Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrsB

Do you buy new, used, or rent games?

229 posts in this topic

I never rent and I never buy pre-owned due to faulty discs I've received. So I always buy new and yes, I agree - ripping off the plastic and smelling the inside......heaven.

I rent games if its an easy platinum otherwise I buy the game off trade me. Unless its gta5 or gt6 where I will buy them brand new.

I do abit of all 3. Im actualy starting to prefer to buy digital mostly, im horrible at keeping track on who i lent my games too, so the digital way im sure ill have them home always hehe. I do still buy collectors edition if theres a nice ingame bonus or an nice figure with it. 

I dont actualy rent games but in Denmark we can borrow games/movies/music at our libraries for free and i use that alot, they update their catalouge every month and have 100s of games..its a service i realy love and alot of my friends use it too.

I buy games new, only buy used if I'm actually saving a good bit or that's the only way I can find the game.

There is no renting video games in my country. I only buy pre-owned because you really have to be in that 8% of the countries best paid people to buy day one games.

ill buy used and new but i havent rented a game since the N64

Never rented a game, never even bought a used game. Always new!

Haven't rented a game in a long time.  Usually try and buy used, but if it's something I think will be amazing I usually pre-order it.  I'd say about 75% to 25% used over new. 

Normally I only buy pre-owned games, unless the new copy is only a little more than the old copy. Then I'll spring for the new copy.

Edited by Riptide1217

Always new or lot of the time borrow from my friends. Some games I have completed 100% within few weeks so I just trade it in at GAME store and get trade-in value ready for next game release.

I never rented a game before.

I like to buy them new or at a discounted price if I really liked them or had some insane amount of hype that would get my attention :D and sometimes games that I don't get I wait for their prices to go down and buy them pre-owned in packs (like 3 to 7 pre owned games at once xD) also there's a trading method here that you trade your game with a game of the same year or the same popularity and pay about 6.25$ and I use it if I find a game that I want to try but don't want to pay the full price

I always buy new games. Love the smell of a new game :D If a used game is cheap enough i'll buy it because the older PS3 games are usually the ones im after.

Edited by Shin

I've never rented a game, or anything really.

If I buy used it's usually because it's a game that's harder to find like Atelier or Agarest or because I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it (if it's cheap enough).

If it's a game I know I'll love then I'll buy new and try to squeeze for the CE (Tales of Xillia, Darksiders 2).

I also buy EA games used, like Dragon Age. I want to play the game but I feel so dirty knowing EA will be getting my money.

I usually buy new games because that's what i've always done.

Occasionally I borrow games from my friends but that's pretty rare for me to do.

I never rent games. But I usually buy used and new games. If the game I want I been wanting for months I will buy new. But if's a game I know I can wait, I will buy it used. 

Most of my games are new, but there are a few that are used, and those ones would be the FPS games. 

only buy new (new as in not used)
i got my ps3 in late 2012 so most of the time i buy games that are few years old and pretty cheap
basically im always a year or so behind (apart from the ps+ stuff)

Only new. I also pre-order often but i used to buy few used games during PS1/PS2 years (mostly on PS1).

Edited by DeathNyx

Usually I bought on Amazon or Eprice only new games. 

Last game I rented was Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex back in 2002. I rarely buy used games I much prefer to buy them brand new. 

I always buy games, good games I want early on I'll get new, and we also have a store that sells 2nd hand games I keep my eye on for anything interesting. Added bonus of the store is I can trade a 2nd hand game for another within a week, so I'll usually get one, plat it in a week and get another one :). I think it's a good way of increasing my platinum count. Since I usually don't replay a finished game I don't get stuck with too many games I'm going to have to resell.

Ideal for getting the trophies of mediocre games like Terminator Salvation, without getting stuck with the actual game :)

Edited by Ric

I only get used games when they  aren't in the online store and that's the only way to get them, aside that i like to get my games new.