DON'T START! Plat curently impossible.(Now just very hard)

Gr4de_04

8 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I'm pretty sure the meaning of "impossible" means it can't actually be done.  Yet, how you worded it, shows that it actually can be done, just very, very difficult, meaning one can still get the platinum, just with more skill and luck involved.

Yeah, i dunno if you've played it, But it really is a 1 in a billion chance with the current patch. Trying to do Elite on which most people take 80-140 lives is just undoable with just 5 lives.

1 minute ago, BHK3 said:

Does the game come patched when downloaded?

Yup. The only way for it to be unpatched is by already having it installed and not allowing the 1.02 patch to happen. They are making a physical copy of the game, but i assume this has the patched pre-installed.

7 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

Yeah, i dunno if you've played it, But it really is a 1 in a billion chance with the current patch. Trying to do Elite on which most people take 80-140 lives is just undoable with just 5 lives.

I guess it was just the way was used is all.  But yeah, sounds like a extremely tough game.  I've not played it yet myself, but I may still check it out at some point.

I guess only very, very, very talented players can get it done for the time being by the sounds of it x.x

9 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

Yup. The only way for it to be unpatched is by already having it installed and not allowing the 1.02 patch to happen. They are making a physical copy of the game, but i assume this has the patched pre-installed.

Is this game not on the PS3 as well? PS3 shouldn't auto-download the patch.

It's also on the vita which I don't think auto-downloads patches.

• Like 1

Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

I guess it was just the way was used is all.  But yeah, sounds like a extremely tough game.  I've not played it yet myself, but I may still check it out at some point.

I guess only very, very, very talented players can get it done for the time being by the sounds of it x.x

At this point, you need some Sword Art Online invincibility bug to beat the game on these difficulties haha. Talent or skill isn't really a factor with this game anyway.

1 minute ago, Kittet3 said:

Is this game not on the PS3 as well? PS3 shouldn't auto-download the patch.

It's also on the vita which I don't think auto-downloads patches.

Hmmm. good point there. This game cross saves from what I've heard. But I currently don't have the opportunity to test this out. I can confirm however that 1.02 save files work just fine on 1.01 versions of the game. (I was on vacation when the patched hitted and played the game there. save worked just fine on my 1.01 when i got home and played on my own Ps4.) Although my save was originally from 1.01, so that may have been a factor.

10 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

At this point, you need some Sword Art Online invincibility bug to beat the game on these difficulties haha. Talent or skill isn't really a factor with this game anyway.

Hmmm. good point there. This game cross saves from what I've heard. But I currently don't have the opportunity to test this out. I can confirm however that 1.02 save files work just fine on 1.01 versions of the game. (I was on vacation when the patched hitted and played the game there. save worked just fine on my 1.01 when i got home and played on my own Ps4.) Although my save was originally from 1.01, so that may have been a factor.

Usually you need to be on the latest patch to do anything online. I'm not sure if cross-save is considered "online". Either way, it should still be possible via offline coop on the PS3.

Just now, Kittet3 said:

Usually you need to be on the latest patch to do anything online. I'm not sure if cross-save is considered "online". Either way, it should still be possible via offline coop on the PS3.

Co-op actually makes the game much harder unless you and your friend are well-oiled machines. The game spawns in more and stronger enemies and half the time you can't even see whats going on due to all the enemies on screen. Also, newly installing the game on ps3 now will install the patch with it. So your suggestion only works for people who already have it installed there. But a nice tip none the less.

26 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

Another option but a costly one I’m sure the strictly limited physical copies do not have the patch on the discs if it was just recently patched

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

Co-op actually makes the game much harder unless you and your friend are well-oiled machines. The game spawns in more and stronger enemies and half the time you can't even see whats going on due to all the enemies on screen. Also, newly installing the game on ps3 now will install the patch with it. So your suggestion only works for people who already have it installed there. But a nice tip none the less.

PS3 does not install the patch at download- that's a feature only on the PS4. I just downloaded the game and it put me on version 1.00. Are there any issues with trophies on version 1.00? Otherwise you can play the game offline on that version and then "upgrade" to the current version when you get the two trophies.

5 minutes ago, BigHonkingOne said:

A timely notification. I've been starting a bunch of games lately and I've been debating this one since it sits at the top of my library when I sort it alphabetically.

I'm with you- this and 10 Second Ninja are always on the top of my list and I'm never going to get to neither of them :P

4 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

I just downloaded the game and it put me on version 1.00. Are there any issues with trophies on version 1.00?

you could also download the 1st patch and cancel the 2nd 1 if there are any problems with the base game.

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Leenewbe said:

you could also download the 1st patch and cancel the 2nd 1 if there are any problems with the base game.

I'm not sure what patch 1.01 does. Update history on Playstation says:

''

- Adjustment to Navigation Online Multiplayer

- New content available asl DLC

''

Which is also wrong cuz DLC is 1.02 but there are no 1.02 update notes as if the patch was non-existent.

3 hours ago, gamesfourever said:

Just wanted to alarm everyone that the chances of getting the platinum are now one in a billion due to the latest patch which prevents point farming. This means its no longer possible to farm lives for the higher difficulties. Making the trophies Not so Hard... and Elite Player pretty much impossible due to how unfair the game is on higher difficulties. This concerns patch 1.02. If you have not yet installed this patch and have the game already installed. Make sure not to install the patch and get these 2 trophies as soon as possible. I have written a complaint/request to their developers, which you can also find below. Feel free to mail them too at their contact page. I have also included a warning on the trophy guide for the time being. Hopefully, they are nice devs and will reverse the problem that the latest patch brought with itself.

My e-mail:

Dear Qubyte Interactive,

I've got an issue with the latest patch of your game '99Vidas'. Before the latest patch, if you were to use the'stage select' option in-game you could choose a stage and play it. Afterward, it would throw you back to the stage selection with your points intact, which you could then spend on upgrades and lives in the shop. I'm sure that you are aware that 99vidas is extremely unfair in terms of difficulty. Therefore, replaying the same stages over and over again in order to farm lives is a requirement for beating the game on Hard and Elite difficulty. For example, you would easily need at least 100 lives on the Elite difficulty in order to clear it.

Now here's the problem:

Whereas previously you could replay the same stages over and over again in stage select. This is no longer possible in the latest patch. Instead, if you clear stage 1-5 it will throw you into the next stage respectively. And if you were to play a bonus stage it throws you into stage 2 after completion. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, But with the game already being this incredibly difficult, I don't think its fair to consumers to prevent them from farming points/lives.

I am an achievement hunter myself and if this 'stage select bug' as i will call it is not fixed, many people like myself simply can not clear the game on hard and elite difficulty. It's simply a chance of 1 in a billion with the current patch.

I ask of you to fix the stage selection again so that it is once more possible to beat the game on Hard and Elite difficulty.

Regards,

my real name

It's patch 1.04 that fixed it. I'm on 1.03 that came with the game and it works on this version.

42 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Umm... mine is version 1.03 :P 

Haven't started it yet but I don't mind passing on it, I have plenty of games like this in my backlog.

You're safe on 1.03. You can still use stage select to farm lives

6 hours ago, gamesfourever said:

I'm not sure what patch 1.01 does. Update history on Playstation says:

''

- Adjustment to Navigation Online Multiplayer

- New content available asl DLC

''

Which is also wrong cuz DLC is 1.02 but there are no 1.02 update notes as if the patch was non-existent.

I am not entirely sure if the patch was even released on the Vita - I just downloaded the game and it says version 1.0 and there is no update history available.

But anyway, I don't think I will be going for the plat - my problem with this game is that it has no learning curve, I liked it at the beginning but then every next difficulty level was just more enemies but I was still doing the same button smashing, just more frantically, but with no sense of mastering the game mechanics better. And also for the sake of my Vita and its buttons it's probably better if I put this one away.

• Like 1

Just downloaded the EU version of the game on PS4 and it came installed with 1.01. So it may not be updated on all EU stores yet in case you want to grab it. I'm guessing the US versions are 1.03 and 1.04 respectively.

Personally I was going to play it on the Vita anyway and that's still at 1.00.

1 hour ago, soniq said:

Sounds more like they fixed an exploit and the trophies are now as hard as they were intended to be?

Yeah, you may be right, but this game is nothing like Super Meat Boy, which is insanely hard but at the same time after playing a given level for enough time you feel that you can complete it flawlessly. In this game you just keep smashing two or three attacks the whole time and there is no way you won't get hit by enemies (especially with the controls being rather clunky). And also, if the patch was meant to restore the difficulty conditions initially envisaged by the developers, who would it be addressed to now? The majority of people who wanted to play this game have already done so (and some got the plat as with farming lives it's just tedious but definitely manageable) and the rest (if there is any) will likely not be trophy hunters (who will avoid this game) but casual players who don't give a damn about the elite challenge anyway.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

It's patch 1.04 that fixed it. I'm on 1.03 that came with the game and it works on this version.

You're safe on 1.03. You can still use stage select to farm lives

What platform and what region is this? Im EU (Netherlands) and it says im on the latest patch (1.02) on both PS3 and PS4.

7 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

So... 1.01 version is the good one, right?

Yup. 1.01 never had problems.