I am a completionist, should I avoid this game?

4 hours ago, Nitro said:

Yeah. I checked out your profile... Insane time. Congrats.

Easier? I thought in order of difficulty it went UC2, UC3 then UC4. Ended up having to get a speedrunner to help me and a friend out with it because we couldn't beat a couple of Stages with 3 stars.

Well I guess the ranking of difficulty may vary for everyone. Mine is based on the risk of failing the mission/adventure and the possibility to get to a checkpoint alone if your teammates are all dead. 

For others it’s probably based from the experience of their first run in a map, or the trophy difficulty.

31 minutes ago, KingTom95 said:

Lot of people say its heavily designed for micro transactions while my friend says you actually have no advantage from spending real money.

Can someone explain? 

to get boosters, weapons, heavy weapons and mysticals that are essential to getting 3 stars on survival crushing you will need to unlock chests...the chests cost 2500 purple orbs each...there are 3 daily challenges that replenish every 24 hours ...completing them will net you about 1200 orbs average ...each chest only contains 1-3 items...completing survival missions rewards you with a trivial amount of orbs...like from 5—75...i did the math a while ago so I don't remember exactly but I think you need to open something like 55 chests in total to obtain everything...the items are completely random but thankfully there are no doubles...

there is also a separate (yellow) uncharted currency that can be bought with real money that allows you to open chests at will...this can drastically increase the time to get all the necessary weapons so the people you know are correct in saying it is heavily designed for microtransactions as far as I'm concerned...despite having an excess of disposable income, I'm not a fan of such "innovations" so grinded out every single item without spending any real money...I have to say, it definitely took a while and I'm not sure if I actually "won" in the end...i did really enjoy the survival mode though so at least there's that...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KingTom95 said:

Lot of people say its heavily designed for micro transactions while my friend says you actually have no advantage from spending real money.

Can someone explain? 

Yes, your friend is wrong, just like the people who also claim The Last of Us Multiplayer doesn't have a pay to win system in place. Math aside, the person who posted below you did a good job explaining how your friend is wrong.

You can only queue for crushing difficulty if you've beaten survival on hard, which means you'll only run into crazy good players.

If you are able to nail hard difficulty in Survival mode, there's a hardcore community of Crushing players who are always online. I originally completed all 10 hard stages alone, but if you can get past there the 100% is yours. 

I ran into some insane players right away, and they carried me through all ten stages at 3-stars each within an hour.

Edited by Grample_Gust

1 hour ago, effdeegee said:

It's a great game, actually. Not to mention it's 100x better than any game you've ever produced.

He doesnt have a single SP trophy in U4, you can easily ignore guys like him. The fact that he considers his own subjective opinion as an objective fact makes his opinion absolutely worthless in the first place. Everyone has at least 2-3 objectively good/great games they cant stand. For example,  I dont like dark souls 1 and the mass effect trilogy even though I am a huge RPG fan but I wouldnt go and claim that those games arent good games.

Many people dont have the ability to rate games objectively , many people have a black-white thinking and I dont even want to talk about all those people making a big fuss about every minor issue/flaw. As a result of this many player reviews are just as useless to me as "professional" reviews.

Edited by GoDBoss173
  • Like 2

On 5/12/2020 at 9:55 PM, effdeegee said:

It's a great game, actually. Not to mention it's 100x better than any game you've ever produced.

t. person with literal brain damage.

Guess I need to be a five star chef in order to tell someone they undercooked something. Are you fucking serious?

On 5/12/2020 at 11:16 PM, GoDBoss173 said:

The fact that he considers his own subjective opinion as an objective fact makes his opinion absolutely worthless in the first place.

An objective opinion is the franchise peaked at 2 and has gone downhill ever since. So get the fuck out of my face with your zoomer Chinese cartoon bullshit.

• Like 1

On 12-5-2020 at 1:04 AM, ProfBambam55 said:

to get boosters, weapons, heavy weapons and mysticals that are essential to getting 3 stars on survival crushing you will need to unlock chests...the chests cost 2500 purple orbs each...there are 3 daily challenges that replenish every 24 hours ...completing them will net you about 1200 orbs average ...each chest only contains 1-3 items...completing survival missions rewards you with a trivial amount of orbs...like from 5—75...i did the math a while ago so I don't remember exactly but I think you need to open something like 55 chests in total to obtain everything...the items are completely random but thankfully there are no doubles...

there is also a separate (yellow) uncharted currency that can be bought with real money that allows you to open chests at will...this can drastically increase the time to get all the necessary weapons so the people you know are correct in saying it is heavily designed for microtransactions as far as I'm concerned...despite having an excess of disposable income, I'm not a fan of such "innovations" so grinded out every single item without spending any real money...I have to say, it definitely took a while and I'm not sure if I actually "won" in the end...i did really enjoy the survival mode though so at least there's that...

You can buy the stuff you actually want with that yellow currency instead of using the chests with random drops :) 

I had some from the pre-order back in the day and used it for the asgard shield.

Edited by Kolm

Avoid this game if you are a 100 percent completionist.

I will probably never get those last two trophies needed for 100 percent, and I'm perfectly fine with that. If I went for every game on my list to 100 percent, my hair would be all grey by this point.

On 5/15/2020 at 11:40 AM, GoDBoss173 said:

Unfortunately you didnt claim that U2 is the best game

I literally just did in my fallow up post. I simply stated an opinion about one game in a single sentence, this doesn't somehow mean I have no opinion about anything else outside of that first sentence. Was I supposed to get all hysterical and write a five page essay about the entire franchise? (BTW, you didn't try to deny that UC2 is better.)

you claimed that U4 isnt a good one without even playing the SP, which is far from being an objective opinion.

First, you're the one claiming I've never played UC4. Second, if I have formulated an opinion without even having played it myself, wouldn't that be the most objective opinion? Wouldn't the most logical assertion be that I'm pooling the "objective" consensus about something I apparently haven't played from an average of multiple other peoples opinions? So wouldn't you be the one with the subjective bias?

what did I expect from an aggressive clown like you? Being aggressive without any reason is just a sign of low intelligence, jumping to idiotic conclusions is another one. Pretty hilarious that someone like you is going around calling other people brain damaged, what a joke.

I literally said two sentences and you're over here dropping paragraphs. Who was really being aggressive?

If you cant handle harmless opinions or critics

Says the guy losing his shit...

That said, I drop out of this "conversation" because replying to your crap is nothing more than a waste of time and brain cells. I wish you a nice day.

Not really a conversation when you're just sperging all by yourself. Unfortunately you won't get back your time that you wasted but the upside is you never really had to worry about losing too many brain cells. Auf Wiedersehen. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

I literally just did in my fallow up post. I simply stated an opinion about one game in a single sentence, this doesn't somehow mean I have no opinion about anything else outside of that first sentence. Was I supposed to get all hysterical and write a five page essay about the entire franchise? (BTW, you didn't try to deny that UC2 is better.)

First, you're the one claiming I've never played UC4. Second, if I have formulated an opinion without even having played it myself, wouldn't that be the most objective opinion? Wouldn't the most logical assertion be that I'm pooling the "objective" consensus about something I apparently haven't played from an average of multiple other peoples opinions? So wouldn't you be the one with the subjective bias?

I literally said two sentences and you're over here dropping paragraphs. Who was really being aggressive?

Says the guy losing his shit...

Not really a conversation when you're just sperging all by yourself. Unfortunately you won't get back your time that you wasted but the upside is you never really had to worry about losing too many brain cells. Auf Wiedersehen. 

How embarrassing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

You have done nothing trophy wise since Uncharted 3 last year, for the PS3.

Your About Me says you're done with Uncharted 4. So you didn't even touch Survival Mode. So what's your point?

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Your About Me says you're done with Uncharted 4. So you didn't even touch Survival Mode. So what's your point?

I just dropped my opinion that UC4 was bad. That was my point. There's no cryptic hidden meaning. I was pretty straight forward.
My bad, was this meant to be an echo chamber where people simp over a game that puts more emphasis on cinematic sequences than actual quality gameplay?

2 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

Why should I? I never said that U4 is better than U2, IMO U2 is the best game of the series. You wrote that U4 is a bad game without ANY reasoning or explanation. That IS a worthless opinion, nobody expected a five page essay. The moment someone disagreed or called you out, you replied with stuff like:

"t. person with literal brain damage. "

"So get the fuck out of my face with your zoomer Chinese cartoon bullshit. "

Of course thats not a conversation, it is kindergarten.

So explain to me how calling you an aggressive clown (sorry but you act like one)  is even close to the stuff you wrote but of course I am the aggressive guy losing his shit. You are quite a delusional hypocrite living in your own dream world, arent you?You have proven pretty much all my points, thanks for that.

Edited by GoDBoss173

17 minutes ago, GoDBoss173 said:

Why should I? I never said that U4 is better than U2, IMO U2 is the best game of the series. You wrote that U4 is a bad game without ANY reasoning and explanation. That IS a worthless opinion, nobody expected a five page essay. The moment someone disagreed or called you out, you replied with stuff like:

"So get the fuck out of my face with your zoomer Chinese cartoon bullshit. "

You actually agree with my UC2 opinion, without acknowledging UC2 was the basis for my opinion on UC4. Then you straight omit the fact I mentioned UC2? Well this arc took a weird turn in a short amount of time.

30 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

You actually agree with my UC2 opinion, without acknowledging UC2 was the basis for my opinion on UC4. Then you straight omit the fact I mentioned UC2? Well this arc took a weird turn in a short amount of time.

Your original comment was, I quote:

"People think UC4 is a good game, uh. "

That was the comment my original post was refering to. When I said that such an opinion is worthless ( which it is) without any explanation, you lashed out. The first time you mentioned U2 was AFTER my post when you said that U2 was the peak and the U3/U4 were weaker.

"without acknowledging UC2 was the basis for my opinion on UC4"

So thinking that U2 > U4 automatically means that U4 isnt a good game? What kind of logic is that?

Well I was right, what a waste of time. Lets just drop it.

Edited by GoDBoss173

8 minutes ago, GoDBoss173 said:

Your original comment was, I quote:

"People think UC4 is a good game, uh. "

That was the comment my original post was refering to. When I said that such an opinion is worthless ( which it is) without any explanation, you lashed out. The first time you mentioned U2 was AFTER my post when you said that U2 was the peak and the U3/U4 were weaker.

"without acknowledging UC2 was the basis for my opinion on UC4"

So thinking that U2 > U4 automatically means that U4 isnt a good game? What kind of logic is that? Well I was right, what a waste of time.

I gave my opinion, gave a supporting reason, then you deflected and then ignored it.

UC2 matters because to know what is bad you must know what is good. UC2 did everything this franchise should be doing to the best of its ability. Focus primarily on gameplay, good stage design, dynamic set pieces that don't feel tacked on and compliment the gameplay.

• Like 1