Can everything be done before beating final boss?

Just like the title says can I do every single trophy before getting the critical game mode completed trophy? I've seen that people get that trophy before lingering will and the mushrooms etc so I'm just curious do I have the option to beat everything before the main game or does the lingering will and other trophies only appear after I've beaten the game once? 

If you're not playing on Critical mode you can every other trophy first. That's how other people got those trophies before getting the critical mode one. If you're trying to do the plat in a single playthrough on critical mode, you can't though.

26 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

You will need to beat the game first before you can do Lingering Will, Mushroom XIII and Organization XIII fights.

So I can't do "Lingering Will" "To Rule Them All" and "Mushroom Master" until I beat the story once, but everything else is possible before the story? I plan on getting the Critical Mode completed as a trophy milestone, probably 4,500 so I just wanna work out the max number of trophies I can get before beating the game. 

These are some other trophies that are connected to the ones you already listed and can't get before finishing the story either.

All in all the trophies you can only get post-game should be these: Conqueror, Craftsman, Heartless HighbrowLingering Will, Mushroom Master, Professor, Seeker, To Rule Them All and Treasure Hunter.

I'm not too sure about the Navigator trophy, but I think that you're able to get through the Cavern of Remembrance without finishing the story, so Navigator should be obtainable before the final fight. 

On 23/08/2018 at 8:24 PM, Lojtana said:

These are some other trophies that are connected to the ones you already listed and can't get before finishing the story either.

All in all the trophies you can only get post-game should be these: Conqueror, Craftsman, Heartless HighbrowLingering Will, Mushroom Master, Professor, Seeker, To Rule Them All and Treasure Hunter.

I'm not too sure about the Navigator trophy, but I think that you're able to get through the Cavern of Remembrance without finishing the story, so Navigator should be obtainable before the final fight. 

Thanks a lot for this! There's also something else I'm wondering. In KH2 can I change the fire buttons for the gummi ship? I want Square for my lasers and X for my cannons, so I can use both at the same time.