Some trophies don't pop

So... I was playing this game again because I was bored, I said "let's try Passive Aggression again" (because last time it didn't work... anyway, that's not the topic).

I noticed that I haven't earned some trophies that are about accomplishing a number of things... like Field Agent (pick lock 25 doors), Cyber Warfare (collect data from 47 computers) or Privacy Matters (shoot 25 cameras). After looking in some internet guides and other sites, they all say that these trophies should pop on your second playthrough...

Well, I've completed the game 3 times, and never got them. Everyone says that they count in multiple playthroughs, so I don't know... but I'm pretty sure I should have at least Cyber Warfare, I'm a completionist and at least in one playthrough have always tried to investigate every corner (damn, I managed to grab Grinko during the shootout).

Someone knows what the problem might be, or is it normal? Or maybe some are in one playthrough, but I doubt it, these guides deny it... plus, I have Fatal Embrace and it's supposed to take more time...

I can understand why this game's HD version pisses off so many people

I played this game and all the trophies popped when they should have. I guess I got lucky as I've heard many stories of people having problems with them. The 3 accumulative ones you mentioned popped as I was continually replaying the start of one of the earlier missions (the Defence Ministry one). Maybe doing that keeps the totals done during the previous playthrough, while starting a new one resets them. Also, I have the disc version of the game.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I had the same problem with lock picks and cameras. Are you by any chance saving in different save slots each time? I heard a rumour that (for some bizarre reason) that made the counter reset each time you changed save slots for either saving or loading. Grinded them out sicking to just one save slot and it finally pinged (although still felt like I did more than 25 locks). 

• 4 months later...

The same thing has just happened to me. My first playthrough was on hard and i got all the trophies i wanted. The 2nd playthrough, the trophies i tried for never popped at the end of the game. this included "not using a medikit" "complete on normal" "no alarms" "no letha kills" - it may be i killed too many, but to say i didnt achieve all those shows me the game is glitched.

I will also add i used multiple saves "save0, save 1" ect

i will be trying for them again, but using only 1 save!

• 6 months later...

I had the same problem with lock picks and cameras. Are you by any chance saving in different save slots each time? I heard a rumour that (for some bizarre reason) that made the counter reset each time you changed save slots for either saving or loading. Grinded them out sicking to just one save slot and it finally pinged (although still felt like I did more than 25 locks).

This is the answer: use always the same save!!

• 6 months later...

Hi guys,

I have beaten this game three times and have still not gotten the trophies Immune, Stealth Operative, and Urban Legend. I never use a health pack, I have never raised an alarm, and have never died more than five times. I have deleted the game data and still nothing. I hope someone has some tips or advice.

Thanks in advance

Wes

• 4 months later...

I'm so annoyed at this game. On my old PSN ID, I got all of the hardest trophies for this game by using the "flashdrive backup" trick cited at another forum. Backing up at every start of a new level and whenever an autosave happens, plus saving to Save0 before hard sections, and quitting-deleting save-restoring backup-reloading game whenever I died, raised an alarm or killed more than three enemies in a level.

On my new PSN ID, I've now beaten the game twice while meeting all these requirements, and the trophies still haven't popped. I don't know what's going on.

Things I've noticed:

1- If you KO more than eight enemies and drop their bodies in the same room (like in the freezer section in Misson #7), soldiers #9 and #10 lose body temp....sometimes just one of them. That counts as one of the three kills on us. I wonder if this also means you can't KO more than eight enemies per level (even if you don't put the bodies in the same room or nearby areas to one another). In any case, the Immune trophy should still have unlocked in this scenario, even if Passive Aggression didn't;

2- Deleting the save (because you either died, raised an alarm or killed more enemies than you should have) and restarting the game WITHOUT restoring the backup from the flashdrive, sometimes WILL RESTORE the savefile you JUST DELETED.... This leads me to think that, even if we restore the backup from the flashdrive, it might be being overwritten, meaning alarms, kills and deaths are not being kept at 0.

I don't know what else to do for this dumb game to just work and not glitch on me.

Edited by StephyMV

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

Maybe this will help somebody.

I was strugling with Stealth Operative. Attempted it like 6+ times. Tried many tips from the Internet, including saving on one slot, backing up save to usb stick and reloading uppon getting detected, etc. Nothing worked, I was doing something wrong.

Finally got it. I believe what helped is:

- immediately after saving pause the game and wait for about 5-10 seconds, until disk diode stops blinking. Most likely, when the game let's you play after saving it still writes data to the disk. If you are detected during this time info about alert gets to the save. Backing it up and reloading at that point changes nothing. It's not my theory - i read it somewhere and it makes sense. Btw, I got detected and triggered alerts a few times during the playthrough, I was reloading the last save without quiting the game, normal way, and still got the trophy with this strategy.

- doing as few knockouts as possible, following Centerstrain01's walkthrough https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3F871E84702EBA17 This is to minimize the risk that the game will consider a body as not hid well enough at the end of a level.

• 1 year later...
On 4/15/2017 at 6:17 PM, fraserwalkr said:

Just wanted to contribute my experiences for anyone who might read this in the future.

I was having trouble with a few of the bronze misc. trophies during "clean up" where I was only using level select, after I'd finished my normal play through. I hypothesized that choosing level select from the main menu might actually be resetting my counts for Cyber Warfare and Field Agent in particular, so I noted how many data terminals and lockpicks per attempt of the Defense Ministry level using the "Save & Restart" method from the trophy guide: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3288-tom-clancys-splinter-cell-hd-trophy-guide#3-tips-strategies under "Farming misc. trophies" section.

Sure enough, under the assumption that I was starting at 0, I ran through the CIA level once, then without quitting to the main menu, started running through the beginning of the Defense Ministry level over and over. I correctly predicted on which attempts I'd unlock both Cyber Warfare and Field Agent, which seemed to confirm the assumption that I was indeed starting at 0.

My conclusion is, in order to be as efficient as possible, after you've finished your playthrough, load your current save (I always tried to use only one save slot) which should be somewhere in the presidential palace level presumably, and from there load up the defense ministry level and proceed to use the Save & Restart method. The idea being, by loading your save first, your counts for all the misc. trophies won't be 0, but will be whatever they've accumulated to since the beginning of the playthrough, thus making the process much faster. And try to plan to do this all in one sitting, it hopefully shouldn't take too long, just to be on the safe side, however if not, I'd expect you'd want to load your most recent save first, THEN load the level you want to farm. Hope this helps

I know this is an almost seven year old post, but I've got to confirm what you've detailed here. It only took me 18 runs + 1 extra run to get 'Field Agent' and 'Fatal Embrace' using your above method! So your theory about first loading your current save before proceeding to grind out the remaining trophies holds true. Another really useful tip that should save some people time cleaning up their remaining trophies. Great find!

• 1 month later...

Holy sheesh,

Nostalgia kicked me and I wanted to play those Games. Also read through the Roadmap, didnt seemed to hard. But wow... those glitches seem very anoying. I dont have the time to play this game like 16 times. 

Are those glitches realy that common or is it possible I'm lucky to dont have them?