No new Assassin's Creed in 2019

MidnightDragon

There won't just not be a new "main" Assassin's Creed entry, either; Ubisoft also won't release any sort of spin-off or smaller game. Instead, explained Guillemot, Ubisoft plans to extend this year's entry, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, as much as possible through DLC.

I figured they'd resort to milking it with DLCs. In comparison to main games, DLCs are much cheaper to create and net more profit.

• Like 1

The article makes no mention of remasters, just no full games or spin-offs. Does this mean we could potentially get an Assassin's Creed or Assassin's Creed III remaster next year instead? Hopefully if they do a remaster of the Original it will be better then the shitty remaster they did for Assassin's Creed II.

They'll probably still do a remaster or two. the first AC and AC III remain unremastered still. Personally I didn't mind annual releases but I'm also a big AC fan so the entries people weren't too happy with I still greatly enjoyed

Pretty happy to heard this. I love every single game of the Assassin's Creed franchise but I have to admit, I'm getting tired of AC games and Odyssey doesn't look to interesting for me (no hidden blade, the story isn't canon, no first civilization).

I hope that the future of Assassin's Creed is good, I would like on game in my country, I think it would be pretty good because it could add naval gameplay again and you could go to Brazil, Cape Verde, Angola, etc (every portuguese cologne), I think this would only be possible on next gen consoles.

Probably the next AC game will release to PS4 and PS5 since the next generation will come probably around 2020 or 2021

15 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Personally, I'd love a new Prince of Persia.

While that would be a better idea than every franchise I listed (I have every single Prince of Persia game since Sands of Time)... I'm okay with just letting franchises die off. Sometimes, they do what they needed to do and it's perfectly fine if they just stop releasing new entries.

Personally, an even better idea would be investing in new IP. Show us something new, something fresh!

(Not unlike what Assassin's Creed was back in 2007, actually)

E3

Me: "Hey look, they announced a new Assassin's Creed game, looks dope."

My friend: "Nah, I don't like AC, it's SO boring, can't stand that game. Every year always the same thing over and over, Ubisoft really knows how to milk this franchise."

Launch Day

Me: "Powerpyx posted his guide for the game, rated difficulty: 3/10."

My friend: "Imma buy it"

Every year this is what happens, I imagine with you guys is no different. Sometimes he even buys before I do.

Edited by PhantomBlade19
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, majob said:

After how the last one performed, I'd be surprised if we see one anytime soon.

12 hours ago, jrdemr said:

While that would be a better idea than every franchise I listed (I have every single Prince of Persia game since Sands of Time)... I'm okay with just letting franchises die off. Sometimes, they do what they needed to do and it's perfectly fine if they just stop releasing new entries.

Personally, an even better idea would be investing in new IP. Show us something new, something fresh!

(Not unlike what Assassin's Creed was back in 2007, actually)

Forgotten Sands was indeed disappointing. I liked PoP 2008 and wanted a sequel to see how the story would continue, but too bad that one wasn't received well with lots of fans. Wouldn't be surprised if Ubi did an AC game set in Persia though :P .

27 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Forgotten Sands was indeed disappointing. I liked PoP 2008 and wanted a sequel to see how the story would continue, but too bad that one wasn't received well with lots of fans. Wouldn't be surprised if Ubi did an AC game set in Persia though :P .

Too much on the nose :P

I liked PoP 2008 too and would have liked to see a sequel... but the chances of that are slim at best. As you said, Forgotten Sands was disappointing, and in retrospect, Warrior Within and The Two Thrones weren't all that good either. Funny how apparently Ubisoft only seems to get Prince of Persia right with the first entry (and the first Assassin's Creed is also still my favorite, to be honest).

13 hours ago, majob said:

After how the last one performed, I'd be surprised if we see one anytime soon.

36 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It's been long enough to reboot the prince yet again. If BG&E can get another game, maybe Prince of Persia will aswell. They'll just have to figure out how to turn it into an open world service game first. :D

7 minutes ago, jrdemr said:

Too much on the nose :P

I liked PoP 2008 too and would have liked to see a sequel... but the chances of that are slim at best. As you said, Forgotten Sands was disappointing, and in retrospect, Warrior Within and The Two Thrones weren't all that good either. Funny how apparently Ubisoft only seems to get Prince of Persia right with the first entry (and the first Assassin's Creed is also still my favorite, to be honest).

I like The Two Thrones, it's my favourite PoP game in the series. Warrior Within is by far my least favourite. Favourite AC game has to be AC2, the game was a huge improvement over the first one and the setting is interesting. Black Flag is very good too, but that's more of a Pirate's Creed with some ties to assassins :lol: .

2 minutes ago, soniq said:

It's been long enough to reboot the prince yet again. If BG&E can get another game, maybe Prince of Persia will aswell. They'll just have to figure out how to turn it into an open world service game first. :D

Open world PoP would be amazing.

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I like The Two Thrones, it's my favourite PoP game in the series. Warrior Within is by far my least favourite. Favourite AC game has to be AC2, the game was a huge improvement over the first one and the setting is interesting. Black Flag is very good too, but that's more of a Pirate's Creed with some ties to assassins :lol: .

Two Thrones is by far my least favorite. There's just something in that game that doesn't "click" with me. The whole thing just seems unpolished, inconsistent and lacking any creative vision.

Warrior Within, on the other hand, I think is a good game. At least it has a consistent vision and the gameplay is solid. Shame the story makes absolutely no sense in retrospect. Even Two Thrones was better in that regard.

The Sands of Time is by far my favorite. It has the best story, the best gameplay and the best creative vision.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2018 at 11:23 AM, jrdemr said:

Thank God.

These guys need to understand that there is such a thing as franchise fatigue. Do one, like every three years, max. Release something else in the meantime, like Watch Dogs or Far Cry.

We just had Far Cry 5, so I'm going to say no to that. Make a new IP, or better yet make a new Tom Clancy Splinter Cell game, or a new Rayman game even though that series doesn't exactly attract the masses.

Watch Dogs 2 came out in 2016, so maybe it's time for a new game? Too early to tell, and I much rather see a brand new IP from Ubisoft rather than crank out shit like they've been doing.

On 8/23/2018 at 4:27 AM, jrdemr said:

Two Thrones is by far my least favorite. There's just something in that game that doesn't "click" with me. The whole thing just seems unpolished, inconsistent and lacking any creative vision.

Warrior Within, on the other hand, I think is a good game. At least it has a consistent vision and the gameplay is solid. Shame the story makes absolutely no sense in retrospect. Even Two Thrones was better in that regard.

The Sands of Time is by far my favorite. It has the best story, the best gameplay and the best creative vision.

Two Thrones starred a more goofy Prince, a silly Vizier and a cautious Farah. Warrior Within had the best protagonist (starring a different voice actor), but tried too hard to be edgy and appealing to horny teenagers.

Trophy lists for all three games were horrible, but I suppose you played the whole trilogy back on the Playstation 2 and thus you didn't have to deal with that crap.