Suggestion: Replace average completion with platinum rarity

I would like to make a suggestion for replacing the average completion with the platinum rarity on the main game page when you search for a game. I ask for this because when there is multiple stacks of a game and you want to choose the most rare one of them, you would need to click on each version just to find that out. I would think more people care about the rarity of the platinum more than the average completion of a game. For a site that tracks your average rarity and shows your lowest rarity trophies you would think this would be the main thing shown with each game.

If people didn't want that which again I don't see why not then two other suggestions would be to add the stat right next to the average completion. At the very least when you click on a game and it shows the stacks on the right hand side and what version they are, you could show the rarities there. Either way it would be a lot faster for people than clicking on each stack individually.

Edited by HailHale81
  • Like 2

It's pretty easy to tell that the lower the average rarity, the rarer the plat. The average rarity is more useful than just telling the rarity of a plat. It's also an indication of how many individual rare trophies there are. The lower the average rarity, the more rare trophies there. Having more info at a glance is more useful than a single statistic. Since plat rarity is just plat rarity. It could be a UR plat that only has 1 hard to get trophy, or an UR plat that has entirely hard to get trophies. There's no way of knowing from just seeing the plat rarity. I guess if you wanted to add it and have it there in addition to the average, I mean I guess there's nothing wrong with that. It might make it look a little more cluttered, but as long as nothing is getting taken away it's whatever.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

WHy not both?

That's why I said that as another option instead of just replacing haha but I know some people would complain about clutter

24 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

It might make it look a little more cluttered, but as long as nothing is getting taken away it's whatever.

Yeah that's why I also suggested that they could add the rarity next to all the stacks when you click on one version of the game.

I get your point that the lower the percentage means the lower the rarity. My example would be Resident Evil Revelations 2. There isn't that much of a difference in in the completion percentages but there is a big difference in rarity. Two of them being an ultra rare lowest (3.46) and one being a very rare (6.14). With the average completion I had no clue there was that much of a difference in rarity between the ps3 and ps4 version.

• Like 1

I agree, as replace or just add to. I would rather to see the game rarity on the main games section, be quick and easy. If Im interested on it, then I will just click on it to check out the specific trophies or just look at a guide, not very interested on how many people completed it tbh especially since I guess that might include dlc as well I suppose and not a lot of people buy those. But anyways, that is just my opinion. ?

Edited by mapachiniartaud
  • Like 1

I wouldn't say to add the plat rarity, since that only works to some extent (that ignores dlc completion and non-plat games). 

But having the same Plat rarity and "total rarity" that we now have on the individual profiles would be much useful than the average completion. At least for me, since I usually try to go for 100% completion on the games. 

• Like 1