Grandia + Grandia II HD Remaster announced for Switch; Grandia HD Remaster announced for PC

Vergil

45 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

I never said first. I said they were both on Playstation systems. Which they were. With 1 being on the PS1 and 2 being on the PS2. Grandia 3 and Grandia Xtreme was even developed for the PS2. They've also made Gungriffon Blaze for the PS2, Lunar Silver Star Harmony for the PSP, and Dokuro for the Vita.

You should really read what was said, instead of just assuming someone is wrong. You should also do a bit more research.

I'm well aware of what they've done, maybe you should too as you left out lunar silver star and eternal blue ported from the sega cd to the sega saturn and eventually PS1, but please, keep telling me how snarky you are from your high horse

Great news for RPG fans! I have Grandia II on PS2 but barely played it back in the day. Somehow it just didn't click with me I guess. I don't know if I'd be interested in getting it for Switch or PC. Too many RPGs in my backlog at the moment, just bought Octopath Traveler too.

17 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

I'm well aware of what they've done, maybe you should too as you left out lunar silver star and eternal blue ported from the sega cd to the sega saturn and eventually PS1, but please, keep telling me how snarky you are from your high horse

Once again, you're trying to correct something that doesn't need correcting, because you didn't read. I never said that was every game that's been released on PS systems. I only listed games that were developed specifically for PS consoles.

The only one trying to be on a high horse is you. I stated an opinion and you tried to correct it, even though there was nothing to correct. If you want to feel superior to someone, then you should at least have your facts straight, and actually read what was said first.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Back in 1997, I remember playing the first Grandia on my Sega Saturn, where I didn't understand a word of Japanese. Oh, those were the good old days. The Japanese VO had more passion, too.

While I appreciate the ps1 translation, albeit flawed, the English voice acting was dismal as fuck. Game Arts should've had Working Designs localise the game back then.

Grandia II's acting and translation is perfect the way it is. It's a shame that the remaster isn't appearing on the ps4 any time soon. :( 

Edited by thepeaguy

Grandia 1 japanese had old school voice actors like Hidaka Noriko as Feena (main roles in anime such as Gunbuster, Nadia - Secret of Blue Water, Akazukin Chacha and Ranma 1/2). I'd love to replay the undub someday, though I think Grandia 2 is overall more fun. Interesting, but remastering sprite heavy games like Grandia 1 could lead to it look way less appealing than the original.

• 2 weeks later...