What's the point of letting you update every hour if you can get IP banned for updating every hour?

2 minutes ago, BigHonkingOne said:

I agree thats really frustrating. Were you using the back button on your browser at all? It looks like that resubmits the update request when I do it. So maybe you sent a ton of requests in the meantime you didnt think about.

I'm fairly certain I never went back. I think one time I was 5 minutes early so that might have done me in. 

27 minutes ago, Ash Williams said:

It's a conspiracy to get you to pay for premium membership :D

I could see this happen as a site called writer.com has done something like that where a error will pop up every time you try to read a story on the site, it is annoying and yeah I could see this crap happening.

I don't really get how IP banned triggered now. Few months ago, I got IP banned, and I only update my own profile around 5 times in entire day. Then, later that night I  got IP banned. I understand if people update too many other people's accounts in short amount time will be banned. With only few times a day or once every hour for their own account, that doesn't make any sense.

36 minutes ago, GTA_Darren said:

I don't really get how IP banned triggered now. Few months ago, I got IP banned, and I only update my own profile around 5 times in entire day. Then, later that night I  got IP banned. I understand if people update too many other people's accounts in short amount time will be banned. With only few times a day or once every hour for their own account, that doesn't make any sense.

It usually goes over naturally, but else, just talk to Sly in chat.

3 hours ago, Ash Williams said:

It's a conspiracy to get you to pay for premium membership :D

I've been a premium member for awhile and have been IP banned for a bit three separate times. It happens way too easily especially if you are running an event. Currently am right now. :shakefist:

I've definitely updated my profile once an hour for two or three hours consecutively. I've also tried updating it two or three times in a row when I was only a few minutes away from an update.  I've never had an IP ban :dunno: Is it possible for someone else on your IP to also have been using the site? Are you using a VPN?

2 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

I've definitely updated my profile once an hour for two or three hours consecutively. I've also tried updating it two or three times in a row when I was only a few minutes away from an update.  I've never had an IP ban :dunno: Is it possible for someone else on your IP to also have been using the site? Are you using a VPN?

Nope. No one besides me using PSNprofiles. I still love the site, but being restricted for using a feature in the intended manner is just dumb. And no VPN. Just my regular IP address.

This had been brought up a lot recently. People getting banned etc from updating. Wtf is going on! I want to really believe the banners are not at fault and just the auto ban system at fault here but then everyone is guilty before proven to me....

6 hours ago, BHK3 said:

Before I was premium I was never banned and I would update every hour I could sometimes. 

Same here it must be some new site glitch what's worse unobtainable update or a trophy guess the trophy cause sly will repair it devs don't ?xD

Edited by PlatynowyKot

On 8/22/2018 at 2:18 AM, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

This had been brought up a lot recently. People getting banned etc from updating. Wtf is going on! I want to really believe the banners are not at fault and just the auto ban system at fault here but then everyone is guilty before proven to me....

What are you even talking about?

There's an auto ban system, which I've no idea how exactly works, but it triggers when you manually update profiles too often.

This doesn't just go for updating your own account, so people who talk about non-premium being banned, people who can't update more than once per hour, well, they're wrong. You can update other profiles. If you request too many updates within a too short period of time, you'll get auto IP banned.

I'm sure Sly might manually IP ban someone who abuse the site in various ways, but this I don't think is very common.

As for "guilty until proven innocent" stuff. Is that a reference to disputes? Not even there you're guilty until proven innocent. You don't get flagged just because someone report you. That report has to be manually approved, so someone must have looked at the evidence and found you guilty, and then if you're wrongly flagged, you can dispute it.

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

What are you even talking about?

What don't you get?

I'm simply saying there has been a lot of members recently simply stating they had been ip banned because they been updating their profiles and that I don't believe the auto ban is at fault but they themselves are updating somehow more than they think.

And no, no reference to disputes. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...