Trophy Guide Videos (COMPLETE)

rubhen925

Hey guys, it's Rubhen here. Fresh off the Shenmue 2 Platinum. As with the first game i will be making trophy guide videos and general guides. These are technically all the trophies that are missable and not story-related. Hopefully you guys find them useful :)

*Note - Most trophies are in the order i earned them, but some that require continuation from Hong Kong to Kowloon, well they might appear out of order. Feel free to use these videos for your guides!

1) Money For Nothing Trophy

2) Challenger & Strongarm Trophies

Timeline:

1) Arm Wrestling Location 1 in Honk Kong - 0:05

2) Arm Wrestling Location 2 in Honk Kong - 2:12

3) Arm Wrestling Location in Kowloon - 3:42

3) Big Spender Trophy

4) Slippery Like An Eel Trophy

5) Good Samaritan Trophy

6) Unexpected Visit Trophy

7) Fastest Way to Farm Money

So I know this isn't a trophy, but Money is needed for a specific story aspect in the game, and also helps earn the Master Trophy more easily, so i'm leaving this here :)

8) All Combat Skill Move Trophies

Timeline:

1) Move 1: Iron Palm | Location: South Carmain Qr. | Method: Taught by Jianmin (Talk to him) - 1:29

2) Move 2: Horshoe Kick | Location: Man Mo Temple | Method: Scroll given by Hanhui (Story-related) - 3:51

3) Move 3: Oblique Air Kick | Location: Man Mo Temple | Method: Scroll given by Hanhui (Story-related) - 4:12

4) Move 4: Mantis Combo | Location: Man Mo Temple | Method: Scroll given by Hanhui (Story-related) - 4:32

5) Move 5: Hind Blow | Location: South Carmain Qr. | Method: Taught by Guixiang (Talk to her) - 4:53

6) Move 6: Wild Throw (Back To School Trophy/Achievement) | Location: Green Qr. | Method: Taught by Zhoushan (talk to him) - 8:58

7) Move 7: Brawling Uppercut | Location: Fortune's Pier | Method: Taught by Delin (Work with him after meeting Ren) - 12:29

8) Moves 8-11: Twin Palm Thrust, Double Storm Kick, Dragon Spin, & Stepping Strike | Location: Wisemen's Kung Fu Store in Wisemen Qr. | Method: Scrolls you have to buy - 16:22

9) Move 12: Counter Elbow Assault | Location: Man Mo Temple | Method: Taught by Lishao Tao (Story-related) - 18:31

10) Moves 13-17: Machinegun Fist, Rear Foot Sweep, Serpent Coil, Oblique Slam, & one more (forgot the name) | Location: Two Shops in Thousand White Building in Thousand White Qr. | Method: Scrolls you have to buy - 21:01

11) Move 18: Demon's Triangle | Location: Man Mo Temple | Method: Taught by Lishao Tao (Story-related) - 23:26

9) Cartographer Trophy

10) Sweet Sorrow Trophy

Timeline:

1) Talking to Jianmin in South Carmain Qr. - 0:38
2) Talking to Zhoushan in Green Qr. - 1:35
3) Talking to Zhangyu in Lucky Charm Qr. - 2:50
4) Talking to Guixiang in South Carmain Qr. & unlocking trophy - 4:26

11) To Be This Good Takes Ages Trophy

Timeline:

1) All games at Pine Game Arcade | Located in Golden Qr. - 0:42
2) Afterburner | Located in Phoenix Building 1F - 4:48
3) Hangon | Located in Yellow Head Building 2F, Room 222 - 7:23

12) Flower Power Trophy

*That's it! All videos are uploaded and this is pretty much complete. And, that's going to be my final coverage of Shenmue 2. I'm glad i got a chance to play the game. it has its charms, but boy do the bugs, glitches, and awkward camera angles makes the game annoying at times. hopefully Shenmue 3 fixes these issues, and maybe i can do trophy guides for that game as well. Who knows?

Cheers

Edited by rubhen925
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

hey thanks man this is great. Your 1st guide made me decide to buy the game as it's only a 15 hour platinum. Wanted to ask how much time to plat the 2nd game? more or less the same or way longer?

this one is longer, around 20 hours. Some things can take a while to finish. Especially the final area with the boss. So anywhere from 15-20 hours

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Johnniner7 said:

Rub need help getting good samaritan trophy

haha just as i post the video, i see you have a question for it :P

But yea i only found one way to trigger it consistently. Which is after you get the job at the warehouse at the beginning of the game. After the first time you work, head back to the Come over guest house, go inside, and then go back out. Now head back towards the pigeon park area, and this event should pop up