The Perfect Run Trophy

FielVeredus

Call me cheater or whatever you want but i just want to enjoy the game at my own term.

i like souls game with those reasonable trophy that encourage you to use the tool the game provide to have fun while hunting for trophy not stripping away intended experience just for sake of making trophy hard and unenjoyable. (I know some may enjoy but i dont think most will enjoy this kind of trophy if given choice esp trophy hunter)

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, edwardex12 said:

Seriously, a debug mode? I have done the perfect run 2 times and all it takes it's a little bit of training and remembering patterns. The only reason I didn't get the trophy was because of a crash, both times when coming down from the Observatory. x.x I can't believe people are going to go for an 'easy plat' like that.. I think it's a bit cheating, but.. to each their own.

I honestly feel like debug mode left in was an accident, happened with Vampyr too but was patched out later. Death's Gambit is just so buggy it seems like something they forget to patch out before launch. 

But regardless if there's an easy way out people will take it. 

49 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

I honestly feel like debug mode left in was an accident, happened with Vampyr too but was patched out later. Death's Gambit is just so buggy it seems like something they forget to patch out before launch. 

But regardless if there's an easy way out people will take it. 

Yep, for sure, and I'm one of those people :D

I'm torn on whether or not I should use the debug mode.  While I like trophies this just feels kind of unfair.  Admittedly, in my opinion, the game is pretty broken right now.  It feels like an early access.  There are plenty of bugs and it has crashed multiple times.  The fact that the game can't close for the run to count makes it a very risky trophy to take on considering the amount of crashes I have seen.  I was easily able to replicate the debug mode and get "The Perfect Run" trophy on an alternate account (despite several crashes in the process).  Playing the game legit does make it feel a little better to play knowing you just can't face tank everything.  However, the enemy and boss balance in the game is all over the place, along with some hit detection and a very frustrating stamina system.  Some of the trash mobs are no problem while others will tear you to shreds.  The same goes for the bosses.  Some are very easy while others will kill you in one hit.  I paid for the game and it's a single player game, so I'm obviously not ruining anyone else's experience by using the debug mode, but I just can't decide if I want this to show up on my profile.  Dunno, maybe I'm just looking too much into it.

Edit:  I'm also worried that they will add DLC down the line that will require more speed running.  However, with the reception that game has received so far I doubt any substantial DLC will make its way into the game.

Edited by SirShavesALot

2 hours ago, SirShavesALot said:

I'm torn on whether or not I should use the debug mode.  While I like trophies this just feels kind of unfair.  Admittedly, in my opinion, the game is pretty broken right now.  It feels like an early access.  There are plenty of bugs and it has crashed multiple times.  The fact that the game can't close for the run to count makes it a very risky trophy to take on considering the amount of crashes I have seen.  I was easily able to replicate the debug mode and get "The Perfect Run" trophy on an alternate account (despite several crashes in the process).  Playing the game legit does make it feel a little better to play knowing you just can't face tank everything.  However, the enemy and boss balance in the game is all over the place, along with some hit detection and a very frustrating stamina system.  Some of the trash mobs are no problem while others will tear you to shreds.  The same goes for the bosses.  Some are very easy while others will kill you in one hit.  I paid for the game and it's a single player game, so I'm obviously not ruining anyone else's experience by using the debug mode, but I just can't decide if I want this to show up on my profile.  Dunno, maybe I'm just looking too much into it.

Edit:  I'm also worried that they will add DLC down the line that will require more speed running.  However, with the reception that game has received so far I doubt any substantial DLC will make its way into the game.

I see what you mean. I wouldn't exactly call it unfair, whether intended or not the option is there, nothing wrong with people using it, I struggled with the heroic bosses for a while, but this trophy is borderline unobtainable right now. During a continuous run the game will always crash, doesn't matter if it's NG or NG+, if you're level 1 or not, I assume you have to get very lucky to play the game from start to finish without a crash, assuming it's even possible.

Barring that, the trophy is easier than beating some of the heroic bosses, but they're already nerfing weapons and will probably nerf classes as well (Noble and Blood Knight come to mind), which will make it harder to get down the line.

Devs have talked about additional content coming to the game, btw. Might be a while, though, since they're obviously prioritizing bugs.

1 hour ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

I wonder what happens if the guys die who can teleport you. Or the one who unlocks all skills. Do they stay dead or will they come back?

If you hit them they'll die, but then they just respawn when you rest at the statue. 

Edited by Gage

16 minutes ago, archnero said:

im trying to do this trophy with the debug but everytime i fight endless i kill her the first time then when the second fight start the game crash. any work around this is pretty annoying

okay i finally fix it, if anyone has this same problema you have to desactivate the boost mode in ps4 pro 

here is the link 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Deaths_Gambit/comments/97k0up/known_issues_and_workarounds/?ref=readnext

got the trophy now i can play it normally without worring this annoying trophy

Edited by archnero

On 21-8-2018 at 10:57 PM, Gage said:

If you hit them they'll die, but then they just respawn when you rest at the statue. 

They are dead now :P They always lose health when you teleport to the room. So if you teleport alot, like I did to search for the books they stay dead :P  And now I'm stuck in the Debug Room.
Ohh well new game for searching the books

Used the debug room to finish up the trophies I didn't have. Now we just have to wait for them to fix the glitched trophy so everyone can pop the Platinum. I don't mind using the glitch for this since the game wouldn't let you finish the 4 hour run without a crash anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This trophy wasn't very enjoyable, but I would agree it's not as bad as some of the Heroic fights. I managed the trophy with about 40 minutes left, but I did do some optional farming and killed Cusith (who is optional).

Since there's not a lot of information about doing this in Version 1.08, here's how I did it:

First, it's really important not only to know the layout of the map, but the boss fights as well, so I would recommend keeping this trophy for last. By the time you finish all the Heroic fights, chances are you know the fights really well. Having a good memory of all the Soul Stones/Immortalites is also immensely helpful, as chances are you'll need just about all of them.

Starter Class - I would imagine everything is decently viable, but I had the best luck with Noble. For a starting Item, I chose the 5x Soul Stones; often I chose to start with the Vados Helm, but the Noble already starts with a helm, and usually the Vados Helm gets updated fairly quickly. The reason why I like the Noble is because of the access to the special merchant in Central Sanctuary, who sells Fire Bombs at 500 shards a piece. He'll also offer a +5 Halberd, which helps conserve Stones for other pieces of gear. It's kind of pricey at the beginning, but eventually you'll be able to buy a significant amount of Bombs since you won't be spending anything on levels.

Weapon - You'll basically be stuck with the Halberd, since the low stats from the Noble class restricts you from almost everything. The only other option are the Thief Blades, which I didn't use, but it may be better (unsure what the stat requirements are for the dagger abilities though). The Halberd isn't too terrible, and it does have a special attack where if you hold down the attack button, you'll do a strong pierce move, which is decent.

Gear - If you're using the Halberd, you don't have access to much for STR gear, as the good stuff comes from drops. For this reason, don't kill Fink or anger him until you've bought the Shade Knight Helm from him. I know he offers it in his Sewers location, but I'm unsure if he has it earlier. To get him to spawn in the Sewers, you just need to ignore him every time you see him. If you do ignore him, realize that if you go up to the Observatory and go to the room that has the lever (for the laser barriers), he'll automatically attack you, and prevent you from buying anything from him afterwards. Barbaric Helm (from the Wolves) is a decent choice until Shade Knight; aim to buy the Mythril Boots from Jaco about halfway through your playthrough; STR Capes are few, but the Aldwynn Cape drops from the Spear Lizard guys. The best STR cape (Ascended's Cape) is unfortunately in the final area.

Talents - Not much to say here, only I would recommend going for Unlimited Energy first. I found Energy Weapons to be very useful for this playthrough. Once you get it, you can get what you want, but I took the Air Dash and the talent that prevented the 1st hit after resting at a statue.

Soul Stones/Immortalites - At a certain point (after purchasing a bunch of Fire Bombs) you'll still have a bunch of Shards to spend, so you can go up to Jaco and buy a bunch of fodder gear for Soul Stones. Getting everything up to +5 (Halberd will be taken care of) is extremely helpful, and once Immortalites are required, make sure to distribute upgrades evenly for the most out of your gear.

Progression:

Once you save Zuma, head to the Forgotten Gaian fight (buy the +5 Halberd if you're worried). Once Ione is at Sanctuary, this should extend Jaco's (the regular mechant) wares, which should include the Gambler Aura (+Shards) as well as the Mythril Boots. At this time, the Boots are probably too expensive, so buy the Gambler Aura and also buy the +5 Halberd from the special merchant if you haven't already.

Then head to Dark Knight and defeat him, then proceed all the way through Garde Tum until you unlock the shortcut to get to the Sewers (make sure to pick up the H7 gun). Ignore Bysurge for the moment, and instead go the "normal" progression of Bulwark -> Origa. Both of those bosses can be somewhat troublesome, but the H7 is very helpful for both fights.

Once Origa is defeated, go down to the Sewers, pick up the Feather, then head for Thalamus. After that area is done, then it's Bysurge -> Eldritch. Fight Bysurge really defensively; he'll take a while but chances are you won't have the damage output to be all that aggressive. Eldritch isn't too bad if you know it well (Energy Weapons help), which leaves Amulvaro, Heroic Phoenix, and Endless.

Before heading up to Amulvaro, ensure that you buy a ton of Fire Bombs, like at least 50, but I had around 75 (although I used about 30). For Feathers, I think I augmented for 150% damage.  Amulvaro is tricky because he's hard to hit with the Bombs, and you don't want to waste a ton of Bombs and die, because it may ruin your playthrough, since he's very difficult to try to beat normally. Try to throw Bombs after he finishes attacking (not during his multiple single-slashes - block those, then try to throw a bomb or 2 when he's finished with all of them).

Once he hits Phase 2 you have to try to get him down to Phase 3 asap, because he gets does more sword slashes/charges (which is hard to defend against), and if he does his beam attack (not his spinning one where the screen goes dark), it can about OHKO you if you're not behind a blue wall. Once he hits Phase 3 though, and you see him do his "meteor" attack, he should be on screen, at which point you can stunlock him to death with Bombs.

Heroic Phoenix can be quite annoying without Fire Bombs, so I would recommend just using those if you can't manage to beat her normally.

Endless is surprisingly easy with Bomb spam as well. I had 160% augmented damage, with 3/4 equipment at +7, and it wasn't too different in comparison to a normal fight with proper levels. Don't forget to equip Leaves for this fight, just for emergencies.

• Like 1

Is this trophy obtainable in patch 1.0 with the debug menu? I have done it 3 times now, with skipping straight to last area without leveling up once with unlimited hp and twice without. All times i have used the feathers to level up damage, but that doesn't count does it? Or do you need to run through all of the game?

EDIT: nevermind did it again this time killing some of the bosses along the way and then skipping to end and it somehow unlocked.

Edited by Vern3r0z

On 1/26/2020 at 1:17 AM, Whirled03 said:

-- snip --

Nice write-up! There is so little information out there, this will definitely be of use to some :) I personally enjoyed routing my way through this challenge though, and I did some things differently, indcluding the starter class ?

Why did you fight Cusith and the Forgotten Giant? Just for the talent points? I didn't find those crutial enough to bother with those additional fights, though I did go free Zuma, which one could argue is optional but definitely needed for this run. 

Congrats on the platinum! Glad to see that some players with a shitton of platinums still play their games instead of simply glitching their way through everything ?

20 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Nice write-up! There is so little information out there, this will definitely be of use to some :) I personally enjoyed routing my way through this challenge though, and I did some things differently, indcluding the starter class 1f605.png

Why did you fight Cusith and the Forgotten Giant? Just for the talent points? I didn't find those crutial enough to bother with those additional fights, though I did go free Zuma, which one could argue is optional but definitely needed for this run. 

Congrats on the platinum! Glad to see that some players with a shitton of platinums still play their games instead of simply glitching their way through everything 1f642.png

Thanks ?

As I mentioned (indirectly I suppose) in my big ol' post there, I believe Jaco offers his extended wares after Zuma and Ione are in Central Sanctuary, and Ione only shows up after you kill the Forgotten Gaian. It could also be he extends his inventory after a certain amount of bosses are dead, but that I'm not entirely sure about that. Getting the +shard Aura helps to buy other various things, including Fire Bombs, and imo there are not a lot of useful Auras besides the -Stamina usage you get from Garde Tum and the damage reduction one you get at the very last section of the game.

Cusith was mostly just for the hell of it, and absolutely 100% optional. I wanted to ensure I wasn't going to get owned versus Endless, so I took the time to farm some shards for Soul Stone fodder, and I decided to kill Cusith since I know I could kill him with little effort. Ultimately it was probably a waste of time, but I was pretty bored farming other areas.

But believe me, for a while there, I wanted to use the debug room lol the main thing that was holding me back was the fact that I was playing on a physical copy (which comes with Version 1.08), and there was no way I was going to buy a digital copy just to get the plat.

Certainly no disrespect to anyone that uses the debug room, unfortunately the game is not all that good (imo), so I can certainly understand anyone that wants to go that route. Struggling through this trophy, along with all the Heroic fights, was quite the trial.

I think a couple of other posts say this is a 7/10. I think it's safe to say it's at least that, and I would go as far to say it's a 8/10. Personally I think it's harder than Blasphemous, as well as Salt and Sanctuary, which are both very similar in style.

Edited by Whirled03