Hard Mode?

aZombieDictator

3 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

The code to unlock hard mode is the same as the original

On the main menu (after pressing X), press up, up, down down, left, right, left, right, square, triangle, touchpad

It's not working for me. You do it at the menu before saves right? Ok got it just gotta do it super fast.

Edited by aZombieDictator

21 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

It's not working for me. You do it at the menu before saves right? Ok got it just gotta do it super fast.

I had to press the left side of the touchpad. For some reason it didn't work when pressing the right side.

16 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Hard mode is so much more fun for a game like this. Just took down first boss and the challenge in perfect.

The first boss (calaca) is an easier version than in the first game. the real challenge is saved for the rest of the game! I just didnt start hard mode because i didnt know the codes, but I'm sure I'll have a much bigger challenge,  from what I've already gone through ?

4 hours ago, Nimera said:

The first boss (calaca) is an easier version than in the first game. the real challenge is saved for the rest of the game! I just didnt start hard mode because i didnt know the codes, but I'm sure I'll have a much bigger challenge,  from what I've already gone through 1f601.png

I don't count that fight as the first boss :P

I'm at second temple now. There a fight right before it that was awful...

19 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

I think normal mode is already hard enough... trust me, when you reach some near-the-end levels, challenges and "puzzles" you'll know what I mean...

Starting in Hard mode for the first time is kinda suicide :D

When u do 100% in normal u dont need to do the really tough things in hard mode,for me the hardest thing was the secret dungeon and the last key fragment with the arenas

29 minutes ago, enti01 said:

When u do 100% in normal u dont need to do the really tough things in hard mode,for me the hardest thing was the secret dungeon and the last key fragment with the arenas

That’s what I’m saying... for people that start the game in hard mode and they want 100%, they must complete those parts... there were some arenas for chest that were a pain (lava and bomb birds). Sure it would be piece of pie if you’re playing co-op... but alone in normal is already a difficult section - hard mode must be hardcore :o

I found this game harder than the first.

For me, the lava challenge, bomb bird challenge and that chest I mentioned above are the worst :o

Im playing hard mode in co-op with my best friend for the plat :)

PS: I miss IN-TEN-SOOOO !!!

Ok the second boss can fuck off. Roadblock for me... How is it fair to have a gauntlet that lasts 5-10 minutes then die to have to do it all over again. The second boss is one of the longest and most bullshit bosses I've ever dealt with. Just gonna go explore and grab upgrades before I go back to it. I raged so hard I shut down my stream lol... It's not even a good boss because all it is is fighting basic enemies...

3 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

That’s what I’m saying... for people that start the game in hard mode and they want 100%, they must complete those parts... there were some arenas for chest that were a pain (lava and bomb birds). Sure it would be piece of pie if you’re playing co-op... but alone in normal is already a difficult section - hard mode must be hardcore :o

For me, the lava challenge, bomb bird challenge and that chest I mentioned above are the worst :o

Yes the game is harder as the first one,when u play alone in hard mode some fights are really a pain

18 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

I agree with you, this game is more challenging than the first. but if you play with someone the challenge disappears :P no need to advance things.. some battles are much more difficult than the bosses themselves. I never play anything without first having enough knowledge, although i didnt know about the codes i just didnt started on hard mode because i was already halfway through the game.
PS: those keys challenge are a pain :D

Edited by Nimera
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Zarmatura93 said:

The combat is manageable, even on hard (at least so far), but some of the platforming is really killing me. Stumbled upon the key in Templo de Jade now, and holy shit, it's kicking my ass.

The changing-the-wind platforming in Temple of Obsidian is really tricky too.