Read this before going for the platinum

Razzee-P

17 minutes ago, Neyaru said:

I don't know about you guys, but if a guide says that nothing is missable, I don't read any trophy description. No need for it, after all.

I would still read the whole guide to make sure I don't miss anything. Usually the trophy description explains why the trophy/trophies are unmissable so it's a good idea to read it and see why it's unmissable.

Also unmissable usually means that you can get the trophy without having to start up a whole new playthrough. Nothing in the description implies that you would have to start the whole game over just to get the trophy. So it is unmissable.

Edited by soultaker655

I see no false information on the guide.

I haven't played the game but the trophy you posted dosen't seem to be missable, only time consuming if you ignore the strange gravitational phenomena during your normal play.

But I agree that a small note could be helpfull in this case.

18 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I see no false information on the guide.

I haven't played the game but the trophy you posted dosen't seem to be missable, only time consuming if you ignore the strange gravitational phenomena during your normal play.

But I agree that a small note could be helpfull in this case.

It's sort of missable for a couple of time if you skip the events. Advising to visit the mining sites as soon as possible after a notification would not hurt.

The issue is that he just deleted my comment without giving this hint on the road-map.

If he had not made that guide, everyone would be forced to use the guide posted you-know-where that contains this vital information.

Also unmissable usually means that you can get the trophy without having to start up a whole new playthrough. Nothing in the description implies that you would have to start the whole game over just to get the trophy. So it is unmissable.

I understand the concept of missable, but the point is not that.

You can conclude by reading the trophy description how important it is, so there is no reason to not alert on the road-map.

The guide posted on the other website is older than his, so anything that comes after is supposed to be an improvement. 

Edited by Neyaru
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neyaru said:

It's sort of missable for a couple of time if you skip the events. Advising to visit the mining sites as soon as possible after a notification would not hurt.

The issue is that he just deleted my comment without giving this hint on the road-map.

If he had not made that guide, everyone would be forced to use the guide posted you-know-where that contains this vital information.

It's sort of missable but not missable. You just have to wait some time before you can get the trophy. So to be exact, he didn't lie in the first roadmap part. I guess not everyone want's to complete a game the fastest way possible, so the may don't mind waiting a few days to get the trophy.

But like I said, I small hint would be nice for people who don't look at the individual trophies of a guide but only at the roadmap part. Or for people who want to complete a game the fastest way possible.

I wound up getting the trophy post-story so I wouldn't really say it's missable, just a bit annoying having to wait for them to pop up again. I can't really comment on them deleting what you said though and not applying it. Kind of rude if you ask me, especially if they gave no reason why but I'll leave it at that.

But I can agree that maybe saying something like "While you can get them as soon as you see them, it might be best to wait until you have upgrades to make it easier" or something along those lines would have been nice.

4 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

I wound up getting the trophy post-story so I wouldn't really say it's missable, just a bit annoying having to wait for them to pop up again. I can't really comment on them deleting what you said though and not applying it. Kind of rude if you ask me, especially if they gave no reason why but I'll leave it at that.

But I can agree that maybe saying something like "While you can get them as soon as you see them, it might be best to wait until you have upgrades to make it easier" or something along those lines would have been nice.

It's not question of minutes, but hours. You will need to boot up the game every 3 hours (minimum) to see if it generated a gravity disturbance in the mining site you want. Closing and opening the game several times or advancing time is in vain. Since the order is random, you can receive a notification about a mining site you already cleared. If it's a mining site you don't need, you can't just ignore it, close the game and open it again later. When I did that, nothing changed, the game graced me with the same events. Besides that, post-game you don't have a lot to do besides jumping around rooftops or trying to break your own records on challenges. lol Very boring to say the least.

• Like 1

It sounds to me like you got fucked because you read the trophy guide word-by-word.

What I do and what I have done for the past year is I look for any missable trophies, because that is important if you're going to be efficient and serious at trophy hunting. Also, don't just use PSNPROFILES for trophy guides, look over at Playstationtrophies.org to see if they have a guide for the games you're playing as well. Look elsewhere on the internet, because there may be something the guides missed out on.

There have been plenty of instances where the trophy guides on PST.ORG differ greatly from the trophy guides on PSNPROFILES for the same games. Pay attention to that.

The author who wrote the guide may of not experienced the issue you're having when they played through the game. There are also plenty of updates and patches for some games that change the way you have to earn a certain trophy. Especially online games. Look at Destiny 2 before and after the updates. Destiny 2 players were able to earn a certain trophy before a certain update happened one way, those who tried to get the trophy afterwards had to do it differently.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Neyaru said:

What says the road-map:

EsHAafL.png

A trophy's description:

epwbUqS.png

I don't know about you guys, but if a guide says that nothing is missable, I don't read any trophy description. No need for it, after all.

It's important to alert the reader to visit the mining sites, since gravity disturbances are random events and get triggered only when real time passes.

In fact, they are random but aren't. You can load the same save how many times, the same events will occur. Also, trying to trick the game by advancing system time won't work.

If you have only physical copies of your games and want to play something else while you wait, replacing discs every few hours would be a real bother, don't you think?

My dude, it's not that bad of a wait. I don't see why you need to make such a big stink out of such an inane thing and make this man seem like a malicious person for saying a trophy isn't missable (when it really isn't, it'd be different if you're starting a new playthrough to get it). Play another game if the wait bothers you that much.

1 hour ago, Neyaru said:

His behavior leads me to think that he was stuck with this trophy just as me and wanted everyone to be stuck with it too.

Hahahaha you're a fucking goofball

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MichaelRein said:

Just because you have a gross misunderstanding of what "missable" means doesn't mean you should tell people how to fix their guide.

I used the guide a while ago and it was very well made. There was nothing "misleading" at all, and the reason he probably deleted your comment is because then that itself could end up being misleading. He even says "They are completely random and change throughout the day, do them ASAP if you don't want to wait".

"I don't read any of the guide if there's no missable trophies" kind of defeats the point of having a guide in the first place, so I don't really know what your issue is.

I thought it was obvious, but it seems that I need to state the obvious to you.

I did not say the trophy is missable. What I said is that I don't read trophy descriptions if the guide says that nothing is missable.

After finishing the story, it's only natural that you start reading the descriptions, isn't it?

My dude, it's not that bad of a wait. I don't see why you need to make such a big stink out of such an inane thing and make this man seem like a malicious person for saying a trophy isn't missable (when it really isn't, it'd be different if you're starting a new playthrough to get it). Play another game if the wait bothers you that much.

Hahahaha you're a fucking goofball

I don't know if you expect me to degrade to your level of posting messages but, sorry to disappoint you, cause I won't.

I never said the writer is a "malicious person" for not alerting about the trophy, but casually deleting my comment was not a good deed of him.

To you I must be the "malicious person", but I already got the platinum for this game. Could have just left it as is and proceed to the next one.

I don't fully understand the concept of being a "goofball" but, judging by your post, your vocabulary and the act of quoting the whole post (it's like you just started using forums the other day), if someone in this thread might be one, it's clear as day who is. 

Edited by Neyaru

15 minutes ago, Neyaru said:

I don't know if you expect me to degrade to your level of posting messages but, sorry to disappoint you, cause I won't.

Nice oxymoron there pal.

15 minutes ago, Neyaru said:

I never said the writer is a "malicious person" for not alerting about the trophy, but casually deleting my comment was not a good deed of him.

Can I get the writer of the guide in here? I wanna hear his side of this before I go believing some goofball who gets upset over minor details in a trophy guide and accuses the author of being a prick who "wanted everyone to be stuck with it" like he did in the game. Do you even have proof that he deleted it? Sorry to disappoint, but you already degraded before I even responded!

Edited by wesleyisgreat777

31 minutes ago, Spaz said:

It sounds to me like you got fucked because you read the trophy guide word-by-word.

What I do and what I have done for the past year is I look for any missable trophies, because that is important if you're going to be efficient and serious at trophy hunting. Also, don't just use PSNPROFILES for trophy guides, look over at Playstationtrophies.org to see if they have a guide for the games you're playing as well. Look elsewhere on the internet, because there may be something the guides missed out on.

There have been plenty of instances where the trophy guides on PST.ORG differ greatly from the trophy guides on PSNPROFILES for the same games. Pay attention to that.

The author who wrote the guide may of not experienced the issue you're having when they played through the game. There are also plenty of updates and patches for some games that change the way you have to earn a certain trophy. Especially online games. Look at Destiny 2 before and after the updates. Destiny 2 players were able to earn a certain trophy before a certain update happened one way, those who tried to get the trophy afterwards had to do it differently.

About the update/patch thing, I thought of that, but I did a little research before any assumptions.

This thread is older than both guides:

This page is probably also older:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/gravity-rush-2/trophy/166533-Rift-Hunter.html

This can be very frustrating if you hold off on this too long. As of right now, it's unknown what exactly causes these to spawn. It could be a variety of factors but nothing is known for certain except that online isn't a factor. It may take days before the one you're looking for, spawns so I suggest keeping an eye on these at about the halfway point in the story. It might be possible earlier but these enemies can be problematic if you aren't strong enough.

You can see that I just started hunting trophies (I plan to start collecting Steam achievements as well once my backlog on consoles is relieved), so your hint was truly helpful.

I should start comparing every guide created before using only one from the very beginning. Thanks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Neyaru said:

About the update/patch thing, I thought of that, but I did a little research before any assumptions.

This thread is older than both guides:

This page is probably also older:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/gravity-rush-2/trophy/166533-Rift-Hunter.html

Nobody is perfect. People who write guides will make errors, that's why proofreading and having others look at them is important.

If this bothered you so much then I will just listen to how other people got the trophy. Shouldn't be any more complicated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

@Neyaru,

As someone who has posted 5 guides, I have gotten some rude comments before and have deleted them promptly. I would find it odd that the person just deleted your comment for no reason whatsoever. Is it possible that you ran across as rude when you posted? Because I would delete rude comments even if they were helpful. FinalEmblem has been on this site for a long time, and I have never seen him make a mean comment or do anything that would come across as condescending or prickish. That's why I ask.

If I was you, I would have PM'd him and asked about it instead of bringing it out in the open like this or just posted a topic with your tip and leave it there. As you can see, it opens up a can of worms that could've easily been avoided. He can delete your comment, but he can't delete this topic.

Anyways, unless the comment was rude, I think deleting a comment that points out a flaw in the guide kind of defeats the purpose of the comments section, but I can't say whether it was or not. If you didn't come across as rude, I don't see the reason for deleting it. 

Whether it was rude or not depends on perspective, I think. He probably thought it was, but I pointed something trivial to be made clear on his guide.

Google cache has a version from June 22, and I don't know how to access the cache of the browser itself, otherwise I would have posted it here.

I just said that I was stuck with this trophy because he gave the info on the trophy description, not the road-map, briefly said that the events are not random (you can load the same save or a save even older, and the same things are bound to happen) and that I should have used the guide posted on PST. I read some rude comments made on guides of a friend that is also a writer and, based on what I have seen, mine was not even close to being rude. If he thought my message was rude, don't you think it's very likely he would ignore if I sent him a message? By the way, rude to me is nonchalantly deleting a comment.

57 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Why almost everyone so defensive about the guidemaker? A man points out that the guide is not efficient as it could have been and all he gets is a blaming that he should have read the entirety of the guide and find another one for cross reference.

I myself encountered a problem where my guide is kinda not as optimal as some people may think. What I did? Rewrote a couple of sentences in roadmap. What did the man here? Deleted all alternative opinions. I can't believe that there are 0 comments on a popular guide like this. Why would you even delete them. They can't all be offencive, can they?

I have a real pet peeve for people who automatically delete comments, whether it's for a guide, a blog post they made on their website, or whatever. At that point you may as well completely disable comments.

We get so worked up these days on hearing alternative opinions, that our opinions have no meaning or we should reconsider our viewpoint because we happen to be different from you. I am no exception, I have jumped on many people in the past and I find a bit later on that what I did was a very bad idea. Sometimes I don't even realize I'm doing it until it's too late. I have been at fault before, but when you make a guide you should listen to every comment that is posted, not just delete them all because they don't coincide with what you think should be in the guide and what can be changed.

Some guides are good, some guides are not. Ideally all guides should be a work in progress and be updated with useful information, but specially after some time has passed or / and it's not a new game, guides do usually become less useful (and many trophy guides are just a list of the trophies and that they should mostly pop while playing the game, can't see the point in doing one of these). It's usual to have guides in playstationtrophies and here with tons of useful information in the pages and pages of posts following it, and the vast majority of them doesn't get added to the guide. It's sometimes a pain to dig through all that spread  information but it's not the first time that I find more useful stuff in the comments posts than in the guide itself.

For me I think it's very useful that information about possible glitches or problems is posted. I'm usually on the unlucky side so I do have to handle a ton of these nice "features" anyway.

There's constructive criticism and antagonistically one, we should just adapt to the first and ignore the second.

What you’re describing isn’t a matter of missable but optimal. This happens with guides frequently as new methods/ideas are discovered. If there’s a trophy related to something involving real-time passing (this or living towers in MKX for example) you should probably look at that specific description for more information. It could be a useful tidbit at the top but it’s nothing to make a big deal over. Especially if you only have to get on for a short time every few hours. 

The fact you’re so spiteful that you assume he would intentionally provide a bad way just so other people have to do it the long way (despite touching on it in the guide for that specific trophy) makes me believe your comment was probably worth deleting. If you were truly concerned with helping, you could’ve easily done so with a thread about that specific trophy and left it at that. Instead, you’re making this about the author which is pretty lame. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2018 at 8:54 PM, Neyaru said:

I know that writing guides is a volunteer work and all,

and fame seeker as well. It is easy to know because they write many guides within a short period of time, but the guides are simple due to lack of vital information. Or writing a guide for a Japanese game without translation (it doesn't need to be perfect as long as the readers can understand it), but use Japanese romaji instead like they want to say they know Japanese and the reader not. The readers don’t need the writer to tell them how to pronounce the Japanese words. If you write a guide, make sure you put your heart and soul into it and cover the info as much as you can. I know it’s a "community service", but take pride in your work. Also think yourself as a reader, if your info doesn’t make sense and you still have a doubt, re-write it so everyone can understand. Assuming the readers understand the guide info is actually a bad practice. It’s a good way to know if your guide is easy to understand or not by letting someone who never plays the game to read it.

As a guide writer, I don't like to use Unmissable tag for any unmissable trophy or Story-related trophies since they are not missable; however, they are in some special cases such as Infamous game. You can be a good or bad guy, therefore your selection of choice during the game may affect the outcome, for example, pick a good choice while playing as a bad guy.

As a reader, I only want to see if the game has missable, difficulty, and online trophies in the guide. If I don't see any missable tag, I will enjoy playing the game without using the guide at same time. then I use it in post-game to clean up the trophies.

About rude comments, I haven't seen one in my guides on PSNP, but I did see some on PST. Here are some examples: A guy tried to blame me for rating the game's difficulty too low (2/10) because he couldn't complete a mission even there was a trick to make the game extremely easy. He used his "own words" to offend me in my guide thread and said he would rate it at least 7/10, but the average difficulty rating was 3/10 (highest rating was 4/10) according to Difficulty Rating Thread. Another guy blamed me because he used the wrong button for one trophy. I wrote the guide for a Japanese game before the English version was released, therefore the confirm button was O, but he used the guide for English version which confirm button was X, then he said it was misleading as hell. He could ask me to add additional info in the guide but he didn’t, and writing such “misleading as hell” in someone’s guide thread is really rude imo even he didn't mean it. And here is another example from Monster Monpiece Trophy Guide:

Someone’s post :”So what the hell are the people who don't have any money or stones left to upgrade cards supposed to do to get 500? You make it sound like you get them all naturally. I did everything possible so far and I'm still missing 100 of them. This guide is a joke.“

Here is the description of that trophy in the guide: “This is the most time consuming trophy in the game since you need to get 500 different type of cards. There are over 1000 different cards in the game. If you have some rare card you can "rub" them to get Phase 2 or 3 (some of them requires Seal Stone which you can buy them from shop or trading if you have complete Master Rings online)

For example:
Skeleton PS1 => Skeleton PS2 => Skeleton PS3
Skeleton +1 PS1 => Skeleton +1 PS2 => Skeleton +1 PS3
Skeleton +2 PS1 => Skeleton +2 PS2 => Skeleton +2 PS3

After you "rub" them to phase 3 you have 9 different kinds of cards in total.

Some cards have -1, when you "rub" it to phase 4, it will convert to a new monster girl card. You can check your progress in Gallery then press Triangle to switch to display call cards. There are 6 cards in a row, it means you need around 83 rows + 2 cards to get this trophy. You don't need to have 500 cards at once, just sell any card you don't need so you can have more Gold to buy other card packs. You can check the booster pack to know which cards you need.“

As you can see that I did mention this is the most time consuming trophy in the game as well as recommended ppl to sell cards to get money to buy other card pack, I also recommended ppl to play online mode when they started the game for online trophies as well as getting more Gold/Rub Point/Cards in the Road Map. But this guy tried to blame me because he didn’t spend much time in the game.

Hopefully, the PST mods and guide team members see this post since it was the main reason why I left PST and then started writing guide on PSNP since the mods didn't do anything after I talked to them.

My apologies for a long post. If someone points out an error/mistake in my guide without saying hello or hi is actually rude imo. Why? Because it's just my perspective lol. Nah, I can't force ppl to follow my "own traditional way". The guide writers can't cover everything in the game by themselves, that's why any feedback and comment (not the rude complaint one) from community is appreciated to help improving and fix error in the guide. I don't know if Neyaru's comment is rude or not, but I think the guide writer should leave it there so other ppl can see it, it may be useful to them. He also can reply to Neyaru's comment and mention the reason why he doesn't need to add additional note for that trophy in Step 1 of the Road Map.

Fyi, the guide writer can delete every comment while the readers can only delete their own comment, therefore the guide writer doesn't need to get the mods involve in case they want to delete a rude comment.

Btw, some guide writers may think you offend or look down on them by pointing out an error in their guide.

Edited by Leon Hasegawa
Additional sentence
  • Like 3

I actually went semi-blind going into this game but then I remembered there was an RNG trophy and it was that one. I just kept it at the back of my mind while playing so that I don't spend post game doing this. 

And by the way there is a way to increase your chances of those phenomenon occuring but unfortunately the map it'll happen on is random but at least now you have a greater chance. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

I actually went semi-blind going into this game but then I remembered there was an RNG trophy and it was that one. I just kept it at the back of my mind while playing so that I don't spend post game doing this. 

And by the way there is a way to increase your chances of those phenomenon occuring but unfortunately the map it'll happen on is random but at least now you have a greater chance. 

All I have realized is that when a mining site has all the stars, it generates either a gravity disturbance or a gravity storm. So it's a sort of indication meter. 

If you don't mind sharing, what is that method to increase the chances of spawning disturbances?