I am a completionist, should I avoid this game?

44 minutes ago, bunshing said:

for the stair glitch, working only for the host, i read somewhere that the non-hosts must die after you killed the warlord and buy anything at the arsenal. It should work afterwards.

I did not try it, so  i can't confirm. But it's something to try

It’s always 50% chance for getting 3 stars for all players.

Edited by ravi_singh060989

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/17/2018 at 2:54 PM, adverse_event said:

Before the pitchforks come out about avoiding a game because of trophies I'll apologize, but it's just the way I am, I strive to complete every game 100%.  Furthermore I have a backlog of unplayed games 10 miles long right now so don't need a new game.  However I see UC4 is currently on sale and I have enjoyed Naughty Dog titles.  Is that on "...it" trophy going to drive me insane to the point of wishing I never started the game?  I like challenging trophies, such as Grounded in TloU for example but from what I have heard this trophy is nearly impossible since the latest patches, and is just driving people mad.  Opinions appreciated, thank you. 

Pitchforks were already out, sorry dude. Avoiding a game because of trophies, smh.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6-8-2020 at 11:03 PM, Wild-Arms-R said:

Yep, what ppl dont realize the morr you avoid challanges, the more likely you are to fail at simi difficult games.

Thats why I dont really bother with hard or easy, i play for fun

I liked the uncharted games (2 was really the best) so obviously i wanted to play 4 as well, i know that survival thing is gonna be a way hard thing to do, but its that 'get good' thing that i like about trophyhunting, makes ya feel that much better if you really need to accomplish something rather than dinging 25 trophies in an hour

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AdruA_ said:

Thats why I dont really bother with hard or easy, i play for fun

I liked the uncharted games (2 was really the best) so obviously i wanted to play 4 as well, i know that survival thing is gonna be a way hard thing to do, but its that 'get good' thing that i like about trophyhunting, makes ya feel that much better if you really need to accomplish something rather than dinging 25 trophies in an hour

Im pretty much the same here man, I dont care if a game has a hard, easy or whatever kind of trophy list.

As long as the game looks fun and Im intrested in it, im gonna play the game.

And tbh, no one knows if a game really is out of thier league(in trems of skill) to plat/100%'d.

So for for someone to actully go out of thier way to reaserch if a game is too hard for them to achive all trophies and then to avoid the game all together is pretty sad.

If your npt willing to tuff out games you legit take a liking too, then why are you even trophy hunting to begin with? 

May as well be someone who just play games casually at that point, I mean you already would be half why there anyways. lol

Edited by Wild-Arms-R

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2018 at 4:29 PM, Sergen said:

Now this is the kind of completionist I hate to see. It's also the example of why I hate seeing people give so much praise to people who want to keep their completion at 100%.

Completely agree with this. Especially the second sentence. Completion percentage means nothing, other than self satisfaction of someone's OCD. Which is fine. Honestly, imo it's perfectly ok (everyone has ocd to some level or degree).... But people should not brag or give praise, based on completion %.  I know the OP is NOT doing those things.... I'm just talking in general.

Also, the other problem with someone trying to keep their % at 100% is DLC trophies. If someone is trying to keep 100%, they have to buy the DLC to get the trophies.... and that at that point, they're just spending money for the sake of trophies, rather than enjoying the game. I hate this because I feel like that person falls right into the game company's, developers, publishers, etc.  trap of taking advantage of someone's ocd. The companies doing their evil laugh while players spend money just the sake of 100%. Average % (rarity. The one where the lower it is, the better) is the stat people should look at.

Sorry, kind of highjacked this thread to vent lol. But I saw this person's post and was like "omg, yes! they understand... they get it".

On 8/17/2018 at 8:54 PM, adverse_event said:

Before the pitchforks come out about avoiding a game because of trophies I'll apologize, but it's just the way I am, I strive to complete every game 100%.  Furthermore I have a backlog of unplayed games 10 miles long right now so don't need a new game.  However I see UC4 is currently on sale and I have enjoyed Naughty Dog titles.  Is that on "...it" trophy going to drive me insane to the point of wishing I never started the game?  I like challenging trophies, such as Grounded in TloU for example but from what I have heard this trophy is nearly impossible since the latest patches, and is just driving people mad.  Opinions appreciated, thank you. 

Doubt your still checking this thread, but no, you should not avoid this game. A great gaming experience like this should never be avoided just because you may not be get a virtual number next to it on your profile. 

Anyways, the base game trophies are a breeze and the survival trophies are all very doable, especially with the active PSN communities for the game which are full of people who will do the stages with you.

Do yourself a favour and play the game, with a bit of effort you can 100% it no problem! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I also finished the game after my coop-partner (none trophy Hunter) quit. We were able to do everything beside 5 maps on 3 star. I searched and asked advice on forum and boost groups. Some nice ppl helped me, and with a 3 man group it was easier. U have to coordinate item usage and stay mainly alive to res ppl in need while killing and damaging bosses. Seriously u can do it.

I have a lot games in my history I started before actively starting to hunt for trophys. And still managing to platin each of them slowly. Recently Soul calibour 5. Some are really pain in the ass.

Tho I get it. Games that I only have semi interest in or playing with friends for coop fun, I do sometimes switch acc for or check beforehand especially if some trophys are broken. But game I really wanna play I hunt regardless.... 

Example I was warned days gone dlc sucks.... I will still play it tho. Just cuz the game deserve being on my list. 

Edited by x--CosMos--x

• 3 months later...

Ok so finally after years of having Uncarted 4 but never starting the Survival DLC.

I can safely say it is not anywere close to being impossible.

Mind you it does seem like it in the early parts of your joungry to 100% this very fun(and tbh underated mode)

At level 1 your gonna have a hard time just beating stages(epically stages with bosses)

But I promise you just stick with it and struggle tru the them while learning the ins and outs and youll be fine.

It should go without saying but you should start with clearing every stage on modarate 1st then hard, so you can level up, unlock stronger guns, and learn how the mode and its stages work.

Once you have gotten to lv.40 and beat all stages on modarte plus hard.

You should be ready to trackle crushing mode.

Dont stress about getting a lv5 FAL or M14, its honestly not 100% nessusery.

It just helps alot. lol

Make sure to bring two other players who have done all the above steps, that why you have a good chance of 3 staring all 10 stages.

So to make it simple...

Step 1.Clear all stages on Modarate

Step 2.Clear all stages on Hard

Step.3Try to unlock a lv2 FAL or M14(I prefer FAL personally)

Step 4.Find 2 other players who have done step 1-3.

Step 5.Have fun and just learn from your misakes.

And you will max this game out on due time.

And before I end this post let me answer the TC's question.

No a "completionist" shouldnt avoid this game.

This is one of the finest Games on ps4 and everyone should experice it.

Yes survival is step up in difficulty but its pretty fun in its own right and very fun change of pase from the more story driven main game.

Only avoid this game if you(like the TC)

care more about trophies then fun and are obv(based on TC's trophy list)

lack the skill to obatin actual difficult trophies.

• Like 4

It's not as bad as it looks.

When I attempted this two years ago, the hardest part was try to unlock the Crushing difficulty. When I got there, people became way more reliable and strong. If you manage to be part of the right team, it's definetly possible to get it done in no time. Plus, there are plenty of strategic spots in each wave and in each map for facilitating NPCs spawns, as well as some really useful exploits (Boss clipping, OoB in map 9).

Even in a boosting session, if you get paired with people who know their stuff, it's all a matter of time and patience ;)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@Wild-Arms-R by reading your steps, it appears the guide here is not bad-written ?. Concerning the level of the guns, I agree lvl 4 seems enough (level 5 only allows more ammo and it is mainly helpful for special waves like siege in Stage 10). Nevertheless, with guns level 1-3, I believe the difficulty for 3 stars increases a lot. And as you said, a lot depend on your teammates (both their level and team behavior).

Edited by djippps

In my opinion, the main issue with this Trophy is not the difficulty of getting the 3 stars on Crushing itself, but unlocking the Crushing difficulty and be fully ready for it, because it is kinda grinding to be prepared for attempting the 3 stars... But once you are, it's kinda a breeze, you have basically done 3/4 of the job. When you have reached level 40, got weapons at level 5 and you know how the levels work/ how enemies spawn (You should know these things, since at this point you should have played the levels several times with randoms) and even if you are only halfway decent, there are several pro players who can help you, because they know the levels better and know how to activate very useful glitches. I am sure that the Trophy would me much more common, if it was possible to attempt the 3 stars of crushing right away, without having to level up. If you are able to unlock Crushing difficulty, you will most likely unlock the Trophy. I mean, I even left one of the most difficult levels for last because I wanted to hit a milestone with the Trophy, I was really confident I would have made it, and in fact I did.

By the way, I agree, skipping games due to hard/unobtainable Trophies or playing them with an alt is kinda sad to me. I would never do that.

• Like 1

Besides the initial multi-hour grind of levelling up yourself and certain weapons, it's not that bad IF you find a great team of players. Once I had done my part of being fully prepared rank-wise and knowing "what to do" in each level, having two veteran partners with me made all the difference in the World. I found my team here on PSNProfiles.

• Like 1