Question about CQC

JohnCenaSong-

So I just did my first playthrough with Jill and I'm thinking of YOLOing Chris' playthrough CQC whilst also saving everyone.

My question is regarding the 2nd phase of the final boss I then need to face. I know the rocket that leads into the cutscene does not count as a shot HOWEVER I was reading somewhere that the 'once again' playthrough requires 2 shots of the rocket instead of 1, is this true and does this additional shot that doesn't kill count as a shot and will it make CQC impossible to have while saving everyone in this playthrough.

23 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

So I just did my first playthrough with Jill and I'm thinking of YOLOing Chris' playthrough CQC whilst also saving everyone.

My question is regarding the 2nd phase of the final boss I then need to face. I know the rocket that leads into the cutscene does not count as a shot HOWEVER I was reading somewhere that the 'once again' playthrough requires 2 shots of the rocket instead of 1, is this true and does this additional shot that doesn't kill count as a shot and will it make CQC impossible to have while saving everyone in this playthrough.

The shots at the end ONLY void the CQC trophy if you MISS!!

So, if you try and hit the Tyrant, miss, then fire again and succeed, it will void the trophy. But hitting it first time will not.

And yes, I confirm this myself. I made a platinum speedrun guide for this a long time and discovered this while testing requirements, I guess by chance ;)

One thing lead to another and so I considered the possibility, then it turned out to be true.

Its pretty clumsy of the game, to make it that a rocket on target doesnt void it, but a missed rocket will because ur using a weapon regardless

• Like 1