online pass for all 4 one

DirkBenon

You don't have to buy it.  Use your free 7-day trial of PS Now (assuming the game is still on there) and get the online trophies out of the way, then go back to playing your copy.  That's what I did.  Just don't make the mistake of making single player progress on the PS Now version as it's a different version, so the saves can't be used with the disc version.

If the game is no longer on PS Now, then yeah, you'll have to buy it.  If you already used your PS Now, check your old emails.  I used my PS Now, but Sony sent me an extra 1 day code for some reason, so they might have sent you one too.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2018 at 6:42 PM, Matto_lsi said:

You don't have to buy it.  Use your free 7-day trial of PS Now (assuming the game is still on there) and get the online trophies out of the way, then go back to playing your copy.  That's what I did.  Just don't make the mistake of making single player progress on the PS Now version as it's a different version, so the saves can't be used with the disc version.

If the game is no longer on PS Now, then yeah, you'll have to buy it.  If you already used your PS Now, check your old emails.  I used my PS Now, but Sony sent me an extra 1 day code for some reason, so they might have sent you one too.

You need a robust internet connection for PS Now. Plus the idea of accidentally mixing up Now with the disc version doesn’t sound all too good. 

As long as you have someone to boost with, getting the online trophy is very easy. That’s what I did two weeks ago, last game I have left to complete in the Ratchet and Clank series.

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

You need a robust internet connection for PS Now. Plus the idea of accidentally mixing up Now with the disc version doesn’t sound all too good. 

As long as you have someone to boost with, getting the online trophy is very easy. That’s what I did two weeks ago, last game I have left to complete in the Ratchet and Clank series.

The ease of the trophies isn't in question, an Online Pass is needed to earn 2 of the trophies, and the OP said his code was already used.  It wouldn't matter if he had hundreds of friends to boost with, he doesn't have a valid code to activate.  Therefore his options are spend $10 for the pass in the Playstation Store, or take 5 mins to earn the trophies using PS Now free trial.  When I played the game on PS Now the online pass was activated so I was able to get the 2 online only trophies out of the way.  Regardless of the type of internet connection he has, it only requires he join a lobby and start a game with another person online, that shouldn't be a problem for even a weak connection. All other trophies can be earned solo or with 2 controllers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matto_lsi said:

The ease of the trophies isn't in question, an Online Pass is needed to earn 2 of the trophies, and the OP said his code was already used.  It wouldn't matter if he had hundreds of friends to boost with, he doesn't have a valid code to activate.  Therefore his options are spend $10 for the pass in the Playstation Store, or take 5 mins to earn the trophies using PS Now free trial.  When I played the game on PS Now the online pass was activated so I was able to get the 2 online only trophies out of the way.  Regardless of the type of internet connection he has, it only requires he join a lobby and start a game with another person online, that shouldn't be a problem for even a weak connection. All other trophies can be earned solo or with 2 controllers.

I don’t need a textbook explanation. 

Ratchet and Clank games are generally easy enough as they are. If someone can’t get PS Now, they have to pay for the online pass, which I generally think is a way to get some extra profits. 

That’s just my opinion. Yes it’s great that you can get this through Now, some my friends are subscribed to the service.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 24/8/2018 at 8:42 PM, Matto_lsi said:

So the online pass is activated in PS Now? How good has to be your internet connection to play on PS NOW? Many games if my list are there, I should pick it up for one month for 9.99. But I don't know if I need a really powerful internet connection, I dont want to waste my money

4 hours ago, Pottercito_ said:

So the online pass is activated in PS Now? How good has to be your internet connection to play on PS NOW? Many games if my list are there, I should pick it up for one month for 9.99. But I don't know if I need a really powerful internet connection, I dont want to waste my money

This was 2 years ago, so I have no idea if the game is still on PS Now.  I've never subscribed to the service, I only used the free trial.  Back when I did it, I had a basic 20mbps cable connection, and PS Now servers sucked (I got dropped every 30 mins or so, sometimes less, sometimes more), but my understanding is the service is much better these days (plus my connection is better, as are most, perhaps yours too?).  If this game is still on there, then the pass should be active, cause it was 2 years ago.  No reason they'd change that.  But I can't make any guarantees.  You might be able to reach out to PS Support and ask, but they're pretty worthless and will probably give you a nonsensical canned response.  However if you only want the 2 trophies for this game, it takes no time at all to get them.  But if you want to play through multiple games with a 1 month sub, that's something else entirely.  I have no idea what kind of experience you'll have.  I'd suggest researching it her and on other sites to see what people in the same country as you with similar connections are experiencing.  Good luck!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If I am lucky. Someome with an extra online code? I bought PS Now in order to get these two trophies and other games of my list and..... PUM... I can not stream games, my internet is really good but I am in Colombia and that affects with the servers in USA. So I spent 25 dollars for nothing, as @DirkBenon said, it is unfair 10 dollars for these. I spent 25 dollars for nothing (all that remains is to download some PS4 games available for download, because my expectations were to play rje classic Sonics and some PS3 titles that I can not stream). 

If I am lucky maybe just *maybe* someone has an extra pass. Thank you!

Edited by Pottercito_

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/01/2021 at 3:09 PM, RickNU19 said:

I can confirm the servers are still online and its possible to do with 2 controllers in the PS NOW

Really?  I tried it with 2 controllers on PS Now and it would not unlock. Tried multiple times and still wouldn't unlock. Eventually managed to join a game so got it in the end.

On 16/01/2021 at 10:46 AM, Arron147 said:

Really?  I tried it with 2 controllers on PS Now and it would not unlock. Tried multiple times and still wouldn't unlock. Eventually managed to join a game so got it in the end.

Strange, i try it again in my girlfriend account and still works.

• 2 months later...

Can someone confirm that the servers for the PS3 version are down?
I've recently decided to plat all R&C games, returning to finish the job started over 8 years ago.

The two online trophies for All 4 One I already have, but the option to start an online game is greyed out.

I have a EU disc and re-downloaded the online passes (they were in my download list); yes I downloaded two of 'em.

It might be those passes have expired, or somehow only worked once. Either way I cannot start (or join) an online game.

14 minutes ago, Shikotei-kun said:

Can someone confirm that the servers for the PS3 version are down?
I've recently decided to plat all R&C games, returning to finish the job started over 8 years ago.

The two online trophies for All 4 One I already have, but the option to start an online game is greyed out.

I have a EU disc and re-downloaded the online passes (they were in my download list); yes I downloaded two of 'em.

It might be those passes have expired, or somehow only worked once. Either way I cannot start (or join) an online game.

I bought my online pass on April 5th 2021 and could never use the online option since. It was greyed out like you said.

I contacted Playstation support if i could get a refund since I paid 9,99€ for an online pass that doesn't give me access to online.

They needed some more info from me and passed it on to the right department. I have to wait a bit.

But 'good' to hear that it is not only me having this problem.

I bought the game digitally on 1st March 2021. I was going to buy it physically and then sell it on after I completed it but the cost of the online pass along with the game made me think buying it digitally would be better.

I got all the online trophies on that same day and played a few games with random people online over the last month. I put on the game and was able to get into the online part. It wasn't greyed out or anything. I didn't play the game with anyone today but I didn't have the problem you guys are having

58 minutes ago, HMS_Victor said:

I bought the game digitally on 1st March 2021. I was going to buy it physically and then sell it on after I completed it but the cost of the online pass along with the game made me think buying it digitally would be better.

I got all the online trophies on that same day and played a few games with random people online over the last month. I put on the game and was able to get into the online part. It wasn't greyed out or anything. I didn't play the game with anyone today but I didn't have the problem you guys are having

Ah so buying it digitally did give you the online pass?  I was thinking it might, but wasn't sure.  Your thinking was the same as mine when I got the Resistance game on Vita. 

I wasn't sure whether I should take the plunge, so I just did a 7 day free trial of PSNow and it worked just fine.  Contrary to the guide, the one for actually playing an online game did not pop until someone joined my game.  I got two people to join weirdly, even though no games were going on when I looked at the list.  Maybe I just got lucky.  But yeah, I just did this like a few hours ago.

Edited by Chettlar

6 hours ago, Chettlar said:

Ah so buying it digitally did give you the online pass?  I was thinking it might, but wasn't sure.  Your thinking was the same as mine when I got the Resistance game on Vita. 

I wasn't sure whether I should take the plunge, so I just did a 7 day free trial of PSNow and it worked just fine.  Contrary to the guide, the one for actually playing an online game did not pop until someone joined my game.  I got two people to join weirdly, even though no games were going on when I looked at the list.  Maybe I just got lucky.  But yeah, I just did this like a few hours ago.

Yeah it did. The game was around £15-20 on Ebay. Plus an £8 online pass. It just didn't seem worth it when the digital copy including the pass was something like £12. I could've got the game physically, platinumed it and sold it on like I usually do but I thought I'll just take the loss on this one game than deal with that effort.

Same for me. I saw on here and on playstationtrophies.org, they made it sound like you didn't need anyone else and you could just get it easily on your own but that didn't work for me. The lobby trophy popped fine but the trophy for playing a game didn't work until I had an actual person in a game with me.

On 9.4.2021 at 10:20 AM, cosmicicecream said:

I bought my online pass on April 5th 2021 and could never use the online option since. It was greyed out like you said.

I contacted Playstation support if i could get a refund since I paid 9,99€ for an online pass that doesn't give me access to online.

They needed some more info from me and passed it on to the right department. I have to wait a bit.

But 'good' to hear that it is not only me having this problem.

So the game received an update within the last few days. After I installed it my online option worked again (or rather for the first time). So there really was a problem but it should be fixed now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, OathToOblivion01 said:

I’m trying to get the online pass but there is no option to buy it or even download it, am I not able to get it now?

That's actually a display bug on PS3. I've noticed this on a few products I've bought recently.

To work around it once you click on the game/DLC you want to purchase don't move anything and just press (X). This should hopefully add it to your cart.

Edited by SirJacobFlames