Looks easy - Gold and Platinum trophies only

Nightowljrm

11 minutes ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

I'm not one to care much for this kind of thing, but it always rubs me the wrong way when I see these gold only lists. Defeats the purpose of having a hierarchy for trophies me thinks.

These games are just easy cash for the developers. They know alot of people like to play games for the trophies, there were tons of games which used this 'concept' like My Name Is Mayo etc..

I seriously don't know why playstation supports this, but if the money talks, the bullshit walks.

OT: These are absolutely easy trophies, you're right about the mario part, but a very cheap mario look-a-like :p. Will be bought alot because of the trophies.

9 minutes ago, VLAAMINGK_N1 said:

These games are just easy cash for the developers. They know alot of people like to play games for the trophies, there were tons of games which used this 'concept' like My Name Is Mayo etc..

I seriously don't know why playstation supports this, but if the money talks, the bullshit walks.

OT: These are absolutely easy trophies, you're right about the mario part, but a very cheap mario look-a-like :p. Will be bought alot because of the trophies.

I know we are on a trophy site so we are greatly skewed, but do a lot of people actually buy games just for trophies? I haven't been convinced of that claim. If trophies were so aligned with sales, we would see developers caring a lot more about them then they currently do as they would see a big difference in sales depending on their trophy lists. But developers don't care because they don't see the difference in sales since trophies matter to only a fraction of gamers. 

18 minutes ago, VLAAMINGK_N1 said:

Would you agree that some games are aimed at kids?  And maybe even that those games aimed at kids should not be exempt from having trophies?  

1 minute ago, Kittet3 said:

I know we are on a trophy site so we are greatly skewed, but do a lot of people actually buy games just for trophies? I haven't been convinced of that claim. If trophies were so aligned with sales, we would see developers caring a lot more about them then they currently do as they would see a big difference in sales depending on their trophy lists. But developers don't care because they don't see the difference in sales since trophies matter to only a fraction of gamers. 

The top 1000 on this site definitely do buy solely for the trophies. Its hard to say what the developers are thinking when they create trophy lists, but I am pretty games like Mayo would have less than 1000 purchases if it wasn't for trophies.

19 minutes ago, VLAAMINGK_N1 said:

The way I look at it is there are 225,441 total trophies to be earned (at the time of this posting) regardless of how difficult the requirements.

Just now, Bos10George said:

The top 1000 on this site definitely do buy solely for the trophies. Its hard to say what the developers are thinking when they create trophy lists, but I am pretty games like Mayo would have less than 1000 purchases if it wasn't for trophies.

The way I look at it is there are 225,441 total trophies to be earned (at the time of this posting) regardless of how difficult the requirements.

1000 Top Rated- yes. For My Name Is Mayo, it was a steam game that had over 1800 reviews on it. Sure, some of the fun was getting 100% even for casual players, but some people just like cheap and silly games.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

1000 Top Rated- yes. For My Name Is Mayo, it was a steam game that had over 1800 reviews on it. Sure, some of the fun was getting 100% even for casual players, but some people just like cheap and silly games.

I love cheap and silly games, and would have played Mayo without trophies, like on my Switch, for example.  :) 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

Would you agree that some games are aimed at kids?  And maybe even that those games aimed at kids should not be exempt from having trophies?  

Not to be exempt. But giving out a platinum for a "challenge" like that is something different. 

I look at something like this for Sony Rewards. That's 11 Golds and a Platinum to go towards giving me points for PSN cards. 

Plus I like having super easy Platinums in the backlog when I'm just having one of those days where I can't be bothered with something more complex or difficult. I just want to sit back, relax and get a quick Plat. And this is the ultimate game for that...no Bronze or Silver...just trophy profit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I look at something like this for Sony Rewards. That's 11 Golds and a Platinum to go towards giving me points for PSN cards. 

Plus I like having super easy Platinums in the backlog when I'm just having one of those days where I can't be bothered with something more complex or difficult. I just want to sit back, relax and get a quick Plat. And this is the ultimate game for that...no Bronze or Silver...just trophy profit.

Excellent way to put it. I agree. 

23 hours ago, VLAAMINGK_N1 said:

Will be bought alot because of the trophies.

You would be surprised how many easy platinum games that exist right now that dont sell alot of units, the price point will also have alot to do with that but the trophy hunter community is so small when you look at the wider scope of things. And contrary to belief but not all trophy hunters play easy games, ive met quitea few that refuse to add them to their collection.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 2:17 PM, Kittet3 said:

I know we are on a trophy site so we are greatly skewed, but do a lot of people actually buy games just for trophies? I haven't been convinced of that claim.

Over 10,000 people on PSNP bought Little Adventure on the Prairie. It was on the PSNP front page 10 most popular after it came out. The game has absolutely *no* redeeming features whatsoever, and it's insane to think that it sold well for any reason other than easy trophies.

Its developer purposely gave it easy trophies specifically to make some easy money to fund their next game.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...