DLC is free for Hong Kong

Just a heads up. If you want to 100% this game but you don't want to spent money in the DLC because it is overpriced, create a Hong Kong account, the DLC is free there.

Here's the link: https://store.playstation.com/en-hk/product/UP0001-BLUS30537_00-ASIADAVINCIDISAP

I don't know if this is a bug but I would recommend to grab the DLC

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HellcoreFire said:

Hasn't this always been free? I think I got it for free when I bought the game back in the day.

No, the DLC has a price tag in the EU and US. But in HK it says that its free.

You probably got the DLC for free with a special version of the game

28 minutes ago, Van-Helsings said:

DLC is region locked, you have ti get the Asian copy to use the DLC from Hong kong store

Apparently not. I have a EU physical copy of the game and the DLC worked just fine for me when I did this trick.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 8/24/2018 at 5:45 PM, maiathewinners said:

The DLC is working fine here and I have the EU copy.

3 minutes ago, MattbluePT said:

I have a EU copy too, but can't play this dlc. You just installed it?

DLC is region locked so it's extremely unlikely you are playing HK DLC on a EU copy of the game.

3 minutes ago, EmoKitten4 said:

DLC is region locked so it's extremely unlikely you are playing HK DLC on a EU copy of the game.

I did just that back in the day. I think I found it out from PS3trophies.org site so there might be an explanation there.

2 minutes ago, EmoKitten4 said:

Seems this is a extremely rare case. Probably something to do with the server rather then the region. But i did find this post on PST.org

It sure is weird that it works and I do remember making a Hong Kong account. Hopefully it still works!

19 minutes ago, MattbluePT said:

As maiathewinners said that could play the Dlc on a EU copy, I was just asking how

Both the NA version and the EU version of AC Brotherhood are listed on the HK store:

NA: https://store.playstation.com/en-hk/product/UP0001-BLUS30537_00-ASIADAVINCIDISAP

EU: https://store.playstation.com/en-hk/product/EP0001-BLES00909_00-ASIALC4000000001

Just install the one matching your disc code.

Same for AC Revelations and AC II

Edited by charlijaen
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, charlijaen said:

Both the NA version and the EU version of AC Brotherhood are listed on the HK store:

NA: https://store.playstation.com/en-hk/product/UP0001-BLUS30537_00-ASIADAVINCIDISAP

EU: https://store.playstation.com/en-hk/product/EP0001-BLES00909_00-ASIALC4000000001

Just install the one matching your disc code.

Same for AC Revelations and AC II

Thank you, will do that

• 7 months later...

I can confirm that "The Lost Archive" for Revelations works, also the Animus Project Update 3.0 is avaible after installing the dlc, so i guess the Da Vinci missions are avaible. (USA region, The Ezio Trilogy tested) using the in-game store menu.

Edited by Daniel-ECB
Added more info.
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

How can you verify a chinese account nowadays? It makes you use a chinese phone number to finish verifying your account.

Edit: Nvm, I was supposed to make a Hong Kong account, not a Mainland China account 

Edited by Partik24

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has been able to download the DLC for free from the Hong Kong store recently, because every time I try to download I get the error code: 80029780.

Things I have tried.

1) Created a Hong Kong account on PC, set it up on PS3, proceeded to activate it then went onto AC Brotherhood and tried to download the DLC from in game and it did not work.

2) Created a Hong Kong account on PC, set it up on PS3, proceeded to activate it then went onto the Hong Kong PS Store and tried to download the DLC from there and it did not work.

3) Created a Hong Kong account on PS3, proceeded to activate it then went repeated both steps above.

4) I noticed the DLC says only compatible with the AC Heritage Collection, I bought the AC Heritage collection and still nothing..

If anyone has a solution please let me know.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5-8-2022 at 3:16 PM, SalimLagrichi said:

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has been able to download the DLC for free from the Hong Kong store recently, because every time I try to download I get the error code: 80029780.

Things I have tried.

1) Created a Hong Kong account on PC, set it up on PS3, proceeded to activate it then went onto AC Brotherhood and tried to download the DLC from in game and it did not work.

2) Created a Hong Kong account on PC, set it up on PS3, proceeded to activate it then went onto the Hong Kong PS Store and tried to download the DLC from there and it did not work.

3) Created a Hong Kong account on PS3, proceeded to activate it then went repeated both steps above.

4) I noticed the DLC says only compatible with the AC Heritage Collection, I bought the AC Heritage collection and still nothing..

If anyone has a solution please let me know.

Thanks.

Ive been able to get it for free around July 14. I needed to try many many hours of trying the different versions too. Finally for me it was the version where the image on the package has No ‘Add-on’ stamp on it in blue. So the ones with Add-on for me didnt work. Im not 100% sure but I think they are under the heritage collection main game. 
If its not working try to download them from the store not ingame, contrary to some of the guides that say it’s got to be done that way.

Edited by Sauron-The-Great
Added date

• 7 months later...

For anyone trying this with an EU copy in 2023.

I downloaded the DLC from the store and it didn't work. I can't seem to see the two versions, as in the EU and US version, on the Hong Kong store, there's only one version that says 'english version'

Anyway I booted the game up whilst logged into my HK account, went to the additional content bit, downloaded the Da Vinci DLC from there and it worked straight away when I logged back into my normal account. 

My guess is the store no longer has those two versions but going to the store from the game, it recognises what version of the game you have and shows you the relevant DLC.

Hope this helps someone. 

• Like 4

• 9 months later...
On 5/21/2023 at 11:11 AM, jonesey46 said:

For anyone trying this with an EU copy in 2023.

I downloaded the DLC from the store and it didn't work. I can't seem to see the two versions, as in the EU and US version, on the Hong Kong store, there's only one version that says 'english version'

Anyway I booted the game up whilst logged into my HK account, went to the additional content bit, downloaded the Da Vinci DLC from there and it worked straight away when I logged back into my normal account. 

My guess is the store no longer has those two versions but going to the store from the game, it recognises what version of the game you have and shows you the relevant DLC.

Hope this helps someone. 

God bless you @jonesey46 . IT WORKED PERFECTLY!!

• Like 1