy is nearly impossible since the latest patches, and is just driving people mad.  Opinions appreciated, thank you. 

YES. 

Never in your life play this godamn piece of s game, this is the only game on PS4 That I don’t have 100% because of this survival bs. 

Never put that game on your account. 

fresquinho.png

Edited by fresquinho

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/03/2019 at 1:56 AM, fresquinho said:

YES. 

Never in your life play this godamn piece of s game, this is the only game on PS4 That I don’t have 100% because of this survival bs. 

Never put that game on your account. 

Well forget everything I said LMAO, I ended up getting all the trophies from the DLC tonight, I’m so proud of me and my team, we went trough hell with this and finally we did it. 

Basically if ANYONE is a completionist and wants to play Uncharted 4 be ready because you need to be very skilled, you also need to waste like 70 plus hours with this and have a freaking awesome team. 

fresquinho.png

Edited by fresquinho
  • Like 2

Just to add to this discussion, and to hopefully encourage others in the future, absolutely go for the full 100%. I was able to clear all the way through stage 1-10 in survival in just under an hour and 30 minutes thanks to two passionate veteran players who I ran into on a whim.

Yes, you will need to pull your weight, and practice a ton, if you follow the video guide here, you'll gain a lot of muscle-memory in the process. There's a lot of farming to be done before you begin crushing, but chances are if you reached crushing at all, you're more than likely able to clear the rest of the stages, especially with a good team and a fair amount of Clever Usage of Game Mechanics TM

Edited by shananiganyo
  • Like 1