Buyer beware

det_gittes

I bought this game not only because it was dirt cheap and a platformer, which is a genre I like, but also because of the high completion percentage which promised an easy plat. If there are others who think like me, beware as it is not the easiest and quickest of games - to obtain the platinum I died more than 5000 times (which I only realized now when I looked at the stats for the first time). If I had been playing on the PS4, I would have probably given up on collecting all briefcases, but on the vita I played a few levels every now and then and somehow completed the game but the time investment was miles apart from what I had initially assumed. So if you expect another Devious Dungeon-type of difficulty, this one is definitely 2 or 3 notches higher (although still extremely manageable, as my example shows). This is all not to discourage anyone - the game is fun, the levels only take several seconds at most and there are no loading times for the level replays, which is great. Now that I know the mechanics quite well, I will have to decide whether to start it on the ps4 for the second stack or not :)

The only level i’m struggling with on obtaining platinum on vita is world 2 level 30. Getting to the briefcase isn’t too bad. It’s getting back past those two sets of spikes. 

I didn’t find it overly difficult however obtaining 3 stars in every level. 

But overall it’s a great fun wee game!! 

• Like 1

Yes, this level is one of those which test your patience but in fact, once I figured out what to do exactly, I felt pretty comfortable doing it. The worst part for me is when there are these rotating hammers (?) and there is one which you see and then there is another one below, I screwed up so many times in places like this. And you're right about stars, the three stars are not too bad at all.

Yeah.  The hammers caused me a lot of stupid deaths.  It's easy to 'stick' on the wall a second too long and get hit when you mean to free fall.

Not an easy game, but short enough that it's still, sort of, an easy plat.  2-30 is crazy.  A few of the World 3 levels were annoying too.  I enjoyed it on Vita, not sure if I'd have the patience to stick the PS4 version.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Very enjoyable game and probably a 3/10 for difficultly.  Chapter 2-30 did not cause me too much trouble.  The level that caused me the most deaths was 3-27.  Was well over 100 by the time I got it.  The three hammers and red laser wall at the end of the level caused me way to many death.   

Have completed it on PSVita (just over 3,000 deaths) and PS4 (just over 1,600 deaths).  Practice is your friend with this game.

• Like 1

This was an absolutely awesome game, FYI many deaths are expected, what you fail to mention is that there’s rarely over 10 seconds pass between deaths. I loved every minute of this game, sure you could go slow and steady and reduce your death count by learning the levels. But F that! The game style, the music, the level size, and the three star rating all come together and compell you to try and rush through every level, rush die repeat lol I have no ideas why but this is the only game ever that I actually preferred on vita. 3/10 for difficulty and 2-4 hours completion time, 12/10 fun factor!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Don't know what's wrong with me ('cause i'm very casual player) but i had a problem only with 2-28/2-29 and not with a 2-30 (5-stars on a 3rd try and briefcase in ~30).

Now i'm gonna platinum it and i love it.

Though i will never gonna play it on a PS4.

Edited by Aowba