Champ147

Ace Pilot tips

13 posts in this topic

Looking for any tips or helpful advice to get the Ace Pilot trophy. I heard one tip, yet to confirm, that you can hit restart after a scene and it'll restart that scene with you at full shields and won't negate the trophy. So looking for confirmation on that as well. And does it restart just the scene, or the whole chapter? 

10 minutes ago, Champ147 said:

Looking for any tips or helpful advice to get the Ace Pilot trophy. I heard one tip, yet to confirm, that you can hit restart after a scene and it'll restart that scene with you at full shields and won't negate the trophy. So looking for confirmation on that as well. And does it restart just the scene, or the whole chapter? 

Can check my guide :)

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/raiden-v-director-s-cut/324298-raiden-v-directors-cut-trophy-guide-road-map.html

9 minutes ago, DPatriot said:

Just checked it out for that trophy. Just one question then, when you hit restart, does it reset the whole chapter or just the scene you're on? That part a little confusing. 

I like how you get back to full health doing this to, so I can picture entering a scene all beat up and hitting restart at beginning just to refill shields with no loss on progress. Does it do anything for bombs to? 

5 hours ago, Champ147 said:

Just checked it out for that trophy. Just one question then, when you hit restart, does it reset the whole chapter or just the scene you're on? That part a little confusing. 

I like how you get back to full health doing this to, so I can picture entering a scene all beat up and hitting restart at beginning just to refill shields with no loss on progress. Does it do anything for bombs to? 

Someone pointed that out but Dunno for sure as i have not tried it myself. I personally did it in one go. Maybe i should try it on 2nd account.  🤔

Edited by DPatriot

OK, I just tried the restart thing and it did not work. I would make my way part way through the scene and then hit restart scene. It does restart the scene but leaves you in the exact same condition you were in when you entered the scene. Do you actually have to hit exit to main menu? I fear this might make you lose your progress. 

39 minutes ago, Champ147 said:

OK, I just tried the restart thing and it did not work. I would make my way part way through the scene and then hit restart scene. It does restart the scene but leaves you in the exact same condition you were in when you entered the scene. Do you actually have to hit exit to main menu? I fear this might make you lose your progress. 

Did you restart scene or stage? 

If you take to much damage in 1 scene, then just use the restart scene option before it ends, so you can enter the next scene in better condition. The restart chapter option is only really  necessary if you don’t hit the 97% destruction rate, required to stay on the proceeding levels S route.

Pretty sure that you don’t get new shields though when you use re start options. They always stay the same as when you entered the stage.

OK, I just finished my run and got the Ace Pilot trophy. I ended up using both restart options in my run. I was at 97.8% in stage 7 so I hit restart stage and did that one over. I also used the restart scene a few times cause I'd start being dumb all of a sudden and can't dodge a beach ball. In both cases, I was reset to the same condition I was in when I started said scene or chapter. So neither my shield or bombs were replenished, they just went back to what I had when I started. The trophy does still unlock despite using restart, so use it as much as you want. 

Not sure if anyone is still here but this trophy is driving me nuts.

I tend to use the catch plasma exclusively but saw the youtube walkthrough and he was using the swing vulcan. Is catch plasma still viable in later stages?

I also to get to Stage 7 and I have barely any bombs or shield left to survive past it.

Anyone who has completed this trophy got a rough guideline for how much shield, bombs, fairies they should have in the last 2 stages?
tallkid123 is online now Report Post  

On 8/22/2018 at 6:56 AM, Champ147 said:

OK, I just finished my run and got the Ace Pilot trophy. I ended up using both restart options in my run. I was at 97.8% in stage 7 so I hit restart stage and did that one over. I also used the restart scene a few times cause I'd start being dumb all of a sudden and can't dodge a beach ball. In both cases, I was reset to the same condition I was in when I started said scene or chapter. So neither my shield or bombs were replenished, they just went back to what I had when I started. The trophy does still unlock despite using restart, so use it as much as you want. 

Hi,

What weapon did you use? Did you stick to one or switch?

10 hours ago, thekingsman123 said:

Hi,

What weapon did you use? Did you stick to one or switch?

Had to look back to see what I used and that was the Swing Vulcan and Catch Plasma. After playing the game a lot you'll learn the waves. Catch Plasma I liked to use when there were tons of small enemies as it tracked them down and killed them fast. Though ultimately I didn't use it a whole lot. My primary by far was the Swing Vulcan. It has awesome destructive power and can destroy large targets much faster than the other weapons while still having enough spread to be effective while many enemies present. Upgrade that and get right in the face of any enemy and it'll die extremely fast, including those very large planes and what not. And the Vulcan tore up bosses quickly to. 

So I first worked on upgrading the Vulcan a few levels while squeaking in one or two here and there for the catch plasma. 

That's what I used anyway as those were the guns that fit my play style. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll get it

Bumping this in hopes of an answer.  I was wondering if I don't get the % needed for S-Route at the end of Stage 7 if I can restart and not lose progress.  If so, do I restart the scene or the stage?  Thanks for any answers.

nvm. went ahead and restarted the stage and got the trophy.  

Edited by angelgrievous

Easy trophy I'm using restart scene on the last 2 mission. Thanks @Vergil for the video guide <3

Raiden-V-Director-s-Cut-20200602190917.j

Raiden-V-Director-s-Cut-20200602192848.j