Do you buy new, used, or rent games?

MrsB

I never rent games, because I love to add games into my collection, it makes me have an almost personal connection with the discs. Overall, I only but new games when I pre-order them, the rest are all pre-owned.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly lol

• Like 1

I never buy used games for the level interest of playing it is really low like you just want to play it and get the platinum and sell it off again unlike when you really buy a brand new game, the urge to unwrap it, the smell freshly released from the factory, and extrinsic feeling of buying it from the store to the feeling where you release the plastic seal covering it with the fragrance still wrapping around the plastic seal and the case waiting for it to be opened and see the disc & the manual brand new with a full fresh fragrance :)

• Like 1

I never buy used games for the level interest of playing it is really low like you just want to play it and get the platinum and sell it off again unlike when you really buy a brand new game, the urge to unwrap it, the smell freshly released from the factory, and extrinsic feeling of buying it from the store to the feeling where you release the plastic seal covering it with the fragrance still wrapping around the plastic seal and the case waiting for it to be opened and see the disc & the manual brand new with a full fresh fragrance :)

:yay:

There's just something about buying a new game that makes it awesome.

It shows that I own that game and I don't have to worry about returning a game on time.

It shows that I own that game and I don't have to worry about returning a game on time.

Oh you have to return them on time. jk yea, owning is definitely better than going like "when did I rent this again ?"

that and you don't have to wait like days on end if the game you go looking for ain't there.

I'm 25/75.
Mostly buy Used games unless they have an online pass. Or I really like the game and pay sticker price (40-60$).
I only pre-order for games I truly want and if they have some nice dlc. Like Tales of Graces F, Anarchy Reigns and RE Anthology.

Edited by MxWhiteKnight

If it is a game I've been following and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, I will go ahead and pre-order it and buy it new. If I'm on the fence I'll rent it at Redbox and if I enjoy it I'll buy it new and if not, well, I just saved myself $58.

Parker

Wow, I'm jealous and I really mean it. Where I live there's no option to rent a game (platform doesn't matter) and new PS3 games cost about 1/6 - 1/10 of average wage / salary [don't remember which one is correct form here].

So despite fact, that I played ~120 games on PS3 and Vita, only 3 or 4 of them were new. Rest of them was used, but instead of buying, I exchanged them with other players.

Edited by szon-pol

xD and adding to that, rent games always make you finish a game within a limited time mostly when it's really a time consuming or a long game unlike the new game, you can return to it if you're playing other games you have or finish it anytime you want. xD

Edited by NightWing

• 3 weeks later...