Do you buy new, used, or rent games?

MrsB

I do abit of all 3. Im actualy starting to prefer to buy digital mostly, im horrible at keeping track on who i lent my games too, so the digital way im sure ill have them home always hehe. I do still buy collectors edition if theres a nice ingame bonus or an nice figure with it. 

I dont actualy rent games but in Denmark we can borrow games/movies/music at our libraries for free and i use that alot, they update their catalouge every month and have 100s of games..its a service i realy love and alot of my friends use it too.

• 9 months later...

I never rented a game before.

I like to buy them new or at a discounted price if I really liked them or had some insane amount of hype that would get my attention :D and sometimes games that I don't get I wait for their prices to go down and buy them pre-owned in packs (like 3 to 7 pre owned games at once xD) also there's a trading method here that you trade your game with a game of the same year or the same popularity and pay about 6.25$ and I use it if I find a game that I want to try but don't want to pay the full price

I've never rented a game, or anything really.

If I buy used it's usually because it's a game that's harder to find like Atelier or Agarest or because I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it (if it's cheap enough).

If it's a game I know I'll love then I'll buy new and try to squeeze for the CE (Tales of Xillia, Darksiders 2).

I also buy EA games used, like Dragon Age. I want to play the game but I feel so dirty knowing EA will be getting my money.

I always buy games, good games I want early on I'll get new, and we also have a store that sells 2nd hand games I keep my eye on for anything interesting. Added bonus of the store is I can trade a 2nd hand game for another within a week, so I'll usually get one, plat it in a week and get another one :). I think it's a good way of increasing my platinum count. Since I usually don't replay a finished game I don't get stuck with too many games I'm going to have to resell.

Ideal for getting the trophies of mediocre games like Terminator Salvation, without getting stuck with the actual game :)

Edited by Ric