Have NG+ patch been delayed?

Quink666

4 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Great for the US but there are other countries out there .?

Just realized what i said, i thought the tweet was from Sony USA LMAO when i seen the time as the 21st i realized i screwed up. Sorry about that. 

EDIT: Just realized i screwed up again, ofc it's PlayStation usa that tweeted it, I'm sorry once again. Haven't slept in 2 days so i'm a bit dorky atm, not thinking about what i say etc.   

Edited by StarMadeKnight
  • Like 1

Just now, KingGuy420 said:

It's 8am where the Santa Monica studios are lol. Those guys are probably barely driving to work. Have a little patience.

Should that matter? I tought the patch was ready to go. Never experienced DLC beeing over 18 hours into the day of the release.

So you are saying you think they are gonna optimize the patch, take lunch, walk the dog then release the patch?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Should that matter? I tought the patch was ready to go. Never experienced DLC beeing over 18 hours into the day of the release.

So you are saying you think they are gonna optimize the patch, take lunch, walk the dog then release the patch?

I'm sure they'd like to be in the office in case something goes wrong and they have to get a hotfix into cert. So yeah, it should matter.

Also, not dlc, it's a patch. I've seen patches come out at all hours. If it was dlc it would be out tomorrow. Dlc happens on Tuesdays.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Also, not dlc, it's a patch. I've seen patches come out at all hours. If it was dlc it would be out tomorrow. Dlc happens on Tuesdays.

They are adding new content with new items and NG+ and its only avaible via download. Making it DLC.

Just now, KingGuy420 said:

You can look at it that way all you want but at the end of the day, it's coming in a patch and patches don't have fixed times like dlc.

Fair enough. Still i can't wait to start playing, Was awake after midnight hoping to start early and im still eagerly waiting booting up the PS4 once a hour hoping it will be live.

17 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

It's 8am where the Santa Monica studios are lol. Those guys are probably barely driving to work. Have a little patience.

The patch is out now, I think... I haven't updated the game. But in this day and age I'm more than sure companies can schedule patches to come out while nobody is in the studio and it can likely be remotely released from someone's home. I also assume there's always people in the workplace, the gaming industry is an incredibly demanding place so there would definitely be people working all night into early morning and there to do anything like adding the patch to the game if it has to be done from the official work location. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sergen said:

The patch is out now, I think... I haven't updated the game. But in this day and age I'm more than sure companies can schedule patches to come out while nobody is in the studio and it can likely be remotely released from someone's home. I also assume there's always people in the workplace, the gaming industry is an incredibly demanding place so there would definitely be people working all night into early morning and there to do anything like adding the patch to the game if it has to be done from the official work location. 

I guess you didn't read my second post lol. They don't launch the patch themselves, but I'm sure they'd like to be in the office in case something goes wrong and they have to rush a fix into certification. Sure they could say "screw it, we'll get a hotfix into production whenever we get to the office. Who cares if they sit with a broken product for a few extra hours?". But why would they take that chance when launching it when they're in the office and ready to go is an option?

Also, if you think these guys are working at midnight on Sunday nights, you're crazy. Video game development is a 9-5 job unless a tight deadline is coming up lol.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...