I just can't figure out how to do the simple things on my profile...

Hi, fellow gamers.

I've been looking on my forum profile/ settings for a few simple things and the fact that I just cannot find them, makes me feel like an idiot...

Can someone tell me how I can :

- Simply write something on my profile "wall" ? I've been looking for a window of some sort or maybe a button that will take me there, but for the life of me I can't find such thing.

- I am following few people at the moment, but when they're posting something, notifications are not telling me about it. How I can change that?

I realize that's probably something really trivial and easy to do, but I just can't seem to find a way to do any of these things...

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Word of warning: I assume you are on desktop-mode:

6 minutes ago, Dead By Noon said:

- Simply write something on my profile "wall" ? I've been looking for a window of some sort or maybe a button that will take me there, but for the life of me I can't find such thing.

When you go to your forum profile you have to click on the "Edit profile"-link, for you it should be this:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/profile/221250-dead-by-noon/edit

It will normally appear as a popup but it's also available as a standalone page. The section you want to fill out is the "About me" on the bottom.

9 minutes ago, Dead By Noon said:

- I am following few people at the moment, but when they're posting something, notifications are not telling me about it. How I can change that?

Click the ttop-right dropdown menu when you click on your profile name on any forum-page.

Account Settings > Notification Settings (it's on the right side below the "Other Settings"):

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/notifications/options/

• Like 2

''Writing on your wall'' is the about me section on your profile or a status update?

@Crimson Idol described everything else, here's how you post a status update:

You can either do that straight on your profile or if you head to ''Forums'' and look at the right bottom side.

From your Profile: Just click on your profile and right at the top (straight right to your community reputation) there is a box which says:

''Write a public message on your own feed...''    Click on that and type away.

J

Edited by Paleblood
  • Like 2

Thank you for the quick reply.

Isn't the "about me" section is a general description of myself ? Maybe I was a bit too misleading with my post, but what I meant is how can I post a status update?

3 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

''Write a public message on your own feed...''    Click on that and type away.

J

That option just isn't there... Do I need make a certain number of posts for this option to actually be there?

4 minutes ago, Dead By Noon said:

Thank you for the quick reply.

Isn't the "about me" section is a general description of myself ? Maybe I was a bit too misleading with my post, but what I meant is how can I post a status update?

Okay, got it wrong on my side then. If you want to post a status update you have the options mentioned by @Paleblood. You might have to toggle the "Enable status updates"-switch on the Edit Profile-site prior so that it's activated.

9 minutes ago, Dead By Noon said:

That option just isn't there... Do I need make a certain number of posts for this option to actually be there?

Huh... beats me. Not that I know of, if so it's a new thing.

Try heading to the ''Forums'' home page > there on the right side you should see ''Recent Topics'' > Under this box should be ''Recent Status Updates''

Do you see that?

EDIT: Ok, glad you solved it!

J

Edited by Paleblood

Yes, I can find the "recent status updates" option on the forums page, but the "Write a public message on your own feed"  it just doesn't exist on my profile ( right to my reputation and all around it ) . 

It's ok though. You were very helpful guys. Thank you very much.

Actually there are 3 ways of posting a status update, the first two are as @Paleblood mentioned, one little box in 'recent status updates' column a little down and to the right on main forum page and the other on Forum profile page. There is a 3rd way though, which is the simplest IMO, in any page on the forum, in the right-upper corner, click in your profile to bring a drop-down menu, the first option should be "Create" > "Status" or "Topic".

The recent status updates little box  for uptading may not work sometimes, it simply doesn't appear.

• Like 2

You can also make your own "stream", like I've done here:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/discover/272/

Click on activity, select my activity streams, select create new stream, there you can setup what kind of stream you want. :) You can make one default, and easily accessible in upper right below search. 

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3