Langrisser 1 & 2 remakes coming to PS4 and Nintendo Switch

SnowxSakura

"

Chara-Ani teased a “restart” for the Langrisser series earlier this month, and this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine revealed it as a full remake of Langrisser I & II, the first two entries of the strategy RPG series. [Thanks, Hachima.]

The Langrisser I & II remake are full remakes, meaning everything from the ground up. It’ll keep its original charm intact, and will have completely revamped character designs. The scenario will be fully-voiced, and it’ll have optimized systems and UI.

The game is being made so that new players can play comfortably, and there will be cut-in scenes during battles. Character designs that were previously handled by Satoshi Urushihara will be done by Ryo Nagi, who worked as a character designer on the Ar Tonelico series.

Chara-Ani is handling the planning and production of Langrisser I & II. An announcement event for hte game is set for August 29, 2018.

Langrisser I & II is in development for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. The game’s development is at 50% complete."

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/22/langrisser-i-ii-are-getting-remakes-on-playstation-4-and-nintendo-switch/

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Helmet_time said:

Pretty cool.  Langrisser was one of those little-known PS2 gems. 

I wonder if we'll see an English release

Well only one of the langrisser games came out on the ps2 with the 3rd one, but it came on a variety of consoles, although only the first game on the genesis and that 3ds game received an official localization

• 2 weeks later...