Do you buy new, used, or rent games?

MrsB

Games that i am really excited for i will pre-order if there is some kind of pre-order bonus but other than that i will buy Pre-Owned since it is cheaper unless there is a big sale going on where i can get it new for cheaper than what i would normally pay

i refuse to do digital download, and i used to refuse to buy new. it was always used, or rent. that's changed a bit. i'll rent "trophy" games. NCIS, CSI, you know. the ones no one really wants to own. besides that, i mainly try to buy new now, unless i "Keep" from GameFly. i hate buying used now cause of all the stickers, etc on the cases. just makes the collection look, bleh.

Never rent a game. i like to own everything, even if i got a game just for the trophies. I buy a lot of new, more so before when i had more money, now its bout 50/50 used as well. I hate getting digital unless i have no choice.. i feel most digital games should be much cheaper compared to disk based ones, but many times they are the same and more often then not even more... so only if i don't have a choice..

I've never rented a game. I like to take my time and appreciate it. With college and a social life, I don't have the time to power through a game in three days.

Also, I tend to buy games new. If I can, I will. Some games though, it's hard to find a new copy around and I have to put my money straight into the pockets of GAME, but that tends to be a last resort. For recently released preowned games, what's an extra £5 really going to get me? I'd rather get more money to a developer for future franchises. None of my friends are big gamers, they're the kind of people who buy one or two game a year (the Call Of Duty/Fifa players). I'm not really interested in either of those so borrowing or lending rarely happens.

I haven't rented anything since the days of the SNES. Within the last 5-6 years I also only bought one used game. And that only because I couldn't manage to find it new anywhere.

I only buy very few games at release and about 90% digital meanwhile. Be it on Steam, Gamersgate, Greenman Gaming etc. or PSN.

If I don't have money to rent or buy a new game, I just borrow a game from my friend to see what's it's like. I could save money from renting and playing a game at the shop.

My big brother gave me a copy of Red Dead Redemption (he said I would like the game)

And he was right (Love RDR :)  )

I need to finish the game though :hmm:

• Like 1

How is RDR? I haven't tried playing it before. It will be your next game to plat? :)

I love it :)

I'm not into Western games,but this one is different.

I love all the cool stuff you can do in the game (I never thought skinning animals or playing poker was this much fun)

Hell,I enjoy playing Liar's Dice :lol:

• 2 months later...