2019 may be a great year for games.

Crzy Minus

You've got Resident Evil 2 Remake, Kingdom Hearts 3, Metro Exodus, Days Gone, Devil May Cry 5 and Sekiro Shadows Die Twice (including Anthem, Crackdown 3 and The Division 2 if anyone cares about those too). All coming out within the span of January to March.

I haven't seen an early lineup this strong since 2017, what are you guys getting and looking forward to?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Xillia said:

I'm not interested in any of these. Looks like I'll save some money.

I would call you crazy but I also wish I was as into and as good at JRPGs as you are, I'm hopeless at them but I want to get into them more, I have a ton of them but no idea where to start, my experience in the area is literally just the entry-level stuff like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts! 

11 minutes ago, LepreCon1991 said:

I would call you crazy but I also wish I was as into and as good at JRPGs as you are, I'm hopeless at them but I want to get into them more, I have a ton of them but no idea where to start, my experience in the area is literally just the entry-level stuff like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts! 

Ah you flatter me :giggle: You just need time and patience for most of those games.

• Like 1

Out of all of those, I think the only really must play one is going to be KH3.

RE2 will do fine, but will really only appeal to older fans of the series.

The Metro series has never done especially well. It's never done terribly, but it's not especially good either. Exodus looks like more of the same.

I don't think Days Gone will end up being very good. Just looking at the trailers it looks like it's trying to be way more epic than it really is, and it's just going to disappoint people.

DMC5 is likely going to disappoint everyone too. At best, it'll probably be considered good, but not exceptional. It will likely be compared to better games like Bayonetta 2.

Shadows Die Twice looks cool, but will likely only really appeal to a niche audience. There's a reason stealth ninja games died out. Most people will probably just find it frustrating.

I've said from the beginning Anthem was going to be bad, and seeing a gameplay trailer just solidified that.

Crackdown 3 is not going to be especially big, or likely very good. It's made too many promises and been in development too long, and likely won't deliver.

Anyway, point being that it's likely just going to be another okay year. There are lots of decent games worth playing coming out, but not much really spectacular or that will be a must play. Not like last year when we got Horizon Zero Dawn, Breath of the Wild, Sonic Mania, and Super Mario Odyssey. Even this year where we've gotten games like Dragon Ball FighterZ, Monster Hunter World, God of War, so far. Next year, I really only see 1 must play game, and a bunch of good games, if you like that kind of game. Honestly, it's rare we get more than 1 or 2 must play games in a year, and next year is looking like no exception.

If you're into those games, then that's awesome for you, and next year is going to be a great year for you, but that doesn't make it a great year for gaming as a whole.

• Like 1

Yeah, there are a lot of great-looking titles set to come out next year, but honestly, I don't remember the last time we had a bad year for new gaming releases. Some years are better than others of course, but it feels like we're saying "20XX is a great year for gaming" every year. :P It's nice that this generation is ending on a high note, though. Once the next generation of consoles comes out, it'll probably take a while until we start seeing the constant barrage of great titles we've enjoyed during the latter half of this gen.

This about my current list of games that I want for 2019 if all of them do come out in that year that is
Kingdom Hearts III
Granblue Fantasy?
The Sinking City
The Division 2
Metro Exodus
Days Gone
Shadows Die Twice
Devil May Cry 5
Digimon Survive
Code Vein
Jump Force
Pokemon Gen 8
Ori and the Will of the Wisp
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
Luigi's Mansion
Sea of Solitude
Doom Eternal 
Dreams
Biomutant
RPG Maker MV
Death End Re;Quest
Dying Light 2
The Last of Us Part II
Ghost of Tsushima
Spirit of the North

Not going to be buying all these day 1 though(kind of been trying to stop doing that since by the time I get around to playing them the games would've dropped in price already)

I'd probably would put Cyberpunk 2077 and Beyond Good & Evil 2 onto this list but there is no way those are coming out in 2019 or probably anytime soon.

Days Gone is on the top of that list for me, followed by the RE2 remake and KH3. Possibly DMC5, but I figure I should play some of its prequels first.

Otherwise The Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding are up there with Days Gone as other titles I'm looking forward to.

I pre-ordered

Sekiro

Devil May Cry 5

Kingdom Hearts 3

Cyberpunk 2077

Jump Force

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Games I am interested coming probably in 2019

Ghosts of Tsushima

Bloodstained: Ritual of the night

Mario & Luigi: Bowser inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

Pokemon Gen