Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night delayed to 2019, Vita version canned

from the article:

If you backed the game on Kickstarter and chose Vita as your platform, you can now select a new platform to receive the game upon when it launches or you can get your money back. Expect an email from Fangamer soon to help you through this process.

You can get a refund if you wish or choose another platform

• Like 2

The delay is good thing since it sounds like the game wasn't up to snuff. I'm totally fine with waiting if it means we get a product in the end.

As for the Vita version being cancelled, the way I see it, this is yet another casualty of Sony's decision to stop physical cartridge production in the west, and of course their lack of support for the system as a whole. Maybe IGA and the team just used that as a convenient excuse to cancel the Vita version, but I think it definitely played a part. I can't say this news surprises me all that much, but I'm still very disappointed.

• Like 1

As a fan of Metroidvanias, and especially the GBA/DS Castlevania games, I have been looking forward to this game since it was announced. I'm fine with a delay to make a more polished final game.

I am disappointed that the Vita version was canceled, but I'm not surprised. They already canceled the Wii U version, which moved the Vita version from "second most likely version to get canceled" to first most likely. I'll get it on Switch, so I do have a portable option, but it's a shame for people who were counting on the Vita version.

• Like 1

Could someone please explain this part to me?

"stopping certain online store features"

Are they really already shutting down the Store app on the Vita? LOL.

Anyway, as someone pointed out on another site, the excuse about the end of Vita support is ridiculous. Because, well...

Edited by Lance_87

4 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

PSP at least received better support than the vita

Too true.  Sony, where has the love for Vita been?  At this point in the PSP's life, yes it was getting more games than Vita has lately.

What a bummer about the Vita version getting canned.  Shouldn't those who KSed it for Vita be able to have the donation count towards a different platform?

Edited by gameoverDude189

4 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Could someone please explain this part to me?

PS Vita not receiving games from PS Plus starting next March.

This confused a lot of people on Twitter. Thanks again, IGA.

4 hours ago, gameoverDude189 said:

Too true.  Sony, where has the love for Vita been?  At this point in the PSP's life, yes it was getting more games than Vita has lately.

What a bummer about the Vita version getting canned.  Shouldn't those who KSed it for Vita be able to have the donation count towards a different platform?

8 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

from the article:

You can get a refund if you wish or choose another platform

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gameoverDude189 said:

Well, that's nice. 1f642.png

As for all our PS+ free games on PS3/Vita, I sure hope the special license sticks on ones we've downloaded already.

Sony can revoke them if the developers so choose to, as per the TOS

You are granted a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to use the Virtual Item for personal, non-commercial entertainment purposes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Anyway isn't it much problem to make it crossbuy Vita\PS4, what the point canceling feature at the middle of production...

Because it takes a lot of time and money to make something and it's not like somebody clicks a button that says 'Create Vita version' and it's finished.

If the game's already going to be late or the production is in trouble, cutting features that aren't worth the investment is the right call.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 2:09 AM, SnowxSakura said:

PSP at least received better support than the vita

True. But it also got a shitload of promises, and then cancellations not too far from release. 

I remember being the poor kid I was who still gamed on PS2 and PSP until late 2011... I was DYING for Force Unleashed 2. I knew it wouldn't be coming to PS2 that late in the game, but they still kept saying it would hit the PSP. Sure, it would probs just be a portjob of the inferior Wii version but whatever, I need it, then, around August 2010, just two months shy of the actual release, they casually dropped "by the way, the PSP version is cancelled, come buy the real version somewhere else, you peasant" and I was gutted. 

PSP defo got better support than the Vita, but on the flip side, it had more things come out for it, but arguably more things cancelled deep into development too.