I am a completionist, should I avoid this game?

On 1/5/2021 at 4:01 AM, FawltyPowers said:

I did all this solo over November and December. Highly addictive, enjoyable and a great challenge

On 1/5/2021 at 4:46 AM, Wild-Arms-R said:

I honestly believe its easier solo to 3 star Crushing, if you have a lv.5 FAL at least.

I guess I CAN get those last two trophies afterall.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Your profile doesn't distinguish between games that aren't there because you're avoiding their trophies, and games that aren't there because you're just not interested in them. The effect ends up being the same: the game being absent. So go ahead and avoid it if it's too hard.

Those criticising him for avoiding a game due to difficulty probably aren't completionists themselves, and don't understand how extreme difficulty can take a toll on a person's mental well being. I've seriously considered suicide because of how difficult some trophies can be. Finally making it through the trophy might be why I'm still alive today.

Edited by me_is_caveman
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

This comment scared me.

Well that's how it feels for me to attempt hard trophies as a completionist! Like I would rather be dead than have to do this! So if you say "don't avoid games because of hard trophies" that's what might end up happening to me when doing a hard trophy!

It's not just a trophy for me, it's my sense of self worth as a human being. That I'm actually competent at something and can do it well. I don't get that from anything else in life.

19 minutes ago, me_is_caveman said:

Well that's how it feels for me to attempt hard trophies as a completionist! Like I would rather be dead than have to do this! So if you say "don't avoid games because of hard trophies" that's what might end up happening to me when doing a hard trophy!

It's not just a trophy for me, it's my sense of self worth as a human being. That I'm actually competent at something and can do it well. I don't get that from anything else in life.

Hey man, you do you. I've got a few games I keep pushing back because I don't wan't to play multiplayer.  Of course, I've got so many games piled up untouched that it's easy to move on from having to replay 30 or so Assassin's Creed levels to get that 100%.

On 2.2.2021 at 1:10 PM, Demon--Prototype said:

The irony..

Every self proclaimed "completionist" shouts it to the world, or puts it in their "about me" sections. Yet the vast majority either A: Don't have 100% completion or B: Are too afraid to play anything challenging..

Who says a completionist has to have 100% completion all the time? For me, the word means that I aim to complete all games I play, but I dont have to do it right away. I am not afraid to play anything, and my goal is to play everything that appeal to me, but will take my time with it till I feel like completing it. Still, doesnt it make me a completionist, just because I dont have 100%, or anywhere close at the moment? As long as you want to complete everything, and that is your goal, I think it qualifies calling yourself a completionist.

On 2018-08-17 at 1:54 PM, adverse_event said:

Before the pitchforks come out about avoiding a game because of trophies I'll apologize, but it's just the way I am, I strive to complete every game 100%.  Furthermore I have a backlog of unplayed games 10 miles long right now so don't need a new game.  However I see UC4 is currently on sale and I have enjoyed Naughty Dog titles.  Is that on "...it" trophy going to drive me insane to the point of wishing I never started the game?  I like challenging trophies, such as Grounded in TloU for example but from what I have heard this trophy is nearly impossible since the latest patches, and is just driving people mad.  Opinions appreciated, thank you. 

2+ years late? Yup. But this thread was just recently replied to so whatever. 
It’s currently 2021, almost 5 years after the game launched (less time for the Survival content). And my opinion is it really depends on the type of completion you are.

if you’re like Jirard (The Completionist YouTuber) and spend hundreds of dollars to “complete” the multiplayer, then this game would be an instant pass.

if you’re someone who only cares for the platinum, this game isn’t very challenging & has an incredibly well made trophy list. The multiplayer trophies aren’t Grundy nor tedious.

however, if you’re someone who likes to get DLC trophies too the game considerably jumps upwards in the ‘Pass on this game’ category. The survival mode (which can be quite easily completed if you get high skilled individuals to carry you.) is honestly Pay to Win and if you’re trying to solo complete it all (or complete it with a bunch of also “noobish” friends) it’ll be considerably difficult.

It really depends what you’re trying to accomplish, because if you’re just in it for the single player I’d highly, highly recommend. But as soon as it starts delving into the Survival trophies/online in-game completion it gets murky.

On 2/2/2021 at 6:01 AM, me_is_caveman said:

Dude I’m just gonna be honest.

If video games ever make you feel that stressed and your not even getting paid. 
Then you really need to do some soul searching so you can understand what real problems are.

No disrespect to feeling the that way, cus I know ppl suffer from all sorts of problems.

But as a 28 year old dude who has faced so many non gaming issues.

Some witch have made me wish I was honestly dead. 
I can tell you, this is 100% a problem you need to work on.

Its not healthy and it’s not ok to feel like that.

Gaming or otherwise.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 3

On 8/17/2018 at 10:54 PM, adverse_event said:

Before the pitchforks come out about avoiding a game because of trophies I'll apologize, but it's just the way I am, I strive to complete every game 100%.  Furthermore I have a backlog of unplayed games 10 miles long right now so don't need a new game.  However I see UC4 is currently on sale and I have enjoyed Naughty Dog titles.  Is that on "...it" trophy going to drive me insane to the point of wishing I never started the game?  I like challenging trophies, such as Grounded in TloU for example but from what I have heard this trophy is nearly impossible since the latest patches, and is just driving people mad.  Opinions appreciated, thank you. 

Honestly, If I can do it, I think anyone can, with a good team and strategy, and in some cases, usage of the stairs glitch, it's pretty straight forwards. This is a challenge sure, and kinda difficult, but it may take a few weeks of grinding for better gear, leveling, and of course practice and attempts. Stages 6 and 8 were the hardest for me and my team, as the bosses didn't die easily with the stair glitch, as it was not consistent on those stages with those bosses. It took my team and I two days to do stage 6 a full 12 hour day each day to perfect our run, day 1 was attempting the stair glitch to little success, and when we did succeed it was far too late for 3 stars but we practiced. Then day 2, we tried a legit method hanging off of a cliff. For that method, I had to, unfortunately, fork out three dollars to Neil Cuckmann to buy a special perk to let me have infinite pistol ammo in order to finish him off without running to an ammo box and ruining the spot or dying. The feeling of happiness when it was over, just getting those stages done was so rewarding. 

A friend and I did this together, we knew we needed a third guy so we used PSNP, here's where I met a random man, who just so happened to attempt the trophy at the same time as me. We met him through a random PSN message group and he just so happened to be online at the same time. We started playing and everything was normal at first, I thought we'd help each other out and then we'd be done with each other and go our separate ways, as most do when boosting, however, this was different. After everything we've been through, the three of us had been bonded for life. He's one of the nicest people I know and I'm proud to say he's one of my best friends, and that's why no matter how much bullshit that trophy caused, I have fond memories of it since I made a good friend along the way and we were able to overcome a challenge together. I fucking hate the trophy, but I love it so much as well for what it's given me.

Wait... What was the question again? oh yeah... Um... Probably should go for it, if you like a challenge, but the survival alone will take maybe 2 weeks of grinding.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

Honestly, If I can do it, I think anyone can, with a good team and strategy, and in some cases, usage of the stairs glitch, it's pretty straight forwards. This is a challenge sure, and kinda difficult, but it may take a few weeks of grinding for better gear, leveling, and of course practice and attempts. Stages 6 and 8 were the hardest for me and my team, as the bosses didn't die easily with the stair glitch, as it was not consistent on those stages with those bosses. It took my team and I two days to do stage 6 a full 12 hour day each day to perfect our run, day 1 was attempting the stair glitch to little success, and when we did succeed it was far too late for 3 stars but we practiced. Then day 2, we tried a legit method hanging off of a cliff. For that method, I had to, unfortunately, fork out three dollars to Neil Cuckmann to buy a special perk to let me have infinite pistol ammo in order to finish him off without running to an ammo box and ruining the spot or dying. The feeling of happiness when it was over, just getting those stages done was so rewarding. 

A friend and I did this together, we knew we needed a third guy so we used PSNP, here's where I met a random man, who just so happened to attempt the trophy at the same time as me. We met him through a random PSN message group and he just so happened to be online at the same time. We started playing and everything was normal at first, I thought we'd help each other out and then we'd be done with each other and go our separate ways, as most do when boosting, however, this was different. After everything we've been through, the three of us had been bonded for life. He's one of the nicest people I know and I'm proud to say he's one of my best friends, and that's why no matter how much bullshit that trophy caused, I have fond memories of it since I made a good friend along the way and we were able to overcome a challenge together. I fucking hate the trophy, but I love it so much as well for what it's given me.

Wait... What was the question again? oh yeah... Um... Probably should go for it, if you like a challenge, but the survival alone will take maybe 2 weeks of grinding.

At 1st I felt like that, but just being straight here man survival really isn’t that hard or even grindy.

It took me like 30hrs(playing UC4 Survival 1hr each day)

And to me the hardest part is just beating moderate in the beginning.

Crushing stages are still a challenge, but with two complement teammates(not UC gods btw)it’s very possible.

Also I think the modes hella fun and very underrated.

Edit:Oops sorry man, quoted the wrong person.?

Edited by Wild-Arms-R

For me, some of the best and most fun times I've had playing the Uncharted series were the coop maps, be it survival in UC4 or the adventure maps in UC2 and UC3 for the PS3. I would recommend everyone play it for themselves first instead of shying away from it just because of how challenging it seems (though the challenge makes it even more fun, imo).

Edited by YairGOW
  • Like 2