This Game Keeps Freezing My PS3 During The “End Of The Line” Track

Just as the topic title says, At some point while racing this track my PS3 unexpectedly freezes my whole console, making this track unraceable. I honestly don’t know if anyone else has had issues with freezing mid-race in this game. Pretty much every time my PS3 has ever frozen while playing this game was because of this track. It never happened to me once when trying to complete this track for the story trophies but now when I am trying to collect the Motorstorm cards I can’t collect any from this track because of it!

Also my last trophy for the platinum is the one for collecting all 150 of the hidden cards and I do not want to import a save file from the net just to unlock this trophy, even if no one can tell i’ve cheated because i’m one trophy away from getting the platinum and the fact that importing saves does not manipulate timestamps.

I have entered safe mode on my console to restore the file system and deleted all of the game data utility file associated with this game and for some reason when I re-insert the disc with my saved data installed. Apparently for some reason when I want to start the game with no patches installed it says I need to install the game onto my console and so I did. I later found out that this install installs all of the patches (it’s like patches are permanently etched onto discs once downloaded but that’s not how it works) after restarting that chapter from the pro (Tyler’s) festival campaign and have it crash/freeze my console for the third time now!

I feel like I am out of options to go any further to obtain the platinum now with this unknown bug. I really don’t want to start the game over just to get all of the collectables because who knows? This could be a problem to do with my save file. 

I could make the guess that this track crashes every time because it’s too dynamic (too many things going on in the race at once) as so the game just can’t handle it.

Does anyone have anything to say? I could use some advice as to what I could do about this, thanks.

Edited by Skeptical69

Try playing not signed-in/connected to PSN, I think this game issue is with its server info retrieval system. Sometime these games freezes are when your game is trying to sync something with their stupid bad servers.

On 8/18/2018 at 5:00 PM, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Try playing not signed-in/connected to PSN, I think this game issue is with its server info retrieval system. Sometime these games freezes are when your game is trying to sync something with their stupid bad servers.

Ok, i’ll try doing this the next time I play the game. Then i’ll post the results here.

Edited by Skeptical69

Turns out playing offline fixed the issue, but not entirely. My game crashed only once on the “Sea Spray” track but nothing else happened after that...