What trophy is preventing you from getting a platinum? (Plat cast Topic)

ChernobylNinja

Hey guys, as a few of you know @Bushido7745785 and I have a podcast, "Plat Cast" and every week we ask the community here at psnprofiles one of our topics of discussion and one of our topics this week is:

What trophy is keeping you from getting that platinum trophy? Be it the difficulty, the grind or just lack of enjoyment, we would love to hear it and we will pick some of the responses to read and discuss on our podcast! 

Looking forward to your replies!

• Like 2

42Lbd963f.png

The Incarnation of Light

Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist Of The Mysterious Book

For the life of me I can not beat the Light Elemental I have tried and tried and upgraded everything I can and have it set to easy and still can not beat her its pretty much one of the few trophies I have left before the plat

To be honest, I've been one trophy off the 100 percent for Borderlands 2 for so long now...

I haven't completed all the side missions in the Hammerlock's Hunt DLC because it's a terrible DLC. It's such a huge step down from the other DLCs and to top it off, I think the 100 percent for Borderlands 2 is around 1 percent? Haven't looked in ages!

I also thought about doing the Gran Turismo 5 plat a while back... I even got one of the hardest trophies, GT-R Official Record. This trophy requires you to be the Nurburgring circuit in under 7:23 in a stock Nissan GT-R and is insanely hard to do as the game' time trial mode will void your run if you go off the track once and it's a 13 mile long track! Trophy that stopped me dead in my tracks I think is called Photographer. To get it, you must take a picture and share it but because the online has been shut down, that incredibly minor trophy has made that plat unattainable. Even if you get Gold Standard (beat everything in the game to a gold medal standard,) you would be foiled by that insignificant trophy.

Goat Simulator

The Flapmaster
Score 10 points in Flappy Goat

Oh boy this trophy. The control and the game is so terrible here.

inFamous First Light

Beta Rescue Diamond
Achieve a score of 500,000 points

It's a pain keeping all of the hostages alive while killing the enemies here, so many of them.

S4cfd2f.png37S951c8a.png

:silver: Fector's Challenge
Beat 'Journey Of The Prairie King' without dying.

If it was anything actually related to the game itself I'd do it, but it's just a really tedious mini-game. I can't bring myself to start up SDW just to play JotPK. :/ 

Edited by Xillia
  • Like 1

One of my MLB The Show games from like 6 or 7 years ago will be forever at 97%. I even have several ultra rare trophies from it, and would have had another ultra rare platinum that was actually not all that hard, if it weren't for grinding out 500 MLB Points online (essentially play online for 25-40 games). It's not so bad in theory -- you even get points for losing a game and even more points if you lose to a high ranking opponent. However, you don't get anything from disconnects, you have to deal with a LOT of douche baggery that kind of comes with the territory of playing these games which comes from both the sore losers who try to annoy you to a point that you'll forfeit the game so they can claim an undeserved win and sore winners (I had one guy that was CLEARLY better than me in every way, and -- to his credit -- played the game legit, but he kept being an asshole every other play by pausing the game and doing elaborate slow motion replays in the pause menu, and the game dragged on for-freaking-ever... honestly not sure what the developers were thinking by letting players show off replays in game with no repercussion), and overall the experience wasn't fun in the slightest. I think I gave up at 150 MLB points when i realized I had about 25 games left if I were to lose every game from that point forward, and 15 if I were to win some.

Such a bad experience when my strategy for farming wins was to PURPOSELY stack my line up so bad players batted first when it was my time to bat, so I would seem like I was an idiot and sucked when I would go 3 and out to the next half of the inning, or even give them a couple run buffer so I would purposely play from behind in the first inning. Reason why? You had to play at least one inning before the game became official and counted, so if they disconnected afterwards because you were slaughtering them, you would still get points for your record (not as much as winning a full game, but still points nonetheless). If you gave them the illusion that they were doing well, and you ultimately went nuts on them in the next frame where it became official, they had no choice but to take the loss, even if they wanted to do it the douche bag way and either time out on the pause screen or constantly pause the game every 2 seconds to try and piss you off the point that YOU would leave and give them a win. I can't believe i actually had to resort to baiting like that, but it was getting to the point with disconnects that this was one of the few ways to do it. "An eye for an eye" -- playing dirty to fight back that those who played dirty by weeding out the chumps who disconnect all the time.

If you managed to read through this, I'm sure you've probably come up with my reason why I just said screw it, and gave up on it. It wasn't fun doing what I had to do to get wins. It was ruining my experience with an overall great game from a series I loved. And overall, playing to lose for a trophy is one of the worst feelings I can possibly think of, especially when i looked forward to losing as that's how i was getting most of my points since quite a few of my games online didn't end up reaching even the half way mark. Terrible community.

Edited by iamjax

My answer for this type of question will always be Cat Fight (from Injustice 2). The trophy sounds easy enough: "Catwoman must defeat Cheetah with the final hit coming from Cat Call", and there are plenty of other trophies related to specific character moves. However in this case, this is the ONE trophy tied to a move unlocked through the RNG loot boxes. Whether this was an oversight from the developers or an intentional choice I have no idea. But I'm still going back to this game every once and a while these days in hopes of unlocking it. 

• Like 1

Ever since I attempted this it will always be the one.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2333-drakengard-3/6-ending-d

It's not the penultimate trophy on the platinum journey, but it is the reason why the other 2 trophies are unobtainable.

Hands down the worst trophy I've ever attempted...and it's not even a side thing or optional part of the game. It's the last boss. Part of the story. 

The game is straight up hack n slash. All of a sudden at the end there's a long song where you have to time a barrier around you to block the boss's shockwave...and the camera...it was made to screw you in ways even the Souls series couldn't live up to. You can't always see the wave and the "song" changes speeds so this is a massive nightmare. Oh and the best part? At the end the screen fades to black and there's this one last note that you would have never realized had to be blocked...sending you all the way back to the beginning.

1 hour ago, ChernobylNinja said:

Hey guys, as a few of you know @Bushido7745785 and I have a podcast, "Plat Cast" and every week we ask the community here at psnprofiles one of our topics of discussion and one of our topics this week is:

What trophy is keeping you from getting that platinum trophy? Be it the difficulty, the grind or just lack of enjoyment, we would love to hear it and we will pick some of the responses to read and discuss on our podcast! 

Looking forward to your replies!

3arc and Activision not giving a fuck about making Black Ops 2 attainable. It would take 5 seconds for them to turn the league play seasons back on, but no. Also, Valve being assholes to the PlayStation community, in regards to shutting down servers for Portal 2. :( Am I close to plat on either game? No, but I'll never have the chance to try :( 

55 minutes ago, Jamescush147 said:

Goat Simulator

The Flapmaster
Score 10 points in Flappy Goat

Oh boy this trophy. The control and the game is so terrible here.

inFamous First Light

Beta Rescue Diamond
Achieve a score of 500,000 points

It's a pain keeping all of the hostages alive while killing the enemies here, so many of them.

I actually got flappy goat, believe it or not. But there are a few, like horizon zero dawn, i have to play the entire game throughly again to get one cause i fucked up at the end. There are like 12-13 games im only 1 or 2 away from, but they are all boring grinds for me.

9S632e0e.png

There is only war! 
Kill 40 000 enemies

My current nemesis is the above trophy for Space Hulk (Vita). 40k kills in a game that you can complete everything else in under 1k. This grind has been mind numbingly boring especially since on Vita unlike PS4 you can Max only get ~10-14 kills / minute. Been grinding for 20+ days 3-5 hours a night of boring repetition and it hasn't popped. (There is zero stats or kill counter in game so i have no idea how far I am or if the way I have been grinding has counted at all)

At the point where I need to make a decision of do I keep trying or cut my losses and move on...

Power Made Flesh from Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
"Reach 10th rank"

This is pretty hard as the servers are mostly dead now, with only the hardcore fanbase who loves this game left on it. In MVCi you start off at 15th rank and slowly move up as you get wins. With the lack of people at lower ranks this is kinda hard without boosting it, which sucks because all matches are found by random matching not a lobby system.

9 hours ago, Imyanub said:
9S632e0e.png

There is only war! 
Kill 40 000 enemies

My current nemesis is the above trophy for Space Hulk (Vita). 40k kills in a game that you can complete everything else in under 1k. This grind has been mind numbingly boring especially since on Vita unlike PS4 you can Max only get ~10-14 kills / minute. Been grinding for 20+ days 3-5 hours a night of boring repetition and it hasn't popped. (There is zero stats or kill counter in game so i have no idea how far I am or if the way I have been grinding has counted at all)

At the point where I need to make a decision of do I keep trying or cut my losses and move on...

You can't be far off, roughly 600 kills per hour x 3 = 1800 kills per night x 20 = 36,000

Don't know whether glitched trophies qualify, but this one is clearly my Marauder Shields to my finishing Blackguards 2 :

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/6616-blackguards-2/27-the-saint

Nobody - PSN-wide - has the trophy and it was released on PS4 almost a year ago, and to unlock the achievement on PC, where it's much older, people have to cheat and manually edit a file...

18L765df9.png

Say No More from Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator

This is the most rage-inducing RNG piece of garbage trophy ever.

---------

27L8eaeb5.png

Resurrected Demon from Atelier Meruru Plus

This is the first super boss of the Plus upgrades, and you have to fight him without the help of various Plus version equipment traits as the materials required to get those traits are locked away in areas past this boss. There are several other super bosses after this one, but the equipment traits should make those bosses less difficult.

• Like 1

Outlast 2 

7Ld64c29.png

Messiah 
Finish the game in Insane Mode without reloading the camera battery

This trophy is stopping me from getting the platinum. With the game’s unskippable cutscenes and 3-4 hour speed run I do not have the patience to run through this game on insane. I attempted this once and got cheesed in the halfway point in the game by getting an instant death by getting shot with an arrow even though I was in cover.  I said fuck it after that bullshit. 

For me it's the trophy of Stunt Master for the first Infamous game & the requirement is to complete all the stunts on the stunt list, there's about 24 of them you need to do throughout the game all being slightly different in things you need to do to complete them but I just can't seem to do them all. Always have the odd one or two that I struggle to do. All I need to do is that one & I've got the platinum for the game but just can't do it

Edited by palmersib