Little Dragons Café Trophy Thoughts

MidnightDragon

I have the LE pre-ordered. Not even going to lie, other than wanting the game, I really want the dragon plushie it comes with, lol.

I'm super excited for this game. I'm glad it's coming out on a Friday, as I'm ready to stay up and play into the wee hours of the night!

Edited by ughrora
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, ughrora said:

I have the LE pre-ordered. Not even going to lie, other than wanting the game, I really want the dragon plushie it comes with, lol.

I'm super excited for this game. I'm glad it's coming out on a Friday, as I'm ready to stay up and play into the wee hours of the night!

I’m getting the LE, too. :D 

I am a bit disappointed the plat is just the game name, but that’s a cute image!

Edited by Spyro

This has been a great year for simulation games on the PS4. I just started Slime Rancher and Harvest Moon: Light of Hope after finishing everything in Castaway Paradise except for the last 2 trophies which is a waiting game, all while working on Fallout Shelter here and there. This comes out in just 3 days and have been looking forward to it for a while. My Time at Portia is another one that's suppose to come out on PS4 later this year that I'm interested in. Even Ni No Kuni II has a sim game aspect I enjoy with the kingdom building, and still want to finish that. I'm just bombarded with sim games left and right this year. As for the trophy list, it looks easy assuming none of the collect all trophies are missable, such as missable recipes. Hopefully not.

2 hours ago, ughrora said:

Trust me, you're not the only one. That's the same reason I bought the LE lol.

___

Trophy list looks simple. Can't wait to get into this game :D

1 hour ago, ViceroyVirus said:

Looks relaxing and nice, but afraid it might be a long plat with randomness involved for recipes. From what I've realized harvest moon games are like grinds only

Yeah, as soon as I looked at the trophy list all I could think was this is probably deceiving! :P

Based on the trailer I had hoped this was going to be a cheaper game, but at £45 I think I'll be waiting a few months for it to come down in price before I pick it up. 

4 hours ago, Vrisnem said:

Yeah, as soon as I looked at the trophy list all I could think was this is probably deceiving! :P

Based on the trailer I had hoped this was going to be a cheaper game, but at £45 I think I'll be waiting a few months for it to come down in price before I pick it up. 

I agree, it duoes look an indie game. still not AAA full price, but still kinda expensive

7 hours ago, ViceroyVirus said:

Looks relaxing and nice, but afraid it might be a long plat with randomness involved for recipes. From what I've realized harvest moon games are like grinds only

6 hours ago, Vrisnem said:

Perhaps, perhaps not.

Picking it up this Friday, but won’t be able to start it until next Friday. Kinda sucks, but it can’t be helped really.

To respond to some comments here:

It’s not really diner dash. You can help out at the cafe but you have employees who do the bulk of it. They’ll keep working while you go out and explore, though you do have to stop them from slacking off from time to time. 

For the most part, recipes are not random. Most are found in parts while exploring. That said, some do come from talking to your employees/sibling. I don’t know how or if those stack up but just make sure you talk to the employees from time to time. 

Bit more of a kids game than I had anticipated. I haven’t played Harvest Moon so I dunno how it compares but the sim elements are very light. Mostly focused on solving problems for Cafe/inn patrons which is just listening to their problem for a few days then cooking something for them. The rest is just exploring, gathering ingredients for the cafe, and occasionally cooking via a mini game. Based on my current progress, trophies should be pretty easy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, andyscout said:

Bit more of a kids game than I had anticipated. I haven’t played Harvest Moon so I dunno how it compares but the sim elements are very light. Mostly focused on solving problems for Cafe/inn patrons which is just listening to their problem for a few days then cooking something for them. The rest is just exploring, gathering ingredients for the cafe, and occasionally cooking via a mini game. Based on my current progress, trophies should be pretty easy. 

Harvest Moon isn't really difficult. It's made to be more fun than anything. So that's cool.

On August 22, 2018 at 2:43 PM, andyscout said:

To respond to some comments here:

It’s not really diner dash. You can help out at the cafe but you have employees who do the bulk of it. They’ll keep working while you go out and explore, though you do have to stop them from slacking off from time to time. 

For the most part, recipes are not random. Most are found in parts while exploring. That said, some do come from talking to your employees/sibling. I don’t know how or if those stack up but just make sure you talk to the employees from time to time. 

Sounds simulation heavy to me. All sim games of this type involve exploring and gathering/growing ingredients and resources while doing requests for people, or having others do requests for you such as in Fallout Shelter, but in Fallout Shelter your role is more restricted. Yonder: Cloud Catcher Chronicles is almost pure exploration where you gather ingredients and do requests for people. You can have your own farm as well, but the farm elements are light. You might be thinking of a simulator game, which is a sub-genre of simulation games that are hyper realistic where your role is more refined and restricted, such as Jurassic World Evolution, Cities: Skylines, Farming Simulator, Theme Hospital, Birthdays the Beginning, Flight Simulator, etc. I don't think anyone is going into this expecting it to play like Diner Dash where your role is more restricted and plays like an arcade sim, which means it's more of a strategy mini-game than an actual sim heavy game like Little Dragons Cafe and Harvest Moon. Basically, Diner Dash is sim light in comparison even though it does have a more restricted role like the simulator types.

Edited by h0tNstilettos

On 8/21/2018 at 11:14 PM, ughrora said:

Dragon plushies are my weakness...I bit for the LE also. But I’ve been looking forward to this game for awhile, it looks adorable :)