I am a completionist, should I avoid this game?

On 1/14/2021 at 11:43 PM, AJ_Radio said:

I guess I CAN get those last two trophies afterall.

Hey...I was just working on my backlog of stuff and ran the brutals for the remasters and got the Platinum for 4. Now starting to work on level building and paths for survival. It will probably take me about 2 weeks to get up to par...but if you want to roll with me when I go for it outright...we can definitely make that happen. Let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

The solo game on Crushing and the Survival is absolutely not hard. ANYONE can finish it. The Uncharted trilogy on Brutal was way harder. The problem with UT4 is clearly not the difficulty, it's the fact that you have multiplayer trophies which are the worst cause they can be buggy. I used to have a very very long streak of achievements on xbox 360 including Ninja Gaiden, Lost Planet and other hard games, but from time to time when i was playing a multiplayer game, a server disconnection or a glitch happened and i couldn't get the achievement i was supposed to unlock. When it's solo, you can erase your save and start from scratch but when it's on a server, you are just screwed. If you wanna be a completionist, dont go after these ridiculous indy games you can plat in 30 minutes and stack up with different region versions, just take any game you wanna play no matter how hard and if it has MP just play it on a second account (to avoid buggy trophies and/or boosting like an idiot, which requires 0% skill ...)

Edited by Spike_Hostile17

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2018 at 10:54 PM, adverse_event said:

Before the pitchforks come out about avoiding a game because of trophies I'll apologize, but it's just the way I am, I strive to complete every game 100%.  Furthermore I have a backlog of unplayed games 10 miles long right now so don't need a new game.  However I see UC4 is currently on sale and I have enjoyed Naughty Dog titles.  Is that on "...it" trophy going to drive me insane to the point of wishing I never started the game?  I like challenging trophies, such as Grounded in TloU for example but from what I have heard this trophy is nearly impossible since the latest patches, and is just driving people mad.  Opinions appreciated, thank you. 

I just did the ...it trophy solo, I didn't have ps plus so no choice. It was the most bullshit, hardest thing I have ever done ever. So much rng and skill was in play. If you have friends look up a guide and do it with them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/03/2021 at 8:51 AM, rotarynights_ said:

I just did the ...it trophy solo, I didn't have ps plus so no choice. It was the most bullshit, hardest thing I have ever done ever. So much rng and skill was in play. If you have friends look up a guide and do it with them.

Did you get any of the microtransactions?

I read somewhere its significantly harder without them. I dont mind going for the 100% in this but I refuse to be frustrated into paying for microtransactions.

Also does anyone who has done the days gone challenges know if this is easier or harder? Again I dont mind if it is, I just need to mentally prepare.

On 4/4/2021 at 3:42 PM, JediKnight_327 said:

I read somewhere its significantly harder without them. I dont mind going for the 100% in this but I refuse to be frustrated into paying for microtransactions.

Also does anyone who has done the days gone challenges know if this is easier or harder? Again I dont mind if it is, I just need to mentally prepare.

I didn't pay for them, I grinded challenges to get relics and buy the gameplay dlc chest, that was annoying because a lot of the time I would get bullshit instead of ex. harbinger sniper or enchanted radar. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/04/2021 at 8:42 AM, JediKnight_327 said:

took me about a month in total to unlock everything by completing challenges. 

But if we talk about hours play, i would 5h ish to unlock everything (except weapons, i still need a few), considering i played 30 min / 3 days

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-03-17 at 9:51 AM, rotarynights_ said:

I also did everything solo, after all patches that made it harder, and I completely agree it was the hardest thing I've ever done in a game. Doesn't matter if you buy micro transactions or not, doesn't make it easier just less grindy. When playing solo on some stages you have absolutely zero room for errors, you need to get absurdly good at the game or be really lucky. But it was a good game overall 

It's hard very hard and if you want 100% it Will be a pain in the A$$, i don't have the platinum hey but i have all the DLC survival trophy because 2 pro players help me but it's awful, and the base game it's hard too, i think it's the hardest Uncharted and alongside with killzone shadowfall, dreams, lbp 3, gran turismo SPORT , the hardest PS4 EXCLUSIVES games for platinum. 

But do it if you really love it

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 4:54 PM, allestrand said:

I also did everything solo, after all patches that made it harder, and I completely agree it was the hardest thing I've ever done in a game. Doesn't matter if you buy micro transactions or not, doesn't make it easier just less grindy. When playing solo on some stages you have absolutely zero room for errors, you need to get absurdly good at the game or be really lucky. But it was a good game overall 

yeah bro, I was raging so much I said a lot of regrettable stuff ?(I lost my shit at stage 7). I really like survival, just the bullshit and microtransactions shoved into you ruins it. I had to grind challenges to get the hope that I get some useful boosters like enchanted radar and I still had to use glitches on some stages. Now with the free online weekend I'll do the multiplayer trophies and get my 100%. 

I never saw this thread before, and I know it's old news, but although I think a lot of the dissenting opinions of having a 100% account are judgmental at best and almost make me MORE glad I have one, I do also think that if you know there aren't glitched trophies or the 100% isn't locked, you should not let difficulty stand in your way. 

10 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I never saw this thread before, and I know it's old news, but although I think a lot of the dissenting opinions of having a 100% account are judgmental at best and almost make me MORE glad I have one, I do also think that if you know there aren't glitched trophies or the 100% isn't locked, you should not let difficulty stand in your way. 

That's great advice for someone wishing to boost the survival trophies or is trying to learn more about survival mode.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 2:38 PM, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Your account isn’t very good for 100% tbh tho.

But yes your right, no point in doing the whole perfect profile thing if your gonna sec guess every game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Nah that one isn’t very good neither.

Yours is probably better then that and that’s not saying much.

Try BrightBlade76, now that’s a good 100% account.

Hm, I'm not sure I understand your metrics; they seem to do more with quantity of games rather strictly than difficulty/rarity or detail of curation. Can you explain what to you makes a better or worse 100% account?

6 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Hm, I'm not sure I understand your metrics; they seem to do more with quantity of games rather strictly than difficulty/rarity or detail of curation. Can you explain what to you makes a better or worse 100% account?

Well it’s all subjective, and tbh if your having fun who cares.

But to me your account is pretty much 5/10.

You have a lot of 20% platinums with nothing note worthy or anything that puts your profile at risks.

Witch is not only super boring but also defeats the whole point of have 100% to beginning with.

Your hardest game is Dead Nation and that’s hardly a difficult game, but at least your games are mostly solid fun titles so I’m sure you at least enjoyed yourself.

So when you say I’m glad to have a 100% account, I was kinda confused, like your glad to have a no risks simple as hell perfect profile? Lol

Edited by Wild-Arms-R

20 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Well it’s all subjective, and tbh if your having fun who cares.

But to me your account is pretty much 5/10.

You have a lot of 20% platinums with nothing note worthy or anything that puts your profile at risks.

Witch is not only super boring but also defeats the whole point of have 100% to beginning with.

Your hardest game is Dead Nation and that’s hardly a difficult game, but at least your games are mostly solid fun titles so I’m sure you at least enjoyed yourself.

So when you say I’m glad to have a 100% account, I was kinda confused, like your glad to have a no risks simple as hell perfect profile? Lol

I think I see what's happening here now. So first of all, I'm not commenting at all on how extreme my account is in terms of risk of completion. I will say that compared to a lot of people, I already have put myself out there in terms of difficulty but since I was never openly comparing the standard of my games to anyone else I'm not sure why you latched on to that point specifically. Comparatively, the guy you linked did some very impressive things but he also did some very unimpressive things, so I'm not sure what leeway is given in your mind if I did something with a 0.8% plat and then an 80% plat, or if the average rarity is your issue or what (since you didn't really explain yourself). 

I also think you're conflating risk with all other modes of curating a 100% account. Mine is somewhat specific in terms of genre and attention to developer completion. I like Kingdom Hearts, Housemarque,  PS2 games, Dark Souls, and various rpg's and w/e. To me, challenge is not an issue if the game fits the mold of my enjoyment. I'm proud of my account because my account shows me every time I play a game that when I say I'm gonna finish this game that I finish it, and that's what matters to me personally. No game is a risk if you like it enough, except for buggy ones or ones which have impossible plats. That's what I said that you quoted to begin with. You just sound so bitter and combative for some reason. You even responded to a gif, clearly meant to diffuse the situation, with more vitriol. 

10 minutes ago, ONUOsFan said:

Are we looking at the same account? Because this is a fantastic profile: https://psnprofiles.com/Deadly_Ha_Ha

Thank you, that actually really means a lot to hear

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I think I see what's happening here now. So first of all, I'm not commenting at all on how extreme my account is in terms of risk of completion. I will say that compared to a lot of people, I already have put myself out there in terms of difficulty but since I was never openly comparing the standard of my games to anyone else I'm not sure why you latched on to that point specifically. Comparatively, the guy you linked did some very impressive things but he also did some very unimpressive things, so I'm not sure what leeway is given in your mind if I did something with a 0.8% plat and then an 80% plat, or if the average rarity is your issue or what (since you didn't really explain yourself). 

I also think you're conflating risk with all other modes of curating a 100% account. Mine is somewhat specific in terms of genre and attention to developer completion. I like Kingdom Hearts, Housemarque,  PS2 games, Dark Souls, and various rpg's and w/e. To me, challenge is not an issue if the game fits the mold of my enjoyment. I'm proud of my account because my account shows me every time I play a game that when I say I'm gonna finish this game that I finish it, and that's what matters to me personally. No game is a risk if you like it enough, expect for buggy ones or ones which have impossible plats. That's what I said that you quoted to begin with. You just sound so bitter and combative for some reason. You even responded to a gif, clearly meant to diffuse the situation, with more vitriol. 

Thank you, that actually really means a lot to hear

You do know none of this actually matter right? Lol

I’m pretty much sharing my opinion, there is no grand standard to any of this, it’s fucking video games man.??????

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 1