Hard Mode?

aZombieDictator

3 hours ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

100% on normal and speedrunning on hard is the optimal route for platinium.

Suffer the chicken Keys on hard to save 3-4 hours it's a nosense

It's really that bad on hard mode? I started hoping to be able to do it all in one playthrough. I really don't wanna have to re do everything on normal, some of those platforming segments are just really annoying.

2 hours ago, Nimera said:

Its the third south exit on the "los manglares" map . get ready because this challenge is complicated

Ahh ok. Thanks. I'll try it out at least. I have no idea what I'm in for with the keys...

23 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

It's really that bad on hard mode? I started hoping to be able to do it all in one playthrough. I really don't wanna have to re do everything on normal, some of those platforming segments are just really annoying.

Ahh ok. Thanks. I'll try it out at least. I have no idea what I'm in for with the keys...

Some battles requires some pratice but this isnt super meat boy so you will get plat soon :)
Any help just let me know

9 minutes ago, Zarmatura93 said:

It's definitively doable. At least for me so far (not done with the game yet), but some of the platforming requires top-notch precision. 

Ahh ok. So then it doesnt matter on hard mode. I'd assume hard mode only affects combat and platforming stays the same throughout.

31 minutes ago, Nimera said:

Some battles requires some pratice but this isnt super meat boy so you will get plat soon :)
Any help just let me know

Ok thanks! I'll probably be on all night streaming it :P I'm at the Infierno. (Second time)

Hard mode is fine for the most part.

No platforming section is as hard as that one in the first game, and there's only one or two fights I personally struggled with. Both were in the same area and meant to offer the toughest combat challenge, though, so maybe they would've been difficult even in normal.

It took me about 12 hours for my playthrough on hard, getting 100%. I don't know how quick it'd be to rush through it, especially without collecting most of the upgrades, but it's probably less time and effort to just do everything in a single playthrough.

Edited by Shadiochao

1 hour ago, Zarmatura93 said:

Chicken Illuminati Crucible... That place is hell on Earth.

The references of this game (not only illuminati) are amazing, a little sense of humor never hurt anyone :D

Spoiler

the funniest thing is that initially you enter that part through the toilet, which in itself says something LOL

2 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

3/5 key pieces acquired! If you wanna see some major rage here you go. 

Great you got through these challenges. ??

5 hours ago, Nimera said:

The references of this game (not only illuminati) are amazing, a little sense of humor never hurt anyone :D

The humor won't, but the difficulty of that place certainly will! ?

EDIT: And there I got the platinum. Overall I will say that the combat is a lot easier than the previous game (the final boss is reaaaally easy)- though some of the platforming is a lot harder. But by trial and error - it can be done.

Edited by Zarmatura93

16 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

It's really that bad on hard mode?

Hard mode it's doable only one key have combat involved.

I already do mayor part on hard and I'm regreting getting 100% on normal first waste of time really

Edited by JhOnNY_HD

Ok can someone please explain to me how the fuck I'm suppose to take down the key boss challenge on hard? That's literally gonna stop me from 100%

I literally can't even take one down 

Ok I'm fucking done with this game. I can't, its causing me too much rage. Just deleted it and I don't know if I'll ever come back to it. Such an amazing game but I just can't do that key combat challenge with my anger issues and no way I'm going back on normal mode since I've already done two keys and not doing that again. 

Edited by aZombieDictator

32 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Ok can someone please explain to me how the fuck I'm suppose to take down the key boss challenge on hard? That's literally gonna stop me from 100%

This might sound like an over-simplification, but just focus on getting one of them down as fast as possible. When the second appears, ignore him. Keep nuking the first one - and when the third one arrives, ignore him and nuke the first one down.The fight is a cake-walk when there's only two of them, as that gives you a lot of time to heal.

It took me a couple of tries, but you'll get there eventually.

53 minutes ago, Zarmatura93 said:

This might sound like an over-simplification, but just focus on getting one of them down as fast as possible. When the second appears, ignore him. Keep nuking the first one - and when the third one arrives, ignore him and nuke the first one down.The fight is a cake-walk when there's only two of them, as that gives you a lot of time to heal.

It took me a couple of tries, but you'll get there eventually.

I've been at it for a half hour focusing only on one and I've yet to kill one... I just can't do it...

Also is there anything that the random mimic in infierno does?

On 26.8.2018 at 4:25 AM, aZombieDictator said:

I've been at it for a half hour focusing only on one and I've yet to kill one... I just can't do it...

How upgraded are you?
How are you fighting them? It's not that difficult once you find out which attacks you can dodge and which attacks you'll have to jump over/away form. The charge and beam is not possible to dodge, so you'll have to jump over/stay away from that. The rest of the attacks are easily dodgeable and telegraphed.
How much health do you have when the third one spawn? You should go into that phase with full health. Whenever your health starts slightly dropping - get on the complete opposite side of them and start healing. When they charge at you, jump at the wall and over them. Make your way to the other side and continue healing. Then attack when your comfortable - mainly focusing on attacking one of them (ignore the other one). If you get into the last phase with full health and one of them low on health, it shouldn't be too difficult to get him down before you're overwhelmed by attacks. Once one of them is down, it gives you room to start healing again - and then you should be fine.

Edited by Zarmatura93

12 hours ago, Zarmatura93 said:

How upgraded are you?
How are you fighting them? It's not that difficult once you find out which attacks you can dodge and which attacks you'll have to jump over/away form. The charge and beam is not possible to dodge, so you'll have to jump over/stay away from that. The rest of the attacks are easily dodgeable and telegraphed.
How much health do you have when the third one spawn? You should go into that phase with full health. Whenever your health starts slightly dropping - get on the complete opposite side of them and start healing. When they charge at you, jump at the wall and over them. Make your way to the other side and continue healing. Then attack when your comfortable - mainly focusing on attacking one of them (ignore the other one). If you get into the last phase with full health and one of them low on health, it shouldn't be too difficult to get him down before you're overwhelmed by attacks. Once one of them is down, it gives you room to start healing again - and then you should be fine.

I tried healing but I just keep getting hit and they always spawn the annoying shields, really hard to break the white shield when other are attacking you. I might try again tonight but idk...  That fight was just the perfect storm of what pisses me off.

2 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

I tried healing but I just keep getting hit and they always spawn the annoying shields, really hard to break the white shield when other are attacking you.

Where are you standing when you're healing? For how long are you healing? If you're getting hit, you're either standing too close to them or you're doing it for too long. You should heal in a few short bursts - not one long. Heal for one second - dodge/evade attack - get away from them - heal for one second - dodge/evade attack - get away - heal. Rinse and repeat until your health is full and you're ready to bring one of theirs HP down for the last one to spawn. Then it's just to unleash all your attack - the white shield should break quickly if you unleash your attacks on one of them. It's about getting him down quickly - so that it opens up room for you to start healing again and slowly taking down the last two. This is pretty much about patience, if you start stressing out and going in for careless attacks without managing your health and dodges up until the last Jaguar spawn, you won't get it.

1 hour ago, Zarmatura93 said:

Where are you standing when you're healing? For how long are you healing? If you're getting hit, you're either standing too close to them or you're doing it for too long. You should heal in a few short bursts - not one long. Heal for one second - dodge/evade attack - get away from them - heal for one second - dodge/evade attack - get away - heal. Rinse and repeat until your health is full and you're ready to bring one of theirs HP down for the last one to spawn. Then it's just to unleash all your attack - the white shield should break quickly if you unleash your attacks on one of them. It's about getting him down quickly - so that it opens up room for you to start healing again and slowly taking down the last two. This is pretty much about patience, if you start stressing out and going in for careless attacks without managing your health and dodges up until the last Jaguar spawn, you won't get it.

I'll try that... I just dont know if I can do it. Just being in ther for 20 seconds frustrates the hell out of me. I don't know what it is but that fight just makes me so mad and I can't do it... Just rage quit again...

15 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

I'll try that... I just dont know if I can do it. Just being in ther for 20 seconds frustrates the hell out of me. I don't know what it is but that fight just makes me so mad and I can't do it... Just rage quit again...

True it's a really damn hard fight, probably took me about 50 minutes atleast.

But here is what I have:

- Try to be full health before the two jaguars arive as well as have a decent combo so that the supers will cost less. Abuse of supers are essential in this fight due to the staggering effect.

- Try to kill 1 jaguar before damaging the rest, but do also care about your combo, retaining your combo by damaging another jaguar is a good choice. This most likely also staggers so you have 1 jaguar less to deal with for a second.

- Don't try to heal after the first jaguar died, I just notice that my combo is done by then and that resulted most of the time in a loss for me due to the less abusive use of supers..

- You probably won't need this but if for some reason you want to play it slow, then you can also try to wall fly back and forth. Staggers jaguars and even blocks the dash and spin jump (most of the time...).

Most important is too try and stagger the jaguars => by supers. It can be hard if your unlucky but if your lucky and all jaguars are close to the same position and aren't doing the dash or the beam (aren't staggerable most of the time) then you can pretty much hold them in the same place, destroying their shields and do massive damage, while your combo is increasing like crazy. This luck literally carried me to 1 jaguar giving me all the time to just heal to ensure victory, because thats easy with 1 jaguar.

But hey I will stamp this as the hardest fight in whole guacamelee atleast. Atleast 20x harder then the final boss of guacamelee! 2 :awesome:

Oh and speaking of that... patch 1.01 rolled out and the final boss is now harder yaaaaaaaay (still easy but now way faster and a little bit harder, atleast the boring first phase is now more challenging and less boring)

1 hour ago, Bumperklever said:

True it's a really damn hard fight, probably took me about 50 minutes atleast.

But here is what I have:

- Try to be full health before the two jaguars arive as well as have a decent combo so that the supers will cost less. Abuse of supers are essential in this fight due to the staggering effect.

- Try to kill 1 jaguar before damaging the rest, but do also care about your combo, retaining your combo by damaging another jaguar is a good choice. This most likely also staggers so you have 1 jaguar less to deal with for a second.

- Don't try to heal after the first jaguar died, I just notice that my combo is done by then and that resulted most of the time in a loss for me due to the less abusive use of supers..

- You probably won't need this but if for some reason you want to play it slow, then you can also try to wall fly back and forth. Staggers jaguars and even blocks the dash and spin jump (most of the time...).

Most important is too try and stagger the jaguars => by supers. It can be hard if your unlucky but if your lucky and all jaguars are close to the same position and aren't doing the dash or the beam (aren't staggerable most of the time) then you can pretty much hold them in the same place, destroying their shields and do massive damage, while your combo is increasing like crazy. This luck literally carried me to 1 jaguar giving me all the time to just heal to ensure victory, because thats easy with 1 jaguar.

But hey I will stamp this as the hardest fight in whole guacamelee atleast. Atleast 20x harder then the final boss of guacamelee! 2 :awesome:

Oh and speaking of that... patch 1.01 rolled out and the final boss is now harder yaaaaaaaay (still easy but now way faster and a little bit harder, atleast the boring first phase is now more challenging and less boring)

I've tried literally everything and I still can't do it.... I'm gonna need to like hire someone to come over to my house so we can co op lol. I don't what the fuck it is but this fight is literally impossible for me. Maybe I'll come back in a year and re do everything on normal...

Edit: Wow after like an hour I took one down... then immediately died

Holy shit finally!!! I spent like 3 minutes at the end dodging and healing.... that was an absolutely insane fight. 

Edited by aZombieDictator