F1 2018 Trophy Thoughts?

daftpunk_02

This list is really similar to the previous games and honestly, the trophies don't seem to be too hard (I'd say it's going to be a rare Platinum).

Some trophies can be a bit hard-ish as you mentioned, but doesn't look overly difficult.

I really look forward to this 2018 edition but first I need to plat F1 2016 & 2017 ^^

Edited by TheShyAssassin_
  • Like 1

Yeah most of the trophies are same as previous years.

Seems like they took a page out of Project Cars 2's book and added a safety and skill rating for online. The rest of online is just winning 4 races, completing a championship race and ranking up (not sure about using a rival ghost's setup). But all in all it's a pretty doable list.

I'm so ready for this!!

• Like 1

Did last years on both ps4 and xbox, the list looks basically the same. I hope the online is still outta 50 and this years we only need halfway(25) and not that they've just changed the levels lower and its still as long lol.

The online safety rank trophy worries me(which is new), people play online just to cause crashes and you just know you'll get the blame for something that wasn't your fault.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zanarkand99 said:

Did last years on both ps4 and xbox, the list looks basically the same. I hope the online is still outta 50 and this years we only need halfway(25) and not that they've just changed the levels lower and its still as long lol.

The online safety rank trophy worries me(which is new), people play online just to cause crashes and you just know you'll get the blame for something that wasn't your fault.

totally agree

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Not that upgrade trophy again for all the parts in the Career mode... This is going to be a grind, but atleast it is not lvl 50 online but 25.

I only see the one for all upgrades from 1 department, which wasn’t bad at all. The real grind of 75% of all upgrades seems to have gone, which is good news.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dalailama1989 said:

Why do F1 games always come out, when the season is almost done, while FIFA comes shortly after a new season's beginning or NBA even before the new season?

Never really understood that - maybe someone can enlighten me :)

What I think the reason is, is the fact that in F1 you can't really tell what the strength of each team is going to be or even which drivers are gonna be in what team until the season starts. I mean in football players can get a transfer but we all know Messi is still going to be stellar next year and Arsenal still won't win any cups, while we have no idea how good Red Bull will be with the Honda next year.

Anyway, trophy list looks good but I share the concern about that online safety rating. Hopefully it can be done in private matches because I can totally see other people playing bumper cars and somehow you getting the blame for it.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Robinworldwide said:

What I think the reason is, is the fact that in F1 you can't really tell what the strength of each team is going to be or even which drivers are gonna be in what team until the season starts. I mean in football players can get a transfer but we all know Messi is still going to be stellar next year and Arsenal still won't win any cups, while we have no idea how good Red Bull will be with the Honda next year.

Anyway, trophy list looks good but I share the concern about that online safety rating. Hopefully it can be done in private matches because I can totally see other people playing bumper cars and somehow you getting the blame for it.  

Arsenal were last year in the efl cup finals! And 2 years ago they won the fa cup!

But if you are talking about actual championship ohhhhh shhheesshhhh xd....

This is probably the easiest trophy list of all F1 games so far.

They got rid of the 75% upgrade trophy, and that is a great relief because in 2017 you had to do the carreer at least 4 times only for that trophy. Maybe the only time-consuming trophy is Matching a legend, but that's nothing compared to other grindy trophies of the past (looking at you, level 50 in F1 2010...)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robinworldwide said:

But if they were to release it around March/April then they'd definitely know who is driving for each team, and they'd have some idea of which teams will be best after pre-season testing, or even a race or two for an April release.

thank god it's only apply all the upgrades from one department, not all of them. having you race in certain cars is neat, too, as is coercing people into not being morons online. seriously, last year's game was even worse than GT Sport with the rammers and crashers.

14 hours ago, The Titan said:

should I get it? I never played an F1 game. I've played Driveclub and GT Sport.

Only if you're an F1 fan, otherwise you're mostly not gonna like it. The controls are different than other racing games, and for me the game is a little boring because of the many screens you go through and loading times till a race begins.

The big difference between F1 and other games is that you need to know the turns very well cause the braking is very sensitive (The formula is very fast, so if you hold your brake for too long, you'll be left behind) and most of the time when you turn you think you're gonna get out of track boundaries so you slow down, then you realize you're far from getting out of boundaries.

Add to that how easily can other drivers screw you over and cost you the race without getting any penalties and just wonder how F1 2017 got an amazing score of 89 on metacritic.

If you want to play the game solely for trophies, it is just grindy nothing too bad. Winning 4 online races is easy against 1 other person.

Looking at the trophy list for the first time, and I have to say, I'm sad and happy at the same time.

I'm sad, because there are a few trophies who look the same and have the same title as in F1 2017. I was thinking about buying this game and make some more multiplayer videos. Don't get me wrong, I play games because of fun and entertainment. Trophies are not that important for me, but I don't want to get the same trophies over and over again.

On the other side, I'm happy because I already reached online rank 50 in F1 2017 back in March. This means I can now focus 100% on the multiplayer of F1 2010. I still have 306'000 XP left there to reach rank 50 and I'm close to 46 now.